17 laser blue availability? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: usa
Posts: 98
17 laser blue availability?

Anyone know anything about when laser blue will be available for production/ordering? Would like to be able to find one on the lot in 2 months but doesn't seem likely if they won't be making any for the next few months. I'd prefer to avoid ordering but may not like whats on a lot.
streak07 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by streak07 View Post
Anyone know anything about when laser blue will be available for production/ordering? Would like to be able to find one on the lot in 2 months but doesn't seem likely if they won't be making any for the next few months. I'd prefer to avoid ordering but may not like whats on a lot.
I'm in the same boat. Would like to get it done in the next month or two and have my heart set on brownstone but none are getting made. Ordering is just too uncertain. Chevy online chat has no info but says check back in a couple of weeks. I've been checking multiple times a day.

It's gotten to where I'm starting to contact dealers about other colors (silver) and if someone offers me a great deal I may just take it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
DrGonzo01 is offline  
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:04 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: somewhere
Posts: 6
Mid January release for Laser Blue. Thats what I'm waiting for to order my truck.
80z28s6 is online now  
 
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: usa
Posts: 98
They dragged their feet too long. Ended up putting a deposit down on a Canyon instead. I fail to understand how a '16 color has a commodity hold for this long.
streak07 is offline  
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 04:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 110
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by streak07 View Post
They dragged their feet too long. Ended up putting a deposit down on a Canyon instead. I fail to understand how a '16 color has a commodity hold for this long.
Good choice. I think you will like the Canyon. I do!
CrashFix likes this.

2016 Canyon SLE All Terrain Crew Cab 4x4
Cyber Grey / Jet Black
Steps removed
UnderCover Tonneau
Weatherguard Mud Flaps and Floor Liner
Opt 7 LED Headlights and Fogs
LED Reverse Lights
BNR Tune / Diablosport intune i2
Jimbo17 is offline  
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 05:05 PM
Member
 
Peco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by streak07 View Post
They dragged their feet too long. Ended up putting a deposit down on a Canyon instead. I fail to understand how a '16 color has a commodity hold for this long.
Before I got my Colorado I was looking at the Canyon. Main thing that turned me away from the Canyon was color choices. If they would have had a Lazer Blue Canyon I would have been all over it, but ended up with a Lazer Blue Colorado.
Peco is offline  
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: usa
Posts: 98
I would have preferred the Colorado but I got a great deal and a color I'm happy with. I couldn't wait 3 months from production start for an order, I have to move shortly after getting back and need to tow more weight than my SUV can handle by a long shot.
streak07 is offline  
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Jeffersonville, IN
Posts: 62
Salesman told me that they scrapped the Lazer blue color. I think he's full of it and just trying to sell me what they had on the lot.


Anyone have any updates on when lazer blue will be available?


Luke
VFRLuke is offline  
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 03:17 PM
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 577
It is not a current 2017 Colorado color. GM Authority states it will be available "mid model year".

Whatever that means. Difficult to even order one when it is not yet an option.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 03:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: orange,ct
Posts: 505
2017*Online*Order*/*Reference*Guide
***
Select Another Division*




2017**Colorado
COLOR AND TRIM *-*SOLID PAINT

S = Standard Equipment***A = Available***-- (dashes) = Not Available **********
= Included in Equipment Group*** = Included in Equipment Group but upgradeable
*Indicates availability of feature on multiple models. For example, it indicates feature availability on 2WD and 4WD Models or Rear wheel drive and All-wheel drive Models.
Decor Level
Seat Type
Seat Code
Seat Trim
Interior
Jet Black / Dark Ash
Jet Black
Base / WT
Front bucket
AR7
Vinyl
H2Q
--
WT
Front bucket
AR7
Cloth
H2R
--
LT
Front bucket
AR7
Cloth
H2S
H0U
LT / ZR2
Front bucket
AR7
Leather-appointed
H2V1
H2U2
Z71
Front bucket
AR7
Cloth / Leatherette
--
HH1

Exterior
Solid Paint
Color Code
Touch-Up Paint Number
Interior
Jet Black / Dark Ash
Jet Black
Red Hot3
G7C
WA-130X
A
A
Laser Blue Metallic4
G7Z
WA-218M
A
A
Silver Ice Metallic
GAN
WA-636R
A
A
Summit White
GAZ
WA-8624
A
A
Black
GBA
WA-8555
A
A
Cyber Gray Metallic3
GBV
WA-637R
A
A
NEW!* Graphite Metallic
GPA
WA-457B
A
A
NEW!* Cajun Red Tintcoat5
GPJ
WA-434B
A
A
Brownstone Metallic3
GWX
WA-105V
A
A

1 - On LT, requires (PCK) Luxury Package, Chrome, (PDC) Shoreline Special Edition - Luxury Package or (PCL) Luxury Package, Body-Color. Not available on ZR2.
2 - Required on ZR2. On LT, requires (PCK) Luxury Package, Chrome, (PDC) Shoreline Special Edition - Luxury Package or (PCL) Luxury Package, Body-Color.
3 - Not available on 2SA.
4 - Late availability.
5 - Late availability. Additional charge - premium paint. Not available on 2SA or WT models.
Model Home

Standard Equipment

Ordering Info

-
Equipment Groups

-
Interior

-
Exterior

-
Mechanical

-
Engine/Axles

-
Color and Trim

-
SEO/Ship Thru

-
OnStar/SiriusXM Fleet Options

Dimensions

Specs

Wheels

Radios

Trailering Specs

Model and Option Weights
orangez71 is offline  
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Jeffersonville, IN
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangez71 View Post
2017*Online*Order*/*Reference*Guide
***
Select Another Division*




2017**Colorado
COLOR AND TRIM *-*SOLID PAINT

S = Standard Equipment***A = Available***-- (dashes) = Not Available **********
= Included in Equipment Group*** = Included in Equipment Group but upgradeable
*Indicates availability of feature on multiple models. For example, it indicates feature availability on 2WD and 4WD Models or Rear wheel drive and All-wheel drive Models.
Decor Level
Seat Type
Seat Code
Seat Trim
Interior
Jet Black / Dark Ash
Jet Black
Base / WT
Front bucket
AR7
Vinyl
H2Q
--
WT
Front bucket
AR7
Cloth
H2R
--
LT
Front bucket
AR7
Cloth
H2S
H0U
LT / ZR2
Front bucket
AR7
Leather-appointed
H2V1
H2U2
Z71
Front bucket
AR7
Cloth / Leatherette
--
HH1

Exterior
Solid Paint
Color Code
Touch-Up Paint Number
Interior
Jet Black / Dark Ash
Jet Black
Red Hot3
G7C
WA-130X
A
A
Laser Blue Metallic4
G7Z
WA-218M
A
A
Silver Ice Metallic
GAN
WA-636R
A
A
Summit White
GAZ
WA-8624
A
A
Black
GBA
WA-8555
A
A
Cyber Gray Metallic3
GBV
WA-637R
A
A
NEW!* Graphite Metallic
GPA
WA-457B
A
A
NEW!* Cajun Red Tintcoat5
GPJ
WA-434B
A
A
Brownstone Metallic3
GWX
WA-105V
A
A

1 - On LT, requires (PCK) Luxury Package, Chrome, (PDC) Shoreline Special Edition - Luxury Package or (PCL) Luxury Package, Body-Color. Not available on ZR2.
2 - Required on ZR2. On LT, requires (PCK) Luxury Package, Chrome, (PDC) Shoreline Special Edition - Luxury Package or (PCL) Luxury Package, Body-Color.
3 - Not available on 2SA.
4 - Late availability.
5 - Late availability. Additional charge - premium paint. Not available on 2SA or WT models.
Model Home

Standard Equipment

Ordering Info

-
Equipment Groups

-
Interior

-
Exterior

-
Mechanical

-
Engine/Axles

-
Color and Trim

-
SEO/Ship Thru

-
OnStar/SiriusXM Fleet Options

Dimensions

Specs

Wheels

Radios

Trailering Specs

Model and Option Weights

somewhat confusing what I'm looking at here, but does this mean it IS available now?


Thanks in advance,
Luke
VFRLuke is offline  
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 2,820
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFRLuke View Post
somewhat confusing what I'm looking at here, but does this mean it IS available now?


Thanks in advance,
Luke
Yes.
It became available 2/1/17
RatRacer is offline  
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 05:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Jeffersonville, IN
Posts: 62
Thank you very much
VFRLuke is offline  
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 7
Hello,

New to the forum, as I have been browsing over the threads here for the past few weeks to educate myself on the new Colorado's and get your reviews of the new 2017 twins.

Getting ready to pull the trigger and order a new X-cab Colorado Z71 V6 4x4, but I want it in Laser blue metallic. I have a GM executive discount available to me, and when I sign in to the GMFamilyFirst website to build my truck the color Laser Blue is available. But when I talk to my local dealer, they insist it is not available yet (2/7/17).

Has anyone on here been able to order their 2017 Colorado in Laser Blue yet? I need to order this truck within the next 3 weeks and am only interested with this color. If I'm going to order and spend this kind of money I want it to be exactly how I want it.

Thank You in advance for any responses,
yamarider is offline  
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 2,820
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamarider View Post
Hello,

New to the forum, as I have been browsing over the threads here for the past few weeks to educate myself on the new Colorado's and get your reviews of the new 2017 twins.

Getting ready to pull the trigger and order a new X-cab Colorado Z71 V6 4x4, but I want it in Laser blue metallic. I have a GM executive discount available to me, and when I sign in to the GMFamilyFirst website to build my truck the color Laser Blue is available. But when I talk to my local dealer, they insist it is not available yet (2/7/17).

Has anyone on here been able to order their 2017 Colorado in Laser Blue yet? I need to order this truck within the next 3 weeks and am only interested with this color. If I'm going to order and spend this kind of money I want it to be exactly how I want it.

Thank You in advance for any responses,
Welcome to C'Fans
Are they actually Checking? This was what happened in '15 too, the color showed up on the online builder, before the dealer order sheet.
RatRacer is offline  
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Senior Member
 
CrashFix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Posts: 934
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by streak07 View Post
They dragged their feet too long. Ended up putting a deposit down on a Canyon instead. I fail to understand how a '16 color has a commodity hold for this long.
What is a "commodity hold"?

Which model Canyon did you get? I think you'll be happy with it, overtime you'll come to appreciate the little things like the soft touch interior, padded console arm rest etc.

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
How to Search vBulletin.org effectively
CrashFix is offline  
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Jeffersonville, IN
Posts: 62
I was told the same thing today by a dealer that the blue wasn't available
VFRLuke is offline  
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: usa
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFix View Post
What is a "commodity hold"?

Which model Canyon did you get? I think you'll be happy with it, overtime you'll come to appreciate the little things like the soft touch interior, padded console arm rest etc.
A supply chain restriction that prevents ordering/building of a specific feature/color/option. I got a Denali for a great deal, just had to drive a couple states away to get it.
CrashFix likes this.
streak07 is offline  
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 07:12 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 7
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
Welcome to C'Fans
Are they actually Checking? This was what happened in '15 too, the color showed up on the online builder, before the dealer order sheet.
So, Back in 2015, how long did it take before the Laser Blue was actually available to order? Could this get dragged out for months? This color was also available on the 16's, I guess they ran out of blue paint...
yamarider is offline  
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
Yes.
It became available 2/1/17

Is Lazer Blue just available on the Colorado and not the Canyon?
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome