How Many 4 Banger owners We Have Here? - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe View Post
i have the 2.5 crew cab and very happy with it. now its new, and the last 3, which are the first three tanks, of gas i have averaged about 18.5 hand calc. 85% city stop and go, flat ground with a/c. Truck has less than 1k miles, so my hope is that will increase as it breaks in. I dont drive it like i stole it, and drive it around town empty and not towing anything. So time will tell. Power feels fine, i dont think it is under powered for what it is.

It will improve, mine has!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul
2016 Colorado LT, Ext Cab
2.5L 4 Banger
LT Convenience Package
Lund Bed Extender
Chevy Drop-in Bedliner
Off Road Side Steps
Gator SR1 Tonneau
WeatherTech Mud Flaps
WeatherTech Vent Visors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe View Post
i have the 2.5 crew cab and very happy with it. now its new, and the last 3, which are the first three tanks, of gas i have averaged about 18.5 hand calc. 85% city stop and go, flat ground with a/c. Truck has less than 1k miles, so my hope is that will increase as it breaks in. I dont drive it like i stole it, and drive it around town empty and not towing anything. So time will tell. Power feels fine, i dont think it is under powered for what it is.
I get that mileage in the city easy with the V6 driving in the city averaging under 35 mph. I would expect it to get much better.

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:06 AM

Garage
Love mine. Had to drive it to believe it, then drive it again, then a third time and was sold. No regrets 2yrs in. The 4.10 rear means getting out in traffic in a hurry is no sweat.. just have to push the pedal a little further and let it rev. Good sounding for a 4 (inside the cab engine, not exhaust noise). Doesn't love 80 on the hwy, although it will do it. Very happy at 75, best mileage down around 60 for sure. I know the EPA tests at slower speeds, but that was the only real disappointment after my old car got within 1mpg of its rating everywhere 70-90 and well above when down at 60. Average 21 mpg in largely city driving avg speed about 34. Ext cab z71 (yes, they sold it with a 4... and discounted it)

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 03:06 PM

Garage
Four months into owning my 4 banger...

And I love it. I only bought the 4 because I could not afford a higher trim/4x4 but I really love what it is so far.

It can hold its own off road and it gets the job done (out door trips, hauling stuff around, and daily driver).

Excellent truck.

2016 Colorado WT Crew Cab 2.5L
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 12:43 PM

Have a '16 WT 4cyl, 6 speed since October. Got it with 1187 miles, just shy of 9k now. Previous owner ordered and could not drive stick, after 3 weeks, he traded it back in.

Got a great deal with a better than new warranty.

Love it coming from an '03 Sonoma with 226k miles on original engine and clutch. Just wish it would be better at floating gears. Stock tires were terrible for snow but it gets 23mpg all day long in the city, sometimes up to 27 and 28 going on the highway. I also drive for the best MPG. If people want to pass me, they can.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 10:27 PM

Garage
I bought a 2017 LT cc sb 4cyl I was actually looking for a v6 but really liked the lazer blue and test drove it amazed by how it drove never felt sluggish to me or under powered have owned it for a month now and couldn't be happier. As was mentioned earlier hopefully my mpg will come up when the engine breaks in I have 680 miles on it
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old Today, 12:23 AM

Garage
Kinda my only regret is my 4 banger. My 2015 LT pulls current tracker boat fine (guesstimate 2300 lbs with gear stored) and got it for better fuel mileage- 2 wd with g80 diff but recently buddy wanted assist pulling flat trailer with a pickup on it needing work and had to turn him down. No way this pulling that much a load. Did not also figure helping my old dad out with his big bay liner boat, doubt this rig as is could do that so if do over would have gotten more motor. Had a big ext cab 2000 Silverado before this, pull about anything but no 4wd. Only once needed that so even now still see no real need for it.

Thinking upon it too fuel mpg wise, at now 26800 miles still avg about 26 combined and while way better than the old full sized truck I would be happy at over 20 mpg with more pulling power when needed. May end up trading this for upgrade with the diesel or 6 cly at 3 year mark come spring 2018.

2015 Colorado Ext Cab LT Cyber grey, 4cyl, 6 spd auto, 2x4, g80 lock diff, tow pkg, chrome pkg, OEM upgraded headlights, fog lights, tri fold cover, Line-x pro, chrome tow hooks, weather tech splash guards and floor mats, AVS intrack side window deflectors, loaded but for sunroof. Custom rear quarter graphic and rear window graphic. Toy hauler for tracker txw 175.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode