Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

ride height

10K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  common dude 
#1 ·
first off, is the z71 only 4x4 like the silverados, or do they make it in 2wd also , i just want someone to clarify that for me, and if so, could someone tell me the differance in the stock ride height of 2wd and 4wd and of z71 and z85

#2 ·
You can get a Z71 in 2WD as well as 4WD (stupid, I think, but that was somebody's brilliant plan)...I think you can get a Z71 Silverado in 2WD as well now, but I'm not positive, and that's neither here nor there.

The difference in ride height between a Z71 and a Z85 is approximately two inches (the Z71 being higher than the Z85), and I don't think there is a ride height difference between a 2WD and a 4WD.

#4 ·
common dude said:
ok thank you, the reason im asking is because i have a 2wd z85 and i want to put a lift kit in it, it may sound stupid with it being 2wd but i think it would look good, and i see a lot of z71s that look really good, so i need to know what size kit i need to get the same stance.
Thats no dumber than buying a Z71 package and putting a lowering kit on it. Several members have done both on this forum. :p

#7 ·
no, just curious, im going to do it anyway as soon as i get some money, i like the stance of your truck, if i put a 4 inch lift in mine it should sit about the same as yours right? or shold i do a bigger lift, cuz i want it to be that height, or maybe a little bit higher, but not lower, 4 wheel parts is offering a good deal right now on the 4 inch rancho lift

#9 ·
yea, its a 2wd z85, and the truck in that thread is perfect...the rancho lift was a 4 inch. and i was checking into the 5 inch cst, but i dont know who to have install it, i just moved to san diego so i dont know any of the shops out here, and 4 wheel parts doesnt carry CST, i could do the rancho 4 inch and put on a body lift i guess...

#14 ·
common dude said:
/forum/images/smiles/censored.gif!!! ok, well now i gotta find someone who can do the cst, tell me this, do i need to by new rear shocks or anything for the cst, cuz on performancelifts.com, it give me the impression that i do, and that it will not sit level in the rear without some other modifications.
Yes you will need new shocks for the rear. Lift kits usually also lift the rear usually with add-a-leafs or new rear springs. Many still look low in the rear so IMO, Id add shackles to get the rear up some more.

common dude said:
o, actually the skyjacker kit will work
No it won't. Like the Rancho kit, its designed for torsion bar trucks.

#15 ·
yea, i think im going to do the cst with shackles and add a leaf, on performancelifts.com it give the option of cst, fabtech and fox racing shocks, what would you reccommend, cuz i dont know anything about them, and the skyjacker, maybe im wrong, but it said for z85... i think i would be happier with the 5 inch anyways, and its cheaper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.