When will the 2018's start showing up? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

When will the 2018's start showing up?

I'm planning to buy a 2017 Colorado this fall, hoping to take advantage of any end of the year incentives or discounts that GM may offer as they are looking to clear out inventory to make room for the 2018's. Does anyone have a feel for when that transition may occur? Am I looking at November/December before the 2018's start coming, or will they be available earlier than that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 02:05 PM

I would take a month off that. This last year was later release for the NMY but usually ordering starts around Oct/Nov

At this point it would only be speculation, keep an eye out through the summer for any announcements.

2016 Red Rock LT CC SB v6 4x4

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
Front bumper removal How-To
Rear Shock/lift Blocks How-To
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 02:10 PM

They go into production early July and will show up late July early August from what GM informed me.

I do not anticipate much in changes other than colors and a wider availability of the wireless charging option.

Also the Denali and ZR2 will be more widely available as they open up more allocations. Both will be sold as regular production models.
Toughsox likes this.

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 11:11 AM

Talking

Hey forget the. 2018 I am still waiting for delivery of my current Denali order
Johng724 likes this.

2017 Canyon Denali, crew, short bed, V6, 8spd, hard fold tonneau by Extang
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 11:22 AM

If the 2018s go by the same general timeline as when I ordered my 2016, think late July early August you can order it and delivery was late Oct early November.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
If the 2018s go by the same general timeline as when I ordered my 2016, think late July early August you can order it and delivery was late Oct early November.
I'm looking to buy a 2017, not ordering a 2018. I want to take advantage of any incentives/offers that they may have as they try to clear out the 2017 stock before the 2018's show up. For instance, last year they were offering 0% financing on the remaining 2016 models. That's what I'm hoping to find this year.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibmikey View Post
Hey forget the. 2018 I am still waiting for delivery of my current Denali order

What are you waiting for I just went to the local dealer and bought one.

Getting a Denali like I wanted was not hard since about everything on the lot is CC and V6. But colors can be a challenge. I just got lucky the dealer near me had the color I wanted. Also it was marked down more than only one other I have found any where in the country. This was one of the only times I found what I wanted near by. I would rather be lucky than good.

Once you get it you will find it worth the wait. Enjoy!
Toughsox likes this.
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 02:13 PM

Sorry I misread your question but, my timeline pretty much still answers it. Expect the 2018s to start hitting the dealers in mid to late Oct/early November, which is when the 2017s will be considered as leftovers.

Not sure about in your part of the country, but here in north New Jersey, there is no such thing as 'clearing out their inventory' since no dealer has more than 1 in stock at any given time....and its quite common to see a dealer with none for a week at a time. Either they can't keep them in stock or they have a low allotment.

Thus there really is no reason in these parts for much of a dealer-based incentive for the buyers. So any incentives would be strictly from GM which if I recall, happens around late September as 'end of year clearance sales'....and those rebates typically never include the Colorados.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
Sorry I misread your question but, my timeline pretty much still answers it. Expect the 2018s to start hitting the dealers in mid to late Oct/early November, which is when the 2017s will be considered as leftovers.

Not sure about in your part of the country, but here in north New Jersey, there is no such thing as 'clearing out their inventory' since no dealer has more than 1 in stock at any given time....and its quite common to see a dealer with none for a week at a time. Either they can't keep them in stock or they have a low allotment.

Thus there really is no reason in these parts for much of a dealer-based incentive for the buyers. So any incentives would be strictly from GM which if I recall, happens around late September as 'end of year clearance sales'....and those rebates typically never include the Colorados.
We don't have that problem here in Denver. I just did a search for new Colorado's within 20 miles of my office (on cars.com) and it came up with 206 currently for sale on dealer lots. Plenty of inventory in the area, so I'm hoping that translates to some good deals this fall.
Toughsox likes this.
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 10:14 AM

Again the new 2018 will be at dealers in late July and August as the change over is early July.

It will not be late this year like last year in Nov. 2017 was a short production year due to the new engine and transmissions.

They will offer discounts but you have to pick from what is left. Dealers can trade to help. Most of the good stuff will be gone by August unless you are ok with a Extended cab that may not have all the options or a crew long that may not have everything you may want.

Note some areas like mine there are few on dealers lots and they do not last long in the CC SB. Other areas some dealers are loaded up and then a few have over 100 trucks that do high volumes. Just depends where the dealer is.

Discounts tend to be July through Sept. I have taken advantage of this from time to time. This truck was one of the few I bought not in August.

Note the fleet order guide will be up in May with the 2018 trucks. Do not expect much in changed other than a couple colors and more wide spread options like wireless charging.
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2be View Post
We don't have that problem here in Denver. I just did a search for new Colorado's within 20 miles of my office (on cars.com) and it came up with 206 currently for sale on dealer lots. Plenty of inventory in the area, so I'm hoping that translates to some good deals this fall.
I live just south of you in Parker - my experience was the big local dealers would not deal much, so I did a fly and buy at Laura GMC in Collinsville IL. Got a '17 Canyon SLT diesel 4x4 for 36.5K before TTL, which is paid in Colorado. Local dealers were all around 43K for the same truck (MSRP of 44.5K).

Laura has around 135 Canyons on their lot at any given time. Followed their inventory for months, January was a great time to buy leftovers, they had some deals. Was not ready for my truck in Jan though. Definitely check them out. Frontier flies to St. Louis for $45 and they will pick you up.

'17 Canyon SLT CCLB 4X4 Diesel, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa/Dune interior. Line-x.
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 10:41 AM

I'm not concerned with when the 2018s arrive. I'm more interested in finding out what changes there will be on the 2018s. Does anyone have an idea when that might be?
matt2858 likes this.

2016 Canyon SLT Crew Cab Shortbox Duramax Diesel, Summit White/Jet Black.

Engine built 1/12/16
Placed order 2/20/16
Dealer ordered 2/25/16
Target Production Week 4/11/16
Built and shipped 4/12/16
Delivered to dealer 4/22/16
Drove it home 4/27/16
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404 Not Found View Post
I'm not concerned with when the 2018s arrive. I'm more interested in finding out what changes there will be on the 2018s. Does anyone have an idea when that might be?
Figure June, might be May.

I am more concerned with the 2020s. By then, I can compare to Rangers, Jeep, Frontier, and maybe even a Taco. Expect the Ranger and the Twins to be the oly competitors for my $$$.
dano0726 likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller.
post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Like I stated the fleet order site will list all the new info and changes in May.

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/

Here is where the new info shows first. Start watching around the first of May to the 15th.

Don't expect any major changes.
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
i doubt you'll see any changes except minor cosmetic ones like tail lights. interior trim perhaps. maybe even standard LED ... wow!!
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
I live just south of you in Parker - my experience was the big local dealers would not deal much, so I did a fly and buy at Laura GMC in Collinsville IL. Got a '17 Canyon SLT diesel 4x4 for 36.5K before TTL, which is paid in Colorado. Local dealers were all around 43K for the same truck (MSRP of 44.5K).

Laura has around 135 Canyons on their lot at any given time. Followed their inventory for months, January was a great time to buy leftovers, they had some deals. Was not ready for my truck in Jan though. Definitely check them out. Frontier flies to St. Louis for $45 and they will pick you up.
We always use an auto broker to purchase our cars, so I won't be needing to spend time trying to haggle at the best dealer. The broker that we use has purchasing agreements with many of the big dealers in the Denver metro area and can get vehicles at a lower price than I could probably negotiate for (even with their fee added in).

A lot of other benefits too, like they put my used vehicle out to bid to all the dealers in the area to get the highest possible price for it, and they bring any vehicle I'm interested in purchasing to my office so I can take a test drive during my lunch break. We were able to buy my wife's Honda Pilot on the same day it had been traded in to a local dealership, before it ever went up for sale on their website. We were the first and only people to see and test drive that vehicle.

I will never do the whole dealer purchase thing again after enjoying the much easier process of using an auto broker. I plan to have my guy start watching Colorado pricing and incentives around July and will leave it to him to find the truck I want at or below my budget.
Duken4evr likes this.
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltctycanyon View Post
i doubt you'll see any changes except minor cosmetic ones like tail lights. interior trim perhaps. maybe even standard LED ... wow!!

I would be shocked even with that.

The Denali and ZR2 were late models and both I think preview the changes for 2018.

2019-2020 should be a refresh.
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 02:52 PM

I expect to see an 8 speed offered behind the diesel along with a sunroof for MY '18.

That's about it.

Current: 2009 Canyon CC I5. 180K miles. Best vehicle I've ever owned.
ORDERED: 2018 Canyon Denali Diesel 4x4 CCLB
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2be View Post
We always use an auto broker to purchase our cars, so I won't be needing to spend time trying to haggle at the best dealer. The broker that we use has purchasing agreements with many of the big dealers in the Denver metro area and can get vehicles at a lower price than I could probably negotiate for (even with their fee added in).

A lot of other benefits too, like they put my used vehicle out to bid to all the dealers in the area to get the highest possible price for it, and they bring any vehicle I'm interested in purchasing to my office so I can take a test drive during my lunch break. We were able to buy my wife's Honda Pilot on the same day it had been traded in to a local dealership, before it ever went up for sale on their website. We were the first and only people to see and test drive that vehicle.

I will never do the whole dealer purchase thing again after enjoying the much easier process of using an auto broker. I plan to have my guy start watching Colorado pricing and incentives around July and will leave it to him to find the truck I want at or below my budget.
I did not have a trade in (retiring and turning in a company car). Laura GMC is a great benchmark for you to see how your broker is doing though, their prices start at 5.7K below MSRP day in/day out for SLT Canyon minimaxes. On the other hand, while they are efficient and professional, Laura is a huge volume dealer. You are one of many when you go there. That is OK, I hope to never see the inside of a dealership for a very long time. A rep from Autonation here in Lone Tree literally got mad at me when I contacted him with my Laura deal in hand asking for a competitive bid. That is the sign of a good deal I suspect

My theory is CO is full of recent transplant Californians and Texans who do not mind throwing their money around. My experience is dealers are not hungry in the Denver front range. The broker route sounds interesting. Am curious how that all goes when it comes time for you to buy. One of my neighbors is a broker. He saw and then asked about my truck, told him the story and he said, "damn, that is a good deal on one of those".

It is a little frustrating - GM does not offer much in the way of incentives on the twins $500 to $1,000 is generally about it. The twins are not like the full size trucks, which have huge incentives on them on a pretty regular basis.

'17 Canyon SLT CCLB 4X4 Diesel, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa/Dune interior. Line-x.

Last edited by Duken4evr; 04-07-2017 at 04:19 PM.
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 04:27 PM

Garage
I work in sales at a Chevy/Cadillac dealership. Why wait "until Fall" to go buy one? There are hardly ever any rebates or incentives on the Colorados other than an occasional Conquest or bonus tag. Also, no dealership is going to be desperate to hurry up and get rid of the '17's to "make room for the '18's" so don't sit and wait and count on that because we can hardly get the Colorados now as it is. It's a demand vs. supply kind of thing. I'm in the Northeast Region for GM rebates and incentives and since these new Colorados came out in 2015, there has been very little rebate, incentives, or discount on them at all. If anything, the price is only going to go up on the 18's compared to the 17's with price increase, upgrades in technology and safety equipment, etc. and so on. Go get you one now while you can before they completely disappear. I know our dealership has only had like maybe 4 Colorados on our lot at one time at the most, the rest of the times it has been onesies and twosies.

Last edited by Shreffy; 04-07-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode