Camerons Car Reviews - 2017 GMC Canyon Denali Diesel - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbons025 View Post
It looks like it's wrong. But I have seen pictures of another Denali on a dealerships website and it also has the same buttons for the seats. I wonder if the first batch is all wrong. Hope mine is right when it's made.
Maybe it isn't wrong?
The driver side you can adjust both back and bottom or just the bottom, so two buttons on driver side, but the passenger side you can only change the heat on the whole seat together so only one button. So the ventilated button goes on the passenger side because room and when selected does both seats. Is that not how it works or should?

It seems to be a pretty common mistake if it is a mistake.

2016 Red Rock LT CC SB v6 4x4

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
Front bumper removal How-To
Rear Shock/lift Blocks How-To
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 02:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbons025 View Post
It looks like it's wrong. But I have seen pictures of another Denali on a dealerships website and it also has the same buttons for the seats. I wonder if the first batch is all wrong. Hope mine is right when it's made.
Attached from the manual. On the Denali can you separately control the seat back / cushion for heating like the SLT or do you get all heated or all ventilated?
Attached Images
File Type: png seats.PNG (92.7 KB, 30 views)

2017 GMC Canyon SLT V6 2WD Crew Cab Short Box
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Here's what was shown in press photos. Might need to download or open image in a new tab to see fullsize. Only shows full and backrest heater - no ventilation. Also most likely not correct.

2004 GMC Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4x4

Site Rules

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

From an auto show photo:
http://www.musclecarszone.com/wp-con...n-Denali-8.jpg

This looks like it should be correct with ventilation on both sides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CropperCapture[139].jpg (26.7 KB, 113 views)

Site Rules
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 05:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post
I opted for the SLT (custom ordered) over the Denali because for an extra ~$8K I couldn't justify the changes.

1. Bose and Navigation -- no desire for these with AA and Bose is just so-so.
2. Heated Steering Wheel -- yeah, I'm in Texas, pass.
3. Different Grill -- well, everyone in my neighborhood has a Denali of some sort, so the standard grill actually stands out.
4. 20" Wheels -- More sidewall on the 18's = less worrying about how close to a curb you are.
5. Forward Collision Alert / Lane Departure Warning -- yeah, I'd just turn them off.
6. Wireless charging pad -- I guess nice for my passengers, but with AA you must use USB and it charges anyway.
7. Ventilated seats -- this would have been nice to have.
8. Running boards -- not a fan and I'm leaning toward the AMP Research power boards for my truck.
9. Better Leather seats -- well that's to be seen, but I tend to take care of my leather surfaces frequently so I'm not too worried.

I think that covered all the differences vs. the 2017 SLT that I ordered, so for just the ventilated seats, I'll deal with it. Plus my truck stays in the garage when I'm home, too.

Edit: I forgot that Denali logo with the spray in bedliner, I guess I'll just have to live with the GMC logo with my bedliner
But you won't have DENALI "embroidered" in the bed of the truck!!!

Paul
2016 Colorado LT, Ext Cab
2.5L 4 Banger
LT Convenience Package
Lund Bed Extender
Chevy Drop-in Bedliner
Off Road Side Steps
Gator SR1 Tonneau
WeatherTech Mud Flaps
WeatherTech Vent Visors
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 08:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStarr68 View Post
I agree to some extent. But there is no way to make the truck faster. Its not just slow...its dog slow. If you buy it to just tow exclusively then that is a good move. If the truck is going to be your DD, merging onto a busy freeway is going to be a nightmare.
So you have never driven the 2.8L then? There is no trouble geting up to speed onto a busy freeway with the diesel. It will get you up to speed with little effort. Have a chat with owners of the Dmax here, it has no problem getting up to speed . The nice part of the diesel it will get my 6k travel trailer up to speed almost as quickly as when empty with no fuss, using very little fuel compared to any gas engine i have towed with.

For when i want to Accelerate very fast
Ben F and Corey Green like this.

2016 Canyon CCLB 2.8L Duramax. SLT Nav/bose, driver alert,rear slider.

Last edited by dmaxjr; 12-14-2016 at 08:58 PM.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 09:07 PM

Here is a picture of a local Denali I found of the buttons for the ventilated seats. This seems normal with 1/2 ton Denali buttons. Looks like Q/C issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0782.jpg (140.7 KB, 49 views)
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:03 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxjr View Post
So you have never driven the 2.8L then? There is no trouble geting up to speed onto a busy freeway with the diesel. It will get you up to speed with little effort. Have a chat with owners of the Dmax here, it has no problem getting up to speed . The nice part of the diesel it will get my 6k travel trailer up to speed almost as quickly as when empty with no fuss, using very little fuel compared to any gas engine i have towed with.

Nice bike and camper! No I have not driven one so I am just going on 0-60 numbers and 10 seconds scare the crap out of me. But since I have not actually driven one I should not even quote stuff:) I am sure they are fine or folks would not be buying them. I can say that the new V6 and tranny kicks butt. Very quick off the line with almost imperceptible gear changes. Have not driven the old V6, but from all I have read on here the new setup has to be an improvement. Good to see GMC moving forward.
dmaxjr likes this.

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxjr View Post

By the way I used to live in Portland Oregon and spent time up in BC. Beautiful country up there. Been skiing up at Whistler and drove through eastern BC going over to Lake Louise. Miss those days!!!
dmaxjr likes this.

post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:08 AM

Garage
I ordered a Denali diesel because of the heated steering wheel and vented seats, it makes for a more comfortable ride. I'm planning on getting a 5k trailer to replace my class c motor home with a V10 and looking forward to > 9 mpg while traveling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dmaxjr likes this.

Yes b'y
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:12 AM

I have to agree. The heated/ventillated buttons in Cameron's review do not match what's in the owners manual.

zoz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Denali buttons.jpg (65.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 7.10.21 AM.png (408.1 KB, 29 views)
dmaxjr likes this.

2017 GMC Canyon Denali
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Green View Post
I ordered a Denali diesel because of the heated steering wheel and vented seats, it makes for a more comfortable ride. I'm planning on getting a 5k trailer to replace my class c motor home with a V10 and looking forward to > 9 mpg while traveling.

Oh yes...sure you will beat the crap out of that. Saw a video where they got more than 12 towing uphill steep grade.
Corey Green likes this.

post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:13 AM

There is nothing wrong with the Mini Max if you know how to drive it.
Corey Green likes this.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:27 AM

Garage
I would think those ventilated seats would come in handy in the Denali since at least for the first year ,you only have the option of black interior. Black interior gets pretty darn hot!!!

post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:43 AM

Damn, they had some serious lack in QC then

So then the question is, does the other seat heater button on the driver side work as the heater or as ventilation?

2016 Red Rock LT CC SB v6 4x4

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
Front bumper removal How-To
Rear Shock/lift Blocks How-To
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser67 View Post
Damn, they had some serious lack in QC then

So then the question is, does the other seat heater button on the driver side work as the heater or as ventilation?

Definitely as a cooler since it's just a switch and that style of seats are Denali only.

Yes b'y
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 09:08 AM

Garage
So with the Denali you lose the ability to heat the just the seat back? I have button for just the seat back and then one for the seat back and seat bottom.

2017 GMC Canyon SLT V6 2WD Crew Cab Short Box
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Here's a good thread to continue discussion on the button issue so we can get to bottom of this. It will also be helpful for others with the issue when searching for information.

Cooled / ventilated seat button?

Site Rules
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post
So with the Denali you lose the ability to heat the just the seat back? I have button for just the seat back and then one for the seat back and seat bottom.
That would be a drag-I like that feature in my SLT. My butt gets too warm way before my achy old back gets unknotted...
dmaxjr likes this.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevef View Post
That would be a drag-I like that feature in my SLT. My butt gets too warm way before my achy old back gets unknotted...
Yup I agree. I'm younger but the heat on the back is nice and relaxing. The butt warmer is great for those cold morning but gets uncomfortable once the cabin gets warmed up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Stevef likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode