The Official Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Thread - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
The marketing pictures are of the Cajun Red Tintcoat.
You may be right, even though page 2 says Redhot. Looks like the catalog may be wrong as well.
Just saw on the ordering guide under distribution updates, the update this week added the footnote deleting colors from the ZR2...so I'm starting to think you are correct.

On a side note, anyone looking for a marketing job? Seems GM may be in need of some help.
goleee33 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:42 AM

Red Hot:

Cajun Red Tintcoat:

ZR2:

Looks more like the deeper Cajun Red to me.
post #43 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:44 AM
KMW

I think that picture just has some color effects done to it. Watch the videos and look at the auto show pics and it's definitely brighter than that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Xtreme Thunder likes this.

post #44 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:46 AM
KMW

post #45 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazu87usf View Post
You may be right, even though page 2 says Redhot. Looks like the catalog may be wrong as well.
Just saw on the ordering guide under distribution updates, the update this week added the footnote deleting colors from the ZR2...so I'm starting to think you are correct.

On a side note, anyone looking for a marketing job? Seems GM may be in need of some help.
C'Mon chevy, get your act together. It does say in "red hot" there on page 2...

If you look at the press event photos (like from Car and Driver, etc) they have the Deepwood Green Metallic Extended Cab Diesel, and a Red Hot Crew Cab V6...

Very likely they used these specific vehicles for the marketing photos.
post #46 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:49 AM

So, who knows. Too much misinformation about it. I guess we will see when they actually open ordering in a couple weeks.
post #47 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 12:49 PM

Eh, agreed, who knows, if it is true, less color options = quicker decision in the color department!

However, by the time I feel like making a move it will be in the 2018 MY and probably have a couple color adds and deletes for that reason alone anyway.

Both Red Hot and Laser Blue were on my short list of 6 colors I wouldn't mind.

Last edited by Xtreme Thunder; 02-21-2017 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Grammar.
post #48 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 04:06 PM

Deepwood Green or Silver Ice for me. :)

"Brownstone Bumblebee" 2016 Diesel Colorado Z71 CCSB 4X4, Brownstone Metallic
HPD and Provent 200 Catch Cans, Amsoil Fluids, MetalMan Front Differential, Engine Oil Pan, & Steering Motor Skid Plate, Undercover Swing Cases
Say No! to Wheelers's Offroad!

"I respect everyone's opinion, no matter how wrong it may be."
post #49 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 05:06 PM
KMW

I was set on Cyber Gray Metallic until I saw the Red Hot in the videos. Something about the red and black combination that gets me!

post #50 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 10:31 PM

Garage
The Official Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Thread

I'll take a CC SB V6 ZR2 in Graphite Metallic please

Nate93
15 Canyon ATCCSB
post #51 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
I was set on Cyber Gray Metallic until I saw the Red Hot in the videos. Something about the red and black combination that gets me!

I'm that way, but with White. The white and black, with the touch of red from the ZR2 emblem/ and decals is a win for me, however, I'm not totally sold on the white yet as to me it still screams work truck, which is why I was kind of hoping for a Pearl White available on the ZR2.
post #52 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 08:59 AM

The deepwood green metallic is officially added to the ordering guide. I was not sure it was going to happen for MY2017 but so glad it is. With this being confirmed there is nothing I see delaying me from ordering once open.

Model Information - Online Ordering Guide
post #53 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Thunder View Post
I'm that way, but with White. The white and black, with the touch of red from the ZR2 emblem/ and decals is a win for me, however, I'm not totally sold on the white yet as to me it still screams work truck, which is why I was kind of hoping for a Pearl White available on the ZR2.
My wife said the same thing. I have a pearl white Jeep Wrangler now and she loves it, but she saw the bright white on the Colorado and said it looks too much like a work truck.

And why did they add that green tint to the graphite metallic? It would have looked awesome.
post #54 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
My wife said the same thing. I have a pearl white Jeep Wrangler now and she loves it, but she saw the bright white on the Colorado and said it looks too much like a work truck.

And why did they add that green tint to the graphite metallic? It would have looked awesome.
I'll be checking out the other available colors in person that are going to be available for sure. Maybe the ZR2 in White, in person, won't scream work truck as much as I think. I guess I'll have to wait... longer.
post #55 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCam View Post
The deepwood green metallic is officially added to the ordering guide. I was not sure it was going to happen for MY2017 but so glad it is. With this being confirmed there is nothing I see delaying me from ordering once open.

Model Information - Online Ordering Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Thunder View Post
I'll be checking out the other available colors in person that are going to be available for sure. Maybe the ZR2 in White, in person, won't scream work truck as much as I think. I guess I'll have to wait... longer.
Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to check out any colors on a ZR2 in person (especially the deepwood green). I doubt these will ever be stocked on the lots at least for the first year or two. I'm going to the auto show here in Atlanta next month for the sole purpose of checking out the ZR2 and the colors.
post #56 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to check out any colors on a ZR2 in person (especially the deepwood green). I doubt these will ever be stocked on the lots at least for the first year or two. I'm going to the auto show here in Atlanta next month for the sole purpose of checking out the ZR2 and the colors.
That is possible, I guess time will tell on how attainable these will be in regards to dealer stock. I have some time to poke around for color hunting. As I have mentioned earlier, at least for me, I won't make a move until late 2017 or early 2018 and I may have a few other choices to make with the 2018 MY. Nonetheless, I will be checking all out I can see with local dealers, with 1 being within 10 mins, and the other 3 within 30 mins.
post #57 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 11:07 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCam View Post
The deepwood green metallic is officially added to the ordering guide.
They say, a picture is worth like 3 words or somethin....

Last edited by drewabbs; 02-27-2017 at 11:23 AM.
post #58 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewabbs View Post
Yeah I have seen that but I was not convinced it was truly going to happen. The catalog has several inconsistencies so far I just thought maybe GM once again got it wrong. That page alone shows burning hot metallic as a late availability but if that was the case would you not think it would show on order guide with footnote similar to laser blue. According to the chevy site, it also appears they may have dropped brownstone for all colorados but catalog and order guide make no mention of it being only early availability. If I was in the market for brownstone Z71 and looking to order now I would not be a happy customer.
post #59 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewabbs View Post
I like they way that color looks in pictures. We'll see what it's like in person soon.
post #60 of 221 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 10:15 AM

I am digging up my GM my connections to see if I can get the Red Hot Clarified. The truck in the brochure and at the show is Red Hot as they are the same truck. With that said it also is preproduction. Note my connections are though the Camaro program but they may be able to get us the low down here.

But why would you market a Red Hot and not offer it? Either the brochure is miss leading or the order site is wrong.

It may take a few days but if I hear back anything I will post it there.

Deepwood Green is happing and it is a ZR2 color only.

One thing I have considered is that the 2017 may not offer Red Hot but the 2018 may. The 2017 is a short run and the ZR2 is really just an early 2018 model with some additions that the other trucks did not get like the wireless phone charging. I expect small changes for 2018.

If Red Hot is not on the list I will have to chose from Deepwood Green, Ice Silver and Graphite Black. I need to see the green in person but it has some appeal as it is green but not really that green.

Last edited by hyperv6; 03-02-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode