ZR2 Order Thread - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 585Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 08:29 AM

Congrats on the orders. Has the dealer given and ETA on delivery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 05:25 PM

I placed my order on Thursday for the ZR 2 and have a Order #, Dealer has all options and information it was the same as the online ordering code, no pricing but I trusts my dealer, I have done business with them in the past. His ordering form shows only ZR 2 Colorado's can be ordered this week, no other Colorado's will be accepted. The ordering information also states that tentative production will be from April 3 thru April 7. He has been selling Chevrolet for 30 plus years and he feels that they are taking orders and will do a single ZR 2 production run all at once and then allocations may be hard to get for awhile. I had 2 other dealers contact me on Thursday and state they had allocations for the ZR 2 one in Washington state and the other in California. If you want this rig you might want to gamble on ordering if not hard to say what allocations will be available in the future.
Tim Larsen and Kenro63 like this.
post #23 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
Of course, my 820 credit score is helpful in negotiations.
Good credit & credit scores are extremely helpful. Driving home one night, I threw a rod in my car. Knowing I was keeping the car, I still needed something to drive around for a month or so while I found the time to rebuild the engine.

Knowing at the time that Hyundais were cheap as hell, I got a cab ride to a fairly local dealership. I picked out a station wagon, 5 speed then walked into the showroom. Spoke to the salesman for less than 5 minutes about pricing, then I handed him my credit card. He looked at me like I had 2 heads, took my financial info and came back with the paperwork for me to sign.

I actually held on to that wagon for 5 years because it was actually fun as heck to drive, and then bought my 1st Colorado back in 2005....and haven't looked back.

Anyways, sorry to have de-railed the topic here and CAN'T WAIT to see the 1st ZRs here on the forums.
RatRacer likes this.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door

post #24 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurchskii View Post
I placed my order on Thursday for the ZR 2 and have a Order #, Dealer has all options and information it was the same as the online ordering code, no pricing but I trusts my dealer, I have done business with them in the past. His ordering form shows only ZR 2 Colorado's can be ordered this week, no other Colorado's will be accepted. The ordering information also states that tentative production will be from April 3 thru April 7. He has been selling Chevrolet for 30 plus years and he feels that they are taking orders and will do a single ZR 2 production run all at once and then allocations may be hard to get for awhile. I had 2 other dealers contact me on Thursday and state they had allocations for the ZR 2 one in Washington state and the other in California. If you want this rig you might want to gamble on ordering if not hard to say what allocations will be available in the future.
Congrats on the order! What color/options?
post #25 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 08:02 AM

Deepwood green Metallic, Navigation / with 7 speaker Boise, Spare Tire Carrier, Premium Interior Package, and Black Illuminated Front Bow-tie, and Block Heater
Johng724 likes this.
post #26 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:50 PM

Here is a nice video on the ZR2

Note that the GM offical notes that if you want a ZR2 it will not be hard to get and if you will be able to get one at the 1:50 mark. This is from the marketing director.

http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1611-...-official-bow/

So do not let dealers work you over on preliminary locations. Yes at first it will be limited but they soon will fill out supplies and by late summer they will be found on lots.

Keep this in mind if a dealer is pressing you oh this is the only one. While it may be for the first couple months it will not be in the coming future. They expect this truck to account for around 5% of sales and that based on last years numbers is around 7,000 units per year. Demand will determine the number built. Price if anything while great will limit sales as many people do not want to go that high.

Also I found a written interview on the truck with one of the lead engineers telling about how they pulled in several former Hummer engineers to work on this truck. They set the H3 numbers as the bench mark and they met them He said the truck is able to do the 60% grade just as the Hummer did.

Chevy Engineer Talks 2017 Colorado ZR2 | GM Authority

This second video is Autoline with the head engineer of the Colorado program. She covers info we know and some you may not know. It is a bit stiff but has some nuggets of info. No GMC version is panned. No manual and when asked about a Blazer version the response was interesting. Not so much for what she said but what she did not say. When she was asked things she would say no but in this case she said that would be interesting.

Anyway keep in mind this truck is marketed like a Z71 where they will build what ever the market will buy. Limitations are only for the early months while productions is ramping up. Keep in mind they still have to make other models too.

Last edited by hyperv6; 03-12-2017 at 12:53 PM.
post #27 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 07:19 PM

Dealer Order: Black, Black Bowtie Emblem Package, Bose Audio, Cargo Area Lamps, Cat-Back Performance Exhaust Upgrade

Aftermarket Upgrades On Order: Anzo Black Switchback Headlights, Morimoto 2Stroke LED Bulbs, Weathertech Floor Liners, Revolver X2 Hard Rolling Tonneau Cover, DeeZee Rubber Bed Mat
Grey16Ziti likes this.
post #28 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukejbishop View Post
Dealer Order: Black, Black Bowtie Emblem Package, Bose Audio, Cargo Area Lamps, Cat-Back Performance Exhaust Upgrade

Aftermarket Upgrades On Order: Anzo Black Switchback Headlights, Morimoto 2Stroke LED Bulbs, Weathertech Floor Liners, Revolver X2 Hard Rolling Tonneau Cover, DeeZee Rubber Bed Mat
Sounds like a sweet setup! Did you see the Illuminated black bow tie option? I originally ordered black bow tie, until I found out about the illuminated one. I adjusted my order. Here is a video:

https://youtu.be/YN1IfkVdnEA
post #29 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:29 PM

The wait begins. :) gotta get my old rig sold too.
post #30 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post

This is a very strategic game and if you get in a emotionally hurry you will pay for it.

The people who get in a hurry make it worse for everyone else as we have to do more work to get the better deals.

These are actually two of the most important points when negotiating the purchase of a big ticket item. Sales people are trained to prey on you and your emotions, and after they have had success in doing so with customers, they use that success to try to rush others into making a bad deal.

I am constantly amazed at the number of people in the DFW area who have been told the housing market is so tight that they will make offers on a house, before the real estate sign is even planted out front of the house, for more than the asking price, sometimes sight unseen.

If I walk into a deal and someone starts trying to convince me I need to make an offer greater than the asking price or MSRP because there are already offers on the table, my comment is that the other buyers obviously needs this item (house, car, etc.) more than I do and I would never want to deny them that item.

Of course, my 820 credit score is helpful in negotiations.
Credit scores do help... My score is well over 800 as well and when the dealer gave us his lowest rate...We told him he could do better. He left and 10 minutes later and came back a full 1.5 percent lower by going through another lender...Which happened to be our own bank!
post #31 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 06:59 PM
JW

Garage
What has anyone heard any information about "tow-haul" transmission feature on a ZR2? Looking at interior shots, I assume "Tow-Haul" on a gasoline ZR2 will be the exhaust brake button?
post #32 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 07:11 PM

I would like to pass along some info I have uncovered.

First off most dealers are getting one ZR2 to sell on the initial builds. This way GM can make sure every dealer who wants one will get one to sell at the start. After the initial build they will open it up to the dealers to order what ever they like and to customer to what ever they want to order. Think June or July.

As for what you can order now only the Crew Cab is available till they do the initial build out for the dealers. The crew short bed is the most popular model and the most likely to sell so GM is only offer it at the very start and will move to the Extended cab long bed next.

I went to order tonight and my dealer was able to dig around and find this info from GM and how the first ones will be built. They will contact me when the Extended Cabs go on line and I will order then. I really want the long bed and don't need the back seat so much.

Also by then more dealers will not be gouging as some are now as I had one offer MSRP only and another that was limited to what they would come down. Some prices I have seen are not really great.

So if anyone has a Extended cab ordered you may get a call Thursday that they may not have it available yet.

My gut is telling me they will build the 2017 as a Crew and then add the Extended cab in late June and July as a 2018 model. Essentially the ZR2 is a 2018 as they are getting the wireless charging and none of the older trucks have. look for that to be standard on several packages next year.

GM has a habit of this as when the Fiero came out they were all Red and White and SE models. This was to get the cars out to the dealers and the color was to make it look like they were everywhere as the colors stood out. It was all Marketing.

Now I wait.

Oh beware as some changes could happen on order day. You never know what may not be on the first models or what limits they may have. It is always subject to change.

Who knows Red Hot the color I really wanted may be on for 2018.

Last edited by hyperv6; 03-13-2017 at 07:14 PM.
post #33 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Larsen View Post
Sounds like a sweet setup! Did you see the Illuminated black bow tie option? I originally ordered black bow tie, until I found out about the illuminated one. I adjusted my order. Here is a video:

https://youtu.be/YN1IfkVdnEA
Cool video! I've been going back and forth on the illuminated bow tie option, maybe I'll end up going for it...
post #34 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 08:01 PM

Here's what my dealer sent me. It's preliminary but this is a crew cab with the duramax and a few extras.

IMG_3024.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #35 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 08:14 PM
KMW

So that's a MSRP of $48,450, with Bose being the only added option?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
post #36 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
So that's a MSRP of $48,450, with Bose being the only added option?

Correct. With that configuration, plus the bose, and the destination charge.

Kenro63 likes this.
post #37 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 08:17 PM
KMW

Did they give you a sale price, or are they sticking to MSRP?

post #38 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
Did they give you a sale price, or are they sticking to MSRP?

Initially he promised he would give me the invoice price but we'll see how things change as the actual order gets placed. I'm interested to hear what people think of this price.

post #39 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 08:21 PM
KMW

That sounds about right I expected, based off the released base price, which was for an extended cab.

post #40 of 1176 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharv2221 View Post
Here's what my dealer sent me. It's preliminary but this is a crew cab with the duramax and a few extras.

Attachment 219065

This seems really close. I think they are high for the diesel option and not sure why additional price for trans. Everything I have seen shows a 3700 price tag for diesel and no cost for trans. I was expecting a 45-47K MSRP for a Crew Cab. I am guessing "invoice" to be around 46.5K for your specs.

Last edited by BamCam; 03-15-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode