When will the 2018's start showing up? - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 04:28 PM

Garage
Don't Wait!

I work in sales at a Chevy/Cadillac dealership. Why wait "until Fall" to go buy one? There are hardly ever any rebates or incentives on the Colorados other than an occasional Conquest or bonus tag. Also, no dealership is going to be desperate to hurry up and get rid of the '17's to "make room for the '18's" so don't sit and wait and count on that because we can hardly get the Colorados now as it is. It's a demand vs. supply kind of thing. I'm in the Northeast Region for GM rebates and incentives and since these new Colorados came out in 2015, there has been very little rebate, incentives, or discount on them at all. Go get you one now while you can before they completely disappear. I know our dealership has only had like maybe 4 Colorados on our lot at one time at the most, the rest of the times it has been onesies and twosies.
GraniteBlue05 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2be View Post
We always use an auto broker to purchase our cars, so I won't be needing to spend time trying to haggle at the best dealer. The broker that we use has purchasing agreements with many of the big dealers in the Denver metro area and can get vehicles at a lower price than I could probably negotiate for (even with their fee added in).

A lot of other benefits too, like they put my used vehicle out to bid to all the dealers in the area to get the highest possible price for it, and they bring any vehicle I'm interested in purchasing to my office so I can take a test drive during my lunch break. We were able to buy my wife's Honda Pilot on the same day it had been traded in to a local dealership, before it ever went up for sale on their website. We were the first and only people to see and test drive that vehicle.

I will never do the whole dealer purchase thing again after enjoying the much easier process of using an auto broker. I plan to have my guy start watching Colorado pricing and incentives around July and will leave it to him to find the truck I want at or below my budget.
Would you share about how much they charge? Is it percentage of purchase price or fixed price?

I've never known anyone who went this route but I could see where it might make sense.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post
What are you waiting for I just went to the local dealer and bought one.

Getting a Denali like I wanted was not hard since about everything on the lot is CC and V6. But colors can be a challenge. I just got lucky the dealer near me had the color I wanted. Also it was marked down more than only one other I have found any where in the country. This was one of the only times I found what I wanted near by. I would rather be lucky than good.

Once you get it you will find it worth the wait. Enjoy!
Hyper V6,
All well and good in some parts of the country but n NE Washington State the next nearest dealer is about 200 miles away. Dealer trade on Canyons is sparse and the only other Denali's were white, diesel and long bed. I ordered a V6 short bed in red quartz...the only option being the engine heater and trailer brake control everything else is included.
After loosing weeks because dealer submitted order wrong I finally have an ETA of 4-25, even shipping up here takes over three weeks. I know it will be worth the wait, I have a 2015 SLT loaded right now and I love the way these trucks drive.

2015 Canyon, SLT, CC, 4x4, Copper Red Metallic, Nav, Bose, Trailer pkg, Safety pkg, Eng heater, steps, Extang tri fold hard cover, flaps.

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibmikey View Post
Hyper V6,
All well and good in some parts of the country but n NE Washington State the next nearest dealer is about 200 miles away. Dealer trade on Canyons is sparse and the only other Denali's were white, diesel and long bed. I ordered a V6 short bed in red quartz...the only option being the engine heater and trailer brake control everything else is included.
After loosing weeks because dealer submitted order wrong I finally have an ETA of 4-25, even shipping up here takes over three weeks. I know it will be worth the wait, I have a 2015 SLT loaded right now and I love the way these trucks drive.
First I was just joking as I just got lucky to find just what I wanted at the nearest dealer. Like that happens every day.....

Second dealer trades are the real go to for me as it is a very common practice with most dealers including remote dealers. Going more than a few hudred miles is common for most dealers. I had one dealer willin to go to Atlanta and StLouis for a trade from Ohio when ordering at the end of the year was not an option. Often if a dealer is not willing to trade they are not doing their job.

The practice started with the imports as this is the only way to get what you want as you can not order much from Japan.

I have always wanted to order but it ends up I have always found just what I wanted and the dealer makes the exchange and I get it in 3 days or less.

I under stand it is not as easy some places and I was just basically joking about my luck.

This was one of the few I did not have to do a dealer trade to get.

By the way you should be very happy with the truck. I am!

Last edited by hyperv6; 04-08-2017 at 08:54 AM.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 07:46 PM

Already have my truck, but this old price watch from Laura just popped up in my inbox. There is a 2K incentive going on, net price is 37.3K on this Canyon SLT long box 4x4 diesel. The only add on to this price is a $169 doc fee. Pay TTL in your home state.

Test Drive this 2017 Quicksilver Metallic GMC Canyon at Laura Buick GMC in Collinsville. Buick & GMC St Louis Dealer. 1GTP6DE13H1195636

That is a deal

'17 Canyon SLT CCLB 4X4 Diesel, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa/Dune interior. Line-x.

Last edited by Duken4evr; 04-08-2017 at 07:48 PM.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeldog View Post
Would you share about how much they charge? Is it percentage of purchase price or fixed price?

I've never known anyone who went this route but I could see where it might make sense.
They charge a % of the purchase price (I don't remember how much off the top of my head), but it's really not a big deal because you don't pay dealer handling fees on the vehicle they provide for you, so I think it probably offsets that. Where the advantage comes is in the buying agreements they have with the local dealerships that I couldn't touch walking in off the street and trying to negotiate. They can also search nationwide for you if you are looking for something special that they can't find in the local marketplace, so it really expands your purchasing power.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 09:54 AM

The mid-size trucks are not on the list yet, but the Online Order/Reference Guide now has a page for 2018 with a few vehicles listed.

Select Vehicle - Online Ordering Guide
Suns_PSD and Johng724 like this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:08 AM

Hyper v6, Don't look for that 2018 soon, My Denali is still sitting in their parking lot waiting for a rail car, seems shipping is backed up for weeks ( mine has sat over two weeks) and no immediate suggestion when mine will move. :(

2015 Canyon, SLT, CC, 4x4, Copper Red Metallic, Nav, Bose, Trailer pkg, Safety pkg, Eng heater, steps, Extang tri fold hard cover, flaps.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Hyper v6, Don't look for that 2018 soon, My Denali is still sitting in their parking lot waiting for a rail car, seems shipping is backed up for weeks ( mine has sat over two weeks) and no immediate suggestion when mine will move. :(
Reminds me of the original release back in 2014, shipping issues kept many of the trucks out of driveways and off the dealer lots.
RatRacer likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:46 AM

2018's will not likely start showing up until August. Possibly some in late July (rare). Pricing should be up online before or about that same time.

"Build Out" of the current model year usually occurs in mid to late June. For several months before that, "Pilot Runs" of the next model year [2018] will occur in various block sizes of 15, 30, to maybe 40 or 50 trucks. These Pilot Runs are not for sale units generally, but are used to check last minute part fitment and verify any new model changes. They may show up as company or engineering vehicles at times.
There is usually a one or two week shut down in early July before 2018s will start production. The length of shut down depends on what is planned for the next model year as well as updating or doing annual maintenance/repairs in various sections of the assembly plant from welding to the paint shop and the assembly line. Also, final job layouts are finalized for each assembly process along the line.
Then, when new model year production commences, it is usually at a slower pace as production issues arise and tweaks need to be made. The first week is usually very slow with only 30% to 50% of production scheduled and at a slower line rate. It all depends how many changes have been made, how extensive they are and what challenges may show up.
Also, new production vehicles would be lot queens for awhile till shipping quantity can build up as well as previous inventory (2017) is finished shipping out to clear the lot for the 2018's.
I would watch the Laura dealership online for new 2018 Canyons as a clue to when they might start to appear. They are a high volume dealer and also not far from Wentzville.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 04-17-2017 at 10:49 AM.
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:

Where you are it may be backed up on your shipping but not everywhere.

The time line I was given was given by GM and follows normal change over they try to set for around the first week of July as the mid point.

May note too that changes will be small for next year by the way things appear to be going so not much will have to change. Look for colors and some options to change and that will be about it. The Denali and ZR2 were hints as some of the changes like the wireless charging.

As for your delay that may be more isolated.
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Like I stated the fleet order site will list all the new info and changes in May.

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/

Here is where the new info shows first. Start watching around the first of May to the 15th.

Don't expect any major changes.
Best I can tell from looking at the 2018 GMC Terrain, this will only tell of any option changes, and possibly engine/trans changes, but not any cosmetic, like a new grill. Am I correct?
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:50 PM

The Terrain is a new model. It has little bearing on the Canyon.

We will not see any engine changes, you may see the Diesel at some point get a 8 speed?

I. Would only expect color changes and some option group changes, ten some special editions mostly color and trim.

Since 2017 was a short year you will little in changes. Also with the ZR2 and Denali coming late Pitts e will change.

GM is doing more to invest in increasing production. Most dealers have few models after two strong months and it is hurting sales with little inventory.
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
The Terrain is a new model. It has little bearing on the Canyon.

We will not see any engine changes, you may see the Diesel at some point get a 8 speed?

I. Would only expect color changes and some option group changes, ten some special editions mostly color and trim.

Since 2017 was a short year you will little in changes. Also with the ZR2 and Denali coming late Pitts e will change.

GM is doing more to invest in increasing production. Most dealers have few models after two strong months and it is hurting sales with little inventory.

Thanks! but that wasn't exactly what I was trying to ask. I know what everyone is expecting in the way of changes, (not much), but what I'm trying to find out is where can I go online and find out exactly what changed, and when.

Looking at the fleetorderguide site, it appears to be an ordering guide/list which will tell me all options, and paint colors, but if they decide to do a small change to the grille's shape, color, or chrome, for example, I don't see how this website would tell you. So I guess I'll just have to wait till pics are out.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Waldrop View Post
Thanks! but that wasn't exactly what I was trying to ask. I know what everyone is expecting in the way of changes, (not much), but what I'm trying to find out is where can I go online and find out exactly what changed, and when.

Looking at the fleetorderguide site, it appears to be an ordering guide/list which will tell me all options, and paint colors, but if they decide to do a small change to the grille's shape, color, or chrome, for example, I don't see how this website would tell you. So I guess I'll just have to wait till pics are out.
There are two portions to the Order Guide. One gives the options that are available to be ordered, or more precisely, what is standard for a trim and what is optional.

The other set of pages tells you what has changed in the order guide each week.

None of this will tell you that the grille is now 1/4" wider, with 21 slats rather than 20 slats.

It also will not tell you that the screws on the air dam or mounted from top down or bottom up.

Patience. All in good time.

post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:

There is no place that can give you all the changes yet. We Should know in May.

But we also know there have been no mules other than the ZR2 and Denali so I do not expect any changes you styling or drive train. At best an 8 speed could find its way you the Diesel once production gets up to full speed.

At best you will see a couple color changes coming and going. You will see a special edition to replace this years models and that is about it.

Look for mules next year that may be a mild refresh for 2019-2020.

The product cycle here is about 5 years and then mild refresh.

The biggest give away is there is no real indication of any major changes. If there were we would be seeing things like last year on the two new models we just got.

The fleet site will tell of the detail and option changes you most likely see.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:

Yes, speculation can run rampant with what will and what will not be available in model changes and options at this time of year.

It should be noted that information on the Fleet Site often does not contain all trim level and options available even once it is published, nor the exact same standard features on a particular trim level. Fleet vehicle trim level/options will be close, but may not be representative of Retail vehicles for sale to show room consumers.
The Fleet site will give a good "ball park" idea of a vehicle with sometimes minor, but also sometimes quite different variation to Retail units.
Some of these differences can be disappointing if not aware.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 04-21-2017 at 06:49 AM.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 05:01 PM

Talking

Well I am still practicing "patience. All in good time" (thanks Cary) the truck is in a rail car somewhere between here and Munchinkin Land. I believe it is expected in the first week of May so whomever is throwing wood in the engine boiler is not throwing very fast, or is this the train that stops to load and off load rail cars at every hamlet rather than speeding directly to my location.
Maybe by the time it arrives I will figure out how to post a photo.

post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 07:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to nfmisso
There have been a couple mentions of an 8 speed with the diesel in 2018 - highly unlikely because the 8L45 used with V6 is not capable of withstanding the torque of the diesel - which would mean the 8L90 as used in the full size van. That would take some doing, I would be surprised to see an 8 speed auto with the diesel in the twins before the Ranger & Bronco come out. At that point, more likely to just jump to the 10 speed.

The 2.8 diesel's torque vibrations are not transmission friendly, as Chrysler found out with the 2005 Liberty CRD. By mid model year, there was a recall, to dial back the torque because it was destroying transmissions - the 5 speed auto transmission that was used without problem behind the 5.7l HEMI.
GraniteBlue05 likes this.
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 07:50 PM

The fleet site should show the changes first in May.

They normally list the dropped options and colors and added options and colors.

Even some items will show dropped but re added with a slight change and new RPO code.

Generally the fleet site will how all he options regular retail and fleet. It is the most complete site.

Again I do not anticipate any physical changes in styling.

The Midnight edition will get a new color and will be called something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode