ZR2 Order Thread - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Cool ZR2 Order Thread

OK I pulled the trigger. I ordered a ZR2. V6, Summit White. Nav/Bose, Prem Interior package. Gear On Cross bars, Factory Cat Back. Tonnau. cover, Illuminated Black Bowtie. Will post order status and pics here as progress happens. If anyone else ordered theirs, feel free to post here.
Toughsox, JBT, bcuzucant and 5 others like this.

Last edited by Tim Larsen; 03-10-2017 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Updated details
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 11:25 PM

A dealer I spoke to has ordered one like I want but they have no pricing and we have yet to make a deal.

They are playing a psychological game but it is still going to come down to price.

The salesman here was just trying to get me emotional and the truth is GM will be building more ZR2 trucks every day.

The ball is in their court and they need to offer me a good deal.

To be honest the game kind of puts me off.

Why do sales people have to be this way.

I will get a truck from someone and price will determine who it is. I have many dealers in the area.
post #3 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 12:53 AM

My dealer also called me today saying he could order but didn't have a price quote for me. Even though I want to order this truck as soon as possible, I simply can't put a deposit down if I don't have in writing exactly what I will be paying. Is it really possible that they don't have pricing info from GM?

My plan is for crew cab, Bose, no nav, carpet delete, black badges, keyless entry pad, and deepwood green.

What is the premium interior package? That wasn't offered to me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Kenro63 likes this.

Last edited by vulf; 03-10-2017 at 12:55 AM.

post #4 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

Smile Premium Interior

Here you go:

Here is the order guide:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rb1yov5nt...ering.pdf?dl=0
Johng724 likes this.
post #5 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Msrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulf View Post
My dealer also called me today saying he could order but didn't have a price quote for me. Even though I want to order this truck as soon as possible, I simply can't put a deposit down if I don't have in writing exactly what I will be paying. Is it really possible that they don't have pricing info from GM?

My plan is for crew cab, Bose, no nav, carpet delete, black badges, keyless entry pad, and deepwood green.

What is the premium interior package? That wasn't offered to me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
About 41K Base, and add options:

Chevrolet Announces 2017 Colorado ZR2 Pricing Starting at $40,995

Are you a serious off road-er? Wondering why you are taking the rubber floors. I'm a total poser haha...
Kenro63 likes this.
post #6 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post
A dealer I spoke to has ordered one like I want but they have no pricing and we have yet to make a deal.

They are playing a psychological game but it is still going to come down to price.

The salesman here was just trying to get me emotional and the truth is GM will be building more ZR2 trucks every day.

The ball is in their court and they need to offer me a good deal.

To be honest the game kind of puts me off.

Why do sales people have to be this way.

I will get a truck from someone and price will determine who it is. I have many dealers in the area.

Salesmen can come off as douchebags. They aren't all that, but even those that aren't can appear so, as we have a pre-conception about them. New models (packages in this case) are harder to get below MSRP. I know this from the Corvette world. Freshest and newest sell for the most, after a few years you see DEEP discounts. You can get a brand new Z06 for 15-20% off now, when new, people were paying MSRP, or MSRP+. If you don't like the price, you can wait a while, and hope the market gets saturated, leading to prices coming down. I think there will be a pretty strong demand for the ZR2 for a while. I'm willing to pay a little more now, as I'm ready for my beach cruiser now.
CaryBosse likes this.

Last edited by Tim Larsen; 03-10-2017 at 04:12 AM. Reason: typo
post #7 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Larsen View Post
Salesmen can come off as douchebags. They aren't all that, but even those that aren't can appear so, as we have a pre-conception about them. New models (packages in this case) are harder to get below MSRP. I know this from the Corvette world. Freshest and newest sell for the most, after a few years you see DEEP discounts. You can get a brand new Z06 for 15-20% off now, when new, people were paying MSRP, or MSRP+. If you don't like the price, you can wait a while, and hope the market gets saturated, leading to prices coming down. I think there will be a pretty strong demand for the ZR2 for a while. I'm willing to pay a little more now, as I'm ready for my beach cruiser now.
Well this is not a Z06.

I know how the game goes over there but this truck is going to be much like the special edition models. While they will sell Chevy has clearly stated they only expect them to be for about 5% of all sales.

Like the Midnight edition they will be on the lots waiting for buyers by August.

Even to many here the price is pretty high for this truck and many will not pay it. A good dealer will make a deal no matter what and I will find that dealer.

Like I said they make more of them everyday.

The 2018 order may be taken around the end of May anyways.

Life it too short to get into a hurry and pay too much. The truth is a a volume dealer can give you 8%-10% off sticker and still make a good profit.
BamCam likes this.
post #8 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Let me know who's gonna give that big of a discount on one please?
durtymax denali likes this.
post #9 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 08:19 AM

Just posted this response in other ZR2 order thread...

"I am doing this right now. Around me true car is showing maybe 3% off for a Colorado, some of the 44K+ MSRP trucks are in the 5-6% off. I am currently working 5-6 dealers for the best price. All of them know I am looking for 8% plus incentives at time of delivery. I do not need to buy this truck, it is really just a toy/back-up vehicle for the family. I have two that are the larger truck sellers in my area and they have agreed to invoice pricing and maybe better. All their trucks listed are listed at invoice or better. I have also had two dealers tell me that they are ordering a ZR2 and it will be sold at "market" price. This tells me these are dealers that will be marking the truck up for the first few they receive. I told both, if that's the case I am not your buyer. With all this being said I along with the 5-6 dealers are waiting until next week for pricing & complete info release to finalize the negotiations. hyperv6 advice is spot on and everyone needs to remember, just because you and the dealer "agree" on price at day of order until that truck shows up at the dealer you or they can change the terms. Good luck everyone and cannot wait to see the photos!"

A good price can be had. My theory is that the dealer did not "sell" me this truck, I knew this was what I wanted from the prototype reveal (3 years...apparently I am more patient than I thought). The only thing they are doing for me is providing the service of ordering the truck. The only thing they are incurring is the lost allocation for 1 Colorado order. If they are so set on making a huge profit that is fine and I do not fault them for that because every business needs to make a profit but I am not their buyer. Just my 2 cents...
CaryBosse likes this.
post #10 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Let me know who's gonna give that big of a discount on one please?

I will talk to them next week when pricing is out. As of now they do not have their cost on the options or the package yet. They are basing pricing on what they anticipate and that is why they are not giving much.

If you shop around dealers can be competitive and you may not buy it this week. It may take a couple weeks as they will call you if and when they need the sale.

This is a very strategic game and if you get in a emotionally hurry you will pay for it.

The people who get in a hurry make it worse for everyone else as we have to do more work to get the better deals.

If someone wants to pay more that is fine but I seldom pay anything close to sticker and I have bough many a new car and truck. There are no incentives here but there is still enough room to work.

Now they may not come off 10% but remember they are making good money even at that point. So there is room to work and no reason to over pay.
CaryBosse likes this.
post #11 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post

This is a very strategic game and if you get in a emotionally hurry you will pay for it.

The people who get in a hurry make it worse for everyone else as we have to do more work to get the better deals.

These are actually two of the most important points when negotiating the purchase of a big ticket item. Sales people are trained to prey on you and your emotions, and after they have had success in doing so with customers, they use that success to try to rush others into making a bad deal.

I am constantly amazed at the number of people in the DFW area who have been told the housing market is so tight that they will make offers on a house, before the real estate sign is even planted out front of the house, for more than the asking price, sometimes sight unseen.

If I walk into a deal and someone starts trying to convince me I need to make an offer greater than the asking price or MSRP because there are already offers on the table, my comment is that the other buyers obviously needs this item (house, car, etc.) more than I do and I would never want to deny them that item.

Of course, my 820 credit score is helpful in negotiations.
BamCam likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #12 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
These are actually two of the most important points when negotiating the purchase of a big ticket item. Sales people are trained to prey on you and your emotions, and after they have had success in doing so with customers, they use that success to try to rush others into making a bad deal.

I am constantly amazed at the number of people in the DFW area who have been told the housing market is so tight that they will make offers on a house, before the real estate sign is even planted out front of the house, for more than the asking price, sometimes sight unseen.

If I walk into a deal and someone starts trying to convince me I need to make an offer greater than the asking price or MSRP because there are already offers on the table, my comment is that the other buyers obviously needs this item (house, car, etc.) more than I do and I would never want to deny them that item.

Of course, my 820 credit score is helpful in negotiations.
Oh mister fancy pants over here. Just kidding that is awesome and definitely helps!
post #13 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazu87usf View Post
Oh mister fancy pants over here. Just kidding that is awesome and definitely helps!
I find too many people, often younger but age is no indicator, who don't understand how your credit score can open doors for you in many arenas. (Just try to get that job with the CIA with a credit score of 350.)

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #14 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I find too many people, often younger but age is no indicator, who don't understand how your credit score can open doors for you in many arenas. (Just try to get that job with the CIA with a credit score of 350.)
Oh I wholeheartedly agree. I'm trying to get my wifes up.
post #15 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Or as one great man once said..."straight cash homie!"...helps any negotiation.
CaryBosse likes this.
post #16 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCam View Post
When I was 20, I went to buy my first car. Wanted to establish credit, as I had none at the time. Back then, the credit cards weren't handing out credit cards to college students while they registered in line at school. (We used to actually do that, wait in line for classes, not online registration.)

I talked to sales guy about a $500 loan on a $3K car. He said that wasn't enough, I needed to go for a $2K loan to do my credit rating any good. When he went to the back, the credit guy said we can't give this guy a 1 year loan on $2k, he only makes $225 per month working part-time while he goes to school fulltime and the payments would be $197 per month. The sales guy said if we don't, he will just pay cash for the car. Credit guy said, "Have him sign right here on this dotted line."

Yes, cash can be helpful.
Toughsox likes this.

post #17 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCam View Post

Actually many places want you to finance as they get a part of the action from the bank or credit union for the business. It is extra income and it often adds up.

Even at GMAC they were one of the most profitable parts of GM and they encouraged dealers and rewarded them for loans.

This often led to discounts on price to get you to get the loan.
post #18 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 04:53 PM

I ordered. Dealer said $500 over invoice or military discount (if available), whichever is cheaper.

"Brownstone Bumblebee" 2016 Diesel Colorado Z71 CCSB 4X4, Brownstone Metallic
HPD and Provent 200 Catch Cans, Amsoil Fluids, MetalMan Front Differential, Engine Oil Pan, & Steering Motor Skid Plate, Undercover Swing Cases
Say No! to Wheelers's Offroad!

"I respect everyone's opinion, no matter how wrong it may be."
post #19 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Here you go:

Congrats on the order. What is included in the Interior Illumination Package? I would assume footwell lighting? I've been unsuccessful finding any information on it.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends." - REK
"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." - PG
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - MT
"All bleeding stops eventually." - ZR2 EMT
"Stay safe! Everyone goes home." - UNK

2017 Red Hot ZR2 V6 CC SWB - TPW 5/15 - Event Code 4800 (Bayed)
post #20 of 894 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71 EMT View Post
Congrats on the order. What is included in the Interior Illumination Package? I would assume footwell lighting? I've been unsuccessful finding any information on it.
I assume something like that. We will see I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode