17 laser blue availability? - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
Is Lazer Blue just available on the Colorado and not the Canyon?
Correct. Always been that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamarider View Post
So, Back in 2015, how long did it take before the Laser Blue was actually available to order? Could this get dragged out for months? This color was also available on the 16's, I guess they ran out of blue paint...
I believe it became available to order by the end of February. @Blue15ColoradoLT might remember better, since he held out to order.
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 10:01 AM
ADMIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
I believe it became available to order by the end of February. @Blue15ColoradoLT might remember better, since he held out to order.
I ordered mine in Dec 2014. However the order sat with the dealer till 2/7/15 when they opened up the availability for the laser blue.

It ended up with a TPW of 3/4/15 and I finally took delivery on 3/21/15.

First laser blue on the forums, right here!!!
RatRacer likes this.

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 09:19 AM

Garage
I also wanted the Colorado in this color but I have yet to see any 17's out there. All i can find in my area is a 16 Z71 4 cylinder. v6 is a must for me since I wont be going with the duramax diesel

2017 Colorado 3.6L, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Z71, 4WD.
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 09:48 AM

this is the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on ordering one yet
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:01 PM

Well, According to my local dealer, Laser Blue is now apparently available on their order sheet.
Can anybody else who is looking to order this color confirm this?
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 09:19 AM

Yes, my dealer(s) said the same thing. Now If I can only get one of them to give me a decent price. I wish there was a Chevrolet version of Laura GMC
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 07:30 PM

Well, I pulled the trigger today and ordered my new Laser blue X-cab Colorado Z71 4x4. Hope to see it in about 6 to 8 weeks and look forward to owning one of the first blue 17's around here.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Well, I pulled the trigger today and ordered my new Laser blue X-cab Colorado Z71 4x4. Hope to see it in about 6 to 8 weeks and look forward to owning one of the first blue 17's around here.
My order goes in Tuesday. Laser Blue CCSB LT 4wd
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 08:10 PM

Nice going GM, after patiently waiting for the Laser Blue to become available for ordering, you pull the plug on all builds and only take orders for ZR2's. I ordered my Blue Z71 4x4 three weeks ago and my build status is still sitting at 1100. Haven't even accepted yet. Only accepting orders that someone placed for a ZR2 within the last few days and in the near future. Probably won't see my truck for a few months now...

I'm a pretty patient guy, but is anyone else as frustrated as I am?
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Nice going GM, after patiently waiting for the Laser Blue to become available for ordering, you pull the plug on all builds and only take orders for ZR2's. I ordered my Blue Z71 4x4 three weeks ago and my build status is still sitting at 1100. Haven't even accepted yet. Only accepting orders that someone placed for a ZR2 within the last few days and in the near future. Probably won't see my truck for a few months now...

This is GM at their finest. I am on the other end of this issue. I am one of the people looking to order a ZR2 only to be told by several dealers they have no info and can't place order yet. I have seen several individuals here already have order together and submitted or will be submitted today. I have also had the same dealers that last week had "no info" follow up and tell me this week they have a ZR2 on order with blah blah and will be available. What? The total lack of consistent info from GM and its dealers is terrible. This reminds me of the many stories I read on the diesel order thread when it was first offered. Get your stuff together GM!
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 09:21 AM

Garage
Quote:

That sux.
Did you verify with the dealer that they had an allocation to be able to order for immediate acceptance? GM does make dealers take numbers like a deli, to accept orders.
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
That sux.
Did you verify with the dealer that they had an allocation to be able to order for immediate acceptance? GM does make dealers take numbers like a deli, to accept orders.
I don't know the answer to that. Would that information be available on the workbench order? It does state a Priority: 1
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
I don't know the answer to that. Would that information be available on the workbench order? It does state a Priority: 1
No.
That would be something the dealer would communicate verbally to you. There were some guys held up for ~2 months because their dealer didn't have an allocation. That's why higher volume dealers have more inventory, because they get more frequent allocations.
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 12:15 PM
ADMIN

Garage
Quote:

I currently have an order in with GM for a 2017 Camaro ZL1. After going through the forum and speaking with one of the site sponsors (Rodgers Chevrolet) we were told that the Camaro ZL1s were only being accepted with a dedicated order cycle.

What that means is that GM was only accepting Camaro ZL1 orders through specific time frames. The first cycle was 12/22 - 12/27, next was 2/9-2/14 and of course their most recent was 3/9 - 3/14.

There is a good chance that they are doing the same for the Colorado ZR2. You might have to wait for the ordering cycle to close on the ZR2 before they reopen accepting for general orders.

My order for the Camaro was put in on 12/26 and it took till the 2/9 - 2/14 ordering cycle for GM to accept my order.

I would speak to your dealer and see if they have any further information about it.

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 04:48 PM

My local dealer has several in stock now.

Chevrolet Colorado at Stonebriar Chevrolet , Frisco
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:

GM's not holding them up. Mine's already been produced and just waiting on shipping to my dealer. I'd check with your dealer to see what the holdup is.
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 06:58 PM

My dealer has been doing a good job of keeping me informed on my production status. I am now at 3000...
Frustration alleviated. :)
VFRLuke likes this.
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
My dealer has been doing a good job of keeping me informed on my production status. I am now at 3000...
Frustration alleviated. :)
Hopefully I'm in the same boat soon -- my LB is still at 1100 for two weeks or so.
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 09:50 AM

Got it yesterday

20170401_182245.jpg

Last edited by VFRLuke; 04-02-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode