Dealership question, rebate screw up - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Dealership question, rebate screw up

I got a call from my dealership. They said my rebate got screwed up and I'm owed $300. Great right? However, I need to sign some form to get it. Not sure what it is yet? Unfortunately I'm really skeptical of this dealership just because of the way things were handled when I bought the truck (long story, misleading info, dishonest etc). I was just curious if GM backdated any rebates from 2016 that I should know about (I bought the truck in Nov), or if there is potentially a larger rebate left on the table in case I sign some form saying I am no longer eligible for future rebates etc? Thanks.

2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6L V6 4WD Crew Cab Short Box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:53 PM

I would call GM Customer service 1-800 # to ask that question. They're obviously better suited to answer any questions like that, ESPECIALLY when it comes to your hard earned $$$

OFFICIAL Z71 PILOT
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 03:32 PM

Read the fine print and take the $300...I can't see how GM would or could preclude you from future rebates.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

TY guys.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummel View Post
I got a call from my dealership. They said my rebate got screwed up and I'm owed $300. Great right? However, I need to sign some form to get it. Not sure what it is yet? Unfortunately I'm really skeptical of this dealership just because of the way things were handled when I bought the truck (long story, misleading info, dishonest etc). I was just curious if GM backdated any rebates from 2016 that I should know about (I bought the truck in Nov), or if there is potentially a larger rebate left on the table in case I sign some form saying I am no longer eligible for future rebates etc? Thanks.

Years ago I expected $1000 higher rebate than dealer gave me at delivery. Asked about it and salesman said he would check with manager and came back and said I was not eligible for the $1000 due to zone we were in. Next day I called GM customer service, they asked for my VIN and then told me the rebate I was eligible for, $1000 more than dealer gave me. I asked if they could fax me something to show dealer (I said it was a long time ago, i.e. Before email) they said all dealer had to do was put VIN into their order system and it would tell them the rebate. I called dealer and even before I finished telling them what to do they said they would put a check in the mail to me. Never bought a new car or truck from them again.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

So I picked up the rebate check, nothing really fishy. Form seemed legit. I did however call GM to make sure the full rebate amount is correct but customer service said they do not have that info and I need to talk to my dealer.

Is there anyway to confirm what the actual rebate amount should be? TY.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode