3Likes
  • 1 Post By Toughsox
  • 1 Post By Arctic Cat ZRT
  • 1 Post By Gilly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Where do you get the production info?

Now that my order is accepted (but not really placed? It's confusing); where do you guys get that info on the status of your order? I see different codes thrown around like 7700, I think, and others. TPW? I don't know what it all is, but if someone can give me a place to get started I'd appreciate it. My order is placed or accepted, but then he says they actually go "in" on Thursdays, so a little confused on that, I ordered this past Friday, with the knowledge it wouldn't actually be acted on by GM until next Thursday.
He did give me a printout with the order number, just a bunch of letters.

2017 Crew Cab Long Box Z71 V6 4WD Brownstone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 07:41 PM

Been awhile since I had that link, but its somewhere on the Chevy website. Gimme a few to find it.

And might I add Gilly, it's about damn time =)
Gilly likes this.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Now that my order is accepted (but not really placed? It's confusing); where do you guys get that info on the status of your order? I see different codes thrown around like 7700, I think, and others. TPW? I don't know what it all is, but if someone can give me a place to get started I'd appreciate it. My order is placed or accepted, but then he says they actually go "in" on Thursdays, so a little confused on that, I ordered this past Friday, with the knowledge it wouldn't actually be acted on by GM until next Thursday.
Here you go, have to talk to someone every time.

https://prechat.chevrolet.com/precha...annelID=a9dk6f

EDIT: this is for if you ordered a chevy...
Toughsox likes this.

2015 Colorado Red Rock Metallic CC Long Bed Z71 4x4
-Mods So Far: Rally Armor UR Plus Flaps, Yellow Tinted Fog Lights, Access Vanish Cover, Linex, EGR Matte Black Wind Deflectors, P3 Brake Controller, MBRP Stainless Steel Cat-Back, Anzo LED Tail-lights, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB w/3' Firestik, Falken ATw3 Wildpeak 265/65R17 tires

Self Diagnosed RC Car/Truck Addict

Site Rules

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:04 PM

Thats right, I forgot, had to chat with them every time.

Here are the codes though - General Motors Production Codes - LIST

Expect 8-10 weeks, ballpark.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post

Yes, orders will get applied into the GM order system on Thursdays. He should have an order number for you now or by then.
The order number will look something like. . . VGBED2

You can use the Chevrolet chat like someone provided, but they are slow and not always accurate . .. especially once the vehicle is built and waiting to be shipped.

If you want a faster response But- - please don't ruin a good thing and ask more than once a week, go register at Camaro6 forum and Ask "Becky" for an update. You will need your order #

All 6th Gen Camaro Order Status Requests & List of Status Codes - Page 2600 - CAMARO6

I would say if you are not ordering a diesel, things have sped up lately and running 7 to 8 weeks form the DAY it is accpeted by GM order system . . . Status code 3000.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 02-19-2017 at 08:32 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
And might I add Gilly, it's about damn time =)
What do you mean, my 2005 is just barely past it's prime! I'm feeling a little guilty actually.....
I've mentioned it elsewhere, but ordered Z71 Crew Long Box, 4wd, V6, Brownstone, only option is trailering equipment.
Mods, I have some already purchased. 1.25" Tuff Country level (not RC, TC), found a deal on a new Brownstone grill, so I have that too, DD switchbacks for the front, and I found something I like for the receiver (my wife wanted something in it because my 2005 is pretty crappy looking), it is a Smittybilt Beaver Step. Yes I know it has cornersteps.
Planned mods, I am getting a LineX spray in done before delivery and will tint the windows on the front doors.

Thanks for all the help, I have been at the Chevy chat page so I know what to do now, thanks again.
Toughsox likes this.

2017 Crew Cab Long Box Z71 V6 4WD Brownstone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode