ZR2 Order Thread - Page 22 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 601Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #421 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renthal View Post
6 MPG loss highway over the standard Colorado 3.6L? That seems excessive! If that mileage is correct, It matches the 2017 Silverado 6.2L ....WTF?
Sounds about right. With a 2" leveling kit and P265/70/17 Duratrac's I am averaging 17-18.5mpg per tank. 19-20mpg if I do mostly freeway on long trips. I was averaging 19.3mpg for the first 20k with 2" lift and stock tires.... Start tuning the truck for offroad capability and screw up the aerodynamics with that ZR2 front end and the listed fuel economy sounds right.
Esoxchaser likes this.

2016 Canyon SLE CC LB All-Terrain 3.6L - RC 2" Kit | Goodyear Duratrac P265/70/17
2013 Chevy Volt

Instagram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Starting to ship out:

I hope it's just me, but it seems like the ZR2's have even more rake than the Z71 4x4's. I had noticed it on the preproduction trucks, but dismissed it, thinking the production version would be more level. A leveling kit might now be the first item on my mod list, besides the underseat plug-and-play subwoofer.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends." - REK
"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." - PG
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - MT
"All bleeding stops eventually." - ZR2 EMT
"Stay safe! Everyone goes home." - UNK

2017 Red Hot ZR2 V6 CC SWB - TPW 5/15 - Event Code 6000 - 6-6-17
post #423 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR2 EMT View Post
I hope it's just me, but it seems like the ZR2's have even more rake than the Z71 4x4's. I had noticed it on the preproduction trucks, but dismissed it, thinking the production version would be more level. A leveling kit might now be the first item on my mod list, besides the underseat plug-and-play subwoofer.

I was thinking the same thing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #424 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:06 AM

Just a hunch, but the tie-down straps might be pulling the front down a bit.
post #425 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfmisso View Post
Mine too :)

White, extended cab, diesel.

Just got a TPW 6/5 I was hoping for sooner then that but what can you do

mhoyt likes this.
post #426 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
Nope, still the same. They did tell me my order was delayed because I changed the order a week after it was placed. Only thing changed was the color because Red became available. Can't see why that would delay anything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just got a TPW 6/5 hoping for sooner then that. Mine went out the morning of 3/16 from a very large dealer. Might be the largest in the country. It definitely was for years because it was noted as such in their advertising. Thought that would help

post #427 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 11:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenro63 View Post
Just got a TPW 6/5 hoping for sooner then that. Mine went out the morning of 3/16 from a very large dealer. Might be the largest in the country. It definitely was for years because it was noted as such in their advertising. Thought that would help

Hmm, this has me a little worried about my order. I ordered through my dealership 7 April, and just found out yesterday that it was accepted, but no TPW. Hopefully, the process will move a little more quickly... My salesman is very optimistic, but we're supposed to be moving at the tail end of June

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Kenro63 likes this.
post #428 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 12:35 PM

Those are some seriously bad ass trucks guys. Congrats on y'alls new purchases, I can't wait till they start hitting the ground and we start getting some great photos of these doing what they were designed to do.
Kenro63 likes this.
post #429 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:32 PM
KMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenro63 View Post

Me too! Order was made 3/16, also at a very large dealer. The largest in the NW. Just got TPW of 6/5 today.

Kenro63 likes this.
post #430 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
Me too! Order was made 3/16, also at a very large dealer. The largest in the NW. Just got TPW of 6/5 today.

At least we got one ..,....I feel a kinship with ya bro. I have wanted this damn truck for so long another month or so doesn't matter especially when you know there are others out there I the same boat. Somebody has got to get the first ones out ........it just isn't going to be us. I am curious if it's the diesel that's the cause and if so I'll gladly wait the extra time

post #431 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 03:13 PM
KMW

Same here. I'm betting my dealer is right, the diesels are delayed. I figure it just means I'll habe more money for the down, and less financed!

Xtreme Thunder and Kenro63 like this.
post #432 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 03:34 PM

Not sure if you guys know or not but I was in the group that ordered the first duramax canyon/Colorados and have had the truck since feb of 2016. All was well till I had problem after problem with the A/C and the dash had to be rebuilt several times, after the truck was in the shop for around 60 days total I contacted GM to request an extended warranty or If we could trade the truck and I was informed that the best they could give me was a $250 gift card. I told them that I was going to peruse lemon law on the truck and they told me that I don't qualify for that, after reading georgia lemon law it clearly states that if your vehicle has been in the shop for more that 30 day the you qualify. I hired a lawyer and here we are months later and GM is finally buying my truck back for the full amount and paying for my toolbox and subwoofer installed also my lawyer fees, I hope no one has as bad of an experience as I did but after considering going with other trucks I decided on a Zr2 and just got a TPW of 06-05-17! Just letting you guys know my story haha

Kenro63 likes this.
post #433 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 05:53 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to nfmisso
I also just got a 6/5 TPW. :) Still at Event Code 3000.
post #434 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 06:00 PM

I got an email update today, though it still says the same thing as it did last week. It says :
*" Hello! I am contacting you for an order status update on your 2017 Chevrolet Colorado. At this time, the Targeted Production Week (TPW) is still set as 4/17/2017. This means the vehicle order has been picked up by GM and is waiting to move towards production at the plant. This process can take time, so the TPW is subject to change based on plant schedule. We are unable to provide any other estimates or ETAs at this time. I will email you again next week with another update!"
Kenro63 likes this.

Last edited by highaltitude; 04-23-2017 at 10:40 AM.
post #435 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 06:06 PM

In the same boat, TPW 6/5 and event code 3000 BUT I have a extended cab/gas so I wonder if these are temp dates.

Also leveling kit is a first mod for me. I want bigger then 31s if its possible. If normal colorado's can fit 32s after a leveling kit and rub slightly on the swaybar, ZR2's with an already 3inch wider stance and 2 inch lift should have no problems I'm hoping... just wondering if the control arms will be happy with that.
Kenro63 likes this.
post #436 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 01:06 PM

ZR2 Order Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileywindham View Post
Not sure if you guys know or not but I was in the group that ordered the first duramax canyon/Colorados and have had the truck since feb of 2016. All was well till I had problem after problem with the A/C and the dash had to be rebuilt several times, after the truck was in the shop for around 60 days total I contacted GM to request an extended warranty or If we could trade the truck and I was informed that the best they could give me was a $250 gift card. I told them that I was going to peruse lemon law on the truck and they told me that I don't qualify for that, after reading georgia lemon law it clearly states that if your vehicle has been in the shop for more that 30 day the you qualify. I hired a lawyer and here we are months later and GM is finally buying my truck back for the full amount and paying for my toolbox and subwoofer installed also my lawyer fees, I hope no one has as bad of an experience as I did but after considering going with other trucks I decided on a Zr2 and just got a TPW of 06-05-17! Just letting you guys know my story haha

Every once in awhile there's a lemon. Hope you don't get another but I don't blame you for forgetting about one bad apple and not letting it spoil your decision about getting a ZR2

post #437 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 04:26 PM

Garage
I bought a brand new 2001 Blazer ZR2 and kept it for almost 10 years. As much as I loved the look of the vehicle, it was a build quality and maint nightmare. New ball joints at 35,000 miles, steering wheel pump failure, several electrical system issues, shimmys and shakes as things loosened up... I swore I'd never own another Chevy truck as a result.

Now, 6 years later, I just ordered a new Colorado. I think (hope?) they are built better than they were 15 years ago. I was back and forth on the ZR2 vs Z71, and chose the Z71 diesel. This ZR2 just doesn't 'pop' like the old ZR2's did. Tough call, though.

Looking forward to seeing these things on the road, even if I'm not driving one.
post #438 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleBarrelSammich View Post
Also leveling kit is a first mod for me. I want bigger then 31s if its possible. If normal colorado's can fit 32s after a leveling kit and rub slightly on the swaybar, ZR2's with an already 3inch wider stance and 2 inch lift should have no problems I'm hoping... just wondering if the control arms will be happy with that.
Same here, that and the OEM under-the-seat plug and play subwoofer. I'm thinking the Zone Offroad 1.25 inch (C1121) leveling kit will take of it, unless the rake is greater than that of the Z71. I might contact them to see if the kit is compatible with the ZR2.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends." - REK
"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." - PG
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - MT
"All bleeding stops eventually." - ZR2 EMT
"Stay safe! Everyone goes home." - UNK

2017 Red Hot ZR2 V6 CC SWB - TPW 5/15 - Event Code 6000 - 6-6-17
post #439 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 09:57 PM
KMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR2 EMT View Post
Same here, that and the OEM under-the-seat plug and play subwoofer. I'm thinking the Zone Offroad 1.25 inch (C1121) leveling kit will take of it, unless the rake is greater than that of the Z71. I might contact them to see if the kit is compatible with the ZR2.
I would bet they'll say they don't know, seeing as how the control arms and coilovers are different, and they haven't had a chance to look at one yet.

goleee33 and RatRacer like this.
post #440 of 1203 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:12 PM

ZR2 Order Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleBarrelSammich View Post
In the same boat, TPW 6/5 and event code 3000 BUT I have a extended cab/gas so I wonder if these are temp dates.

At this point I'm just hoping for any of us to get one. As a group I think we all have been waiting way too long. I knew I wanted one the second I saw it on his computer at Thanksgiving dinner 2014. My 98 Z is still running and my brother uses it on weekends for odd jobs and it's still his go to vehicle in bad weather.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode