My Comments....after 1 year. - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser67 View Post
I just wish you could get the rear window defroster WITHOUT the sliding window.
I have a standard back window with the defroster on my '15 Z-71, I thought it was standard....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 01:34 PM

After driving cars with keyless entry and push button start for 11 years and over 300k miles I miss it very much. I was very disappointed the Canyon didn't offer it. Especially in 4wd models. I can't stand the sound of my keys and remote slapping against the steering column.

The theft reasons against it are a joke in my opinion.
njacobsen, Tractman and BumbleZ like this.

2016 Canyon SLE CC LB All-Terrain 3.6L - RC 2" Kit | Goodyear Duratrac P265/70/17
2013 Chevy Volt

Instagram
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1618 View Post
OnStar is available with the optional MyLink radio. I have the base radio. It isn't a part of either package, just an option, I think. Did you order yours or just buy it off the lot?
Whoops, sorry... just now seeing this. I bought mine off the lot. I just have the 4.2" radio. i think it's the base.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 11:50 PM

Keyless entry...
-Push button start....more potential problems esp if truck is already running, you get in drive somewhere, shut it down. forgot you left your key elsewhere, it's not going to start again.
-Homelink.....i don't need it and most probably don't. make it optional
-Real Daylight LED running lights....they are real LED. why the low tech headlight DRL?
-Sliding Rear Window (I have an SLT)...if you didnt have it you would want it. i don't need it but don't care either way. no one is going to crawl thru the window

-All LED lights period! again old tech on new truck
-Turn signal lights in the mirrors. i wouldn't want it its annoying unless its on the outside edge like most to warn other drivers. not to remind me the blinker is on.
-Blind Side Warning... every vehicle should have that. i got to rely on it in another vehicle i had and is one feature i really miss. the blind spot mirror is a joke, if the mirror is adjusted right you don't need that little bsm and actually is a hindrance showing 2 lanes over. i don't need to look at the side of my truck in the mirror
-Front and Rear Bumper proximity sensors. ...has been an option and it actually annoying. experienced it in a buick loaner
-I can't stand the sound of my keys and remote slapping against the steering column. .... i keep the ignition key on fob and thats it. other keys go in the console or somewhere else...quiet as can be

Last edited by pltctycanyon; 01-01-2017 at 11:54 PM.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 12:05 AM

When I ordered my '16 SLT, I actually contacted the factory to see if they could delete the sliding rear window. They said they could not.

2016 Canyon SLT Crew Cab Shortbox Duramax Diesel, Summit White/Jet Black.

Engine built 1/12/16
Placed order 2/20/16
Dealer ordered 2/25/16
Target Production Week 4/11/16
Built 4/12/16
Delivered to dealer 4/22/16
Drove it home 4/27/16
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 01:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404 Not Found View Post
When I ordered my '16 SLT, I actually contacted the factory to see if they could delete the sliding rear window. They said they could not.
It would be pretty easy to have the fixed window put in, if you were willing to pay for it.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 10:13 PM

Garage
I agree with the LED's. Also I would love a rear sliding window if it were power. I love to drive with the windows down and it totally reduces the noise inside. Other than a few things here and there like more options on the power seats, and a power moonroof, it's got just about everything. Like others said I guess they are going to pack the Denali and let it trickle down from there. That is a GREAT looking truck BTW.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 10:43 PM

Garage
But you got a LED signature light!
Just a little cheaper and with a halogen bulb 😃
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack14u View Post
I agree with the LED's. Also I would love a rear sliding window if it were power. I love to drive with the windows down and it totally reduces the noise inside. Other than a few things here and there like more options on the power seats, and a power moonroof, it's got just about everything. Like others said I guess they are going to pack the Denali and let it trickle down from there. That is a GREAT looking truck BTW.
the sliding rear window would be nice in electric since i can't reach it to open and close it in a double cab.
my past vehicles all had moonroofs and i kinda miss it but i think the cab stays cooler and cleaner without it but they make great fresh air vents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode