Buy from Laura but warranty service local? - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 06:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Z15_34396 Send a message via MSN to Z15_34396
The have several website options to use. The default is to show all vehicles in transit or they can option to only show stock vehicles. Its just the way the 3rd builds their dealer web site.

Mike

2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L/420HP
Protected by AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 06:48 PM

dealers don't care they get paid from GM for warranty no matter where it was bought. they'll welcome the business.
the techs don't know where it came from or care.
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltctycanyon View Post
dealers don't care they get paid from GM for warranty no matter where it was bought. they'll welcome the business.
the techs don't know where it came from or care.
The techs don't know or care, but the Service Advisors most certainly do. The advisors at the two dealerships that did not fix my defective tires problem asked, as well as the selling dealer who I eventually took it back to, and who fixed it without any fuss (what a coincidence!).
Chris Drennan likes this.

post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 07:25 PM

I purchased my Canyon from Laura. My son, daughter and I drove my Civic from east of Cleveland, Ohio to Laura. We left at 2am, drove there and purchased the truck and then drove home. It was a long day and I still owe my daughter for driving home for eight hours alone, but well worth it. I didn't even spend 100 dollars on the trip. I should mention Laura fed us Jimmy Johns while we waited at the dealer.
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 12:04 AM

I purchased from Laura. I am about 2 hours away so it wasn't a big deal heading down there. It was a very low stress, easy experience. I would recommend them to anyone. My local dealer had all hail damaged vehicles and still couldn't touch Laura's price. I'm all about loyalty but price is price.

I have a really good Chevy and GMC dealer that I've dealt with for years. They always treat me very well regardless of where the vehicle was bought.
BenDmax likes this.

2016 Canyon CC SB All Terrain Adventure Package
(Spray In Liner, Offroad Steps, Trailer Package, Cross Bar package, Tie Downs)
Bose, Nav
WeatherTech Floor Liners
Mods to come

Gone but not forgotten:
2016 Cyber Gray CC LB Z71 4x4
Bose, Spray in Liner, Trailer Package, Black Emblems, 35% 3M Window Tint, Offroad Steps
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 06:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to Z15_34396 Send a message via MSN to Z15_34396
All you are to the service dept is money in the bank.

Mike

2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L/420HP
Protected by AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 07:10 AM

There will come a point in one's life where you realize your time is much more valuable, I'll stick with my local dealer.
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDura View Post
......Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Thanks. I suspect you will get a few more replies for specifics! But it's good to hear a positive experience.

From the brief reading of their website and other places, my understanding is:

1. Laura does not further haggle; the price you see if the price you pay?
  2. Laura's posted prices do not include some fees, such as the slippery $500 or so documents fee or something similar (seems like all dealers do that, not such Laura).
  3. Looks to me like Laura has many of the exact same configuration, i.e., there is not much variation in options, say, between a GMC Canyon SLT - all are configured the same? So you'd not find some with sprayed in bed liners, some without the Bose Radio, etc?
  4. Is there an extra charge for picking you up at the airport?
Thanks.
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieTrees View Post
....... Paperwork to title the truck came in about 10 business days via Fedex. Paid tax and title in home state and ~$180 document fee to Laura.

I thought I saw somewhere that document fee was closer to $500, but maybe you paid less since you were out of state?
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrucker2 View Post
Thanks. I suspect you will get a few more replies for specifics! But it's good to hear a positive experience.

From the brief reading of their website and other places, my understanding is:

1. Laura does not further haggle; the price you see if the price you pay?
  2. Laura's posted prices do not include some fees, such as the slippery $500 or so documents fee or something similar (seems like all dealers do that, not such Laura).
  3. Looks to me like Laura has many of the exact same configuration, i.e., there is not much variation in options, say, between a GMC Canyon SLT - all are configured the same? So you'd not find some with sprayed in bed liners, some without the Bose Radio, etc?
  4. Is there an extra charge for picking you up at the airport?
Thanks.
1. Honestly, I didn't haggle at all. I suppose this could have been done over the phone, but I thought the price was fair based on reading the "What did you pay for your duramax twin" thread. MSRP 40,600, I paid 31,495 + fees (Paid taxes in home state when registering the vehicle.)
2. I'd have to look at my paperwork
3. I'm not sure what configurations they had at the time and how they compared to my model. I was looking for a Canyon long box, 4x4, white, diesel, SLE and that's exactly what they had.
4. No charge for airport pickup.

Disclaimer: Maybe some didn't experience this but there is a $2,000 deposit (non-refundable.) they asked me to pay to "hold" the truck. I had no issue because I knew I'd be purchasing the truck and the 2k just rolled into my down payment. Just be absolutely sure you want it.
BenDmax likes this.
post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 08:28 AM

For just under $41K for Dmax Denali's, that is some $6-7K off MSRP and I know if I went to the 2 closest dealers to me I'd get the same " . . . we can't come close to that price or even within $1-2K, you better get yourself out there . . . " response.

Between the absolutely, incredibly LOW no-haggle price, the $169 fee for whatever they want it for, and ability to get picked up at the airport and brought back to the dealership to get things done, it is WIN all the way around.

I am almost certain that when my time comes, and my plan this summer is to make an adventure out of it with the wife and kids. We will:

Fly to the airport, have Laura pick us up and bring us to buy the truck. We will then drive the rest of the way to Florida to spend the next couple of weeks of vacation there sometime in July or August as it is only 1,100 or so miles compared to the 1,500 miles it would be from MA to FL. We will stay wherever we want on the way down and eat and have a good time doing it and see the sights along the way in the new truck.

Someday the kids will either say or think to themselves, 'Man, remember when we flew out to IL so dad could buy his truck?', so save some money?

In 2007, I bought a new boat in FL, first flew down in April to make sure it was all well and done, then drove down to buy a trailer in Tampa, then across to Ft. Lauderdale to pick up the boat and tow it back 1,500 miles to MA with my dad. I'd do it again in a heartbeat as the entire adventure was just that, an adventure and fun.
Toughsox likes this.
post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 08:51 AM

I purchased my 2016 GMC Canyon all Terrain from Laura in September of 16. They are the absolute best as far as price and my visit there. I called everybody around the Chicagoland area and told them about the Laura price, nobody would even come close. There big sales weekends are Labor Day and Memorial day. I waited 4 months till my truck was back in stock (Labor day) and was discounted to where I wanted it ($31,380 + TTL) I drove 600+ miles round trip to get it. There was no hidden fee's, no bullshit.... I would most definitely buy from them again. I get my Canyon serviced from the local dealer here in Crystal Lake, IL.
BenDmax likes this.
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDura View Post
1. Honestly, I didn't haggle at all. I suppose this could have been done over the phone, but I thought the price was fair based on reading the "What did you pay for your duramax twin" thread. MSRP 40,600, I paid 31,495 + fees (Paid taxes in home state when registering the vehicle.)
2. I'd have to look at my paperwork
3. I'm not sure what configurations they had at the time and how they compared to my model. I was looking for a Canyon long box, 4x4, white, diesel, SLE and that's exactly what they had.
4. No charge for airport pickup.

Disclaimer: Maybe some didn't experience this but there is a $2,000 deposit (non-refundable.) they asked me to pay to "hold" the truck. I had no issue because I knew I'd be purchasing the truck and the 2k just rolled into my down payment. Just be absolutely sure you want it.
Thanks, very good feedback on your buying experience.

I agree with you on the prices there - look very good, especially comparing to the best prices I've seen locally and on TrueCar.com.

I don't like the idea of doing test drives, etc locally then buying elsewhere....but I will be giving the local dealer the price I'm willing to pay him for me NOT to go to Laura. I don't know if he will match it plus the extra costs (above posts) I'd have by flying to STL. But, I will be making the offer to the local dealer before sending Laura a $2000 deposit.
BabyDura likes this.
post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDmax View Post
...Fly to the airport, have Laura pick us up and bring us to buy the truck. We will then drive the rest of the way to Florida to spend the next couple of weeks of vacation there sometime in July or August as it is only 1,100 or so miles compared to the 1,500 miles it would be from MA to FL. We will stay wherever we want on the way down and eat and have a good time doing it and see the sights along the way in the new truck.

Someday the kids will either say or think to themselves, 'Man, remember when we flew out to IL so dad could buy his truck?', so save some money? ...
Sounds like a terrific plan! If I were to go to Laura's, my first choice would be having my wife drive me. It's about 300 miles from home. While we're in STL we could visit the museums, maybe the Busch brewery, see the surrounding area, etc, then return home. If she's not interested, I'll just fly up, have Laura's staff meet me, spend a night or two in the STL area, then return home. The time in the STL area would be mainly to be sure nothing on the truck dies before I start my trip south (!), and to give me a chance to see the area around STL; pretty country around there outside the city.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Thanks, very good feedback on your buying experience.

I agree with you on the prices there - look very good, especially comparing to the best prices I've seen locally and on TrueCar.com.

I don't like the idea of doing test drives, etc locally then buying elsewhere....but I will be giving the local dealer the price I'm willing to pay him for me NOT to go to Laura. I don't know if he will match it plus the extra costs (above posts) I'd have by flying to STL. But, I will be making the offer to the local dealer before sending Laura a $2000 deposit.
Sounds like a plan.

Good luck!
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Door View Post
The techs don't know or care, but the Service Advisors most certainly do. The advisors at the two dealerships that did not fix my defective tires problem asked, as well as the selling dealer who I eventually took it back to, and who fixed it without any fuss (what a coincidence!).
find another dealer plenty of them around. even take a chevy to gmc or vice versa
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Sounds like a terrific plan! If I were to go to Laura's, my first choice would be having my wife drive me. It's about 300 miles from home. While we're in STL we could visit the museums, maybe the Busch brewery, see the surrounding area, etc, then return home. If she's not interested, I'll just fly up, have Laura's staff meet me, spend a night or two in the STL area, then return home. The time in the STL area would be mainly to be sure nothing on the truck dies before I start my trip south (!), and to give me a chance to see the area around STL; pretty country around there outside the city.
Thanks!

You are lucky in that you are only 300 miles away, not 1,179 miles away.

I'm lucky in that my wife had even suggested that all of us, my wife and two kids, 5 and 7 yo could all fly out there and make a road-trip out of it so it was nice that she was on board as she and the kids like getting away and staying at hotels and eating out.

Saving thousands is a lot of money.
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
find another dealer plenty of them around. even take a chevy to gmc or vice versa
What color is your truck - looks great in the avatar! Cyber-Gray? One thing Toyota does is have more variety in exterior color; seems like most GMs I see are black or white.....rarely a red or blue one. But I like your GMC.
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDmax View Post
Thanks!

Saving thousands is a lot of money.
Dang Right!
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
I suggest you read up on who warranties tires. You might start by actually reading some of my posts, and the one I have linked to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode