1 Year and 26k Miles Later - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 8Likes
  • 6 Post By kaiser67
  • 1 Post By sohccammer427
  • 1 Post By captainzombie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

1 Year and 26k Miles Later

Well I'm coming up on a full year in about a week or so. Can't believe it's been that long already! I couldn't be happier with the truck!

I love this truck. I love the color. I love making it my own. Coming from a small, two door, fwd, manual car it was a HUGE change but I don't regret it. It's very comfortable, easy to drive and wayyyy more capable and useful than my previous car. I got used to the size fairly quick. Though it's bigger in comparison, it's still much smaller than a full size.

I've put to use as a truck more than I expected to as well. Seems having a truck in the family made everyone need it more. I've took it camping with a rental pop-up. Towed my parents massive pontoon boat. Moved the snowmobiles around including in the bed. So much moving... packed it to the gills multiple times. I've been glad to have it. Makes so many tasks easier.

Early on I did experience some of the chugging in the transmission. Having to push more pedal than one would think before it would finally downshift which would often be too much and shift down 2 gears leading to a surge in power. Quite annoying but learned to drive around it, but that wasn't necessary as I got the Trifecta tune before 10k miles. With the tune I have absolutely no complaints.

I've done quite a few things to make it my own and small improvements.
Replaced the console lid for better comfort, added fog lights and led pods in the rear, Eibach Sport shocks all around, leveled the front and raised the rear to maintain a slight rake, dipped the grill and emblems. Makes the truck my own and small comfort or usability additions.

The mileage has been pleasantly surprising. I mostly drive a mix ~65% highway around 72mph with the rest mixed city and suburban driving. DIC indicates 24mph lifetime avg however my logging since about 5k is closer to 22.5 mpg which I'm ok with. Straight highway tanks I've gotten over 24. I'm not an easy driver either, I'm not trying to save gas necessarily so a decent return is ok with me.

One of my favorite features is Android Auto. I use it every day for music and apps. Just plug the phone in and leave it. Keeps me from distracting myself while driving as well. It works great imo and extremely useful. Nice that music sound better than xm or radio as well.

Overall I am incredibly happy with my truck. I have no real complaints about anything. It drives nice, it's a good size, in my opinion it was a great value and it performs well. The power is good though it does need to rev up to really get into the power. I'm used to that coming from a 4banger so no problem. And it looks great. I'm happy with my decision and it's treated me well so far and hope it does for years to come.

And thank you to everyone on this forum for being supportive and helpful.
CaryBosse, RatRacer, TLAR and 3 others like this.

2016 Red Rock LT CC SB v6 4x4

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
Front bumper removal How-To
Rear Shock/lift Blocks How-To
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:47 PM

Garage
26,000 miles in a year. Not too shabby.

I picked mine up one week ago today. Like you I came from a small sedan. 2015 Passat Tdi to be exact. I do miss the 6 speed manual and the sound system in the car. I find myself hunting for the clutch on occasion.

But, so far, I'm content with my purchase. (2wd, crew cab, long bed, Duramax) I've not really had and transmission issues as many here have mentioned. Anyhow, good positive review on your part. Hope that in one year from now, I'll be as happy with the truck as you.
kaiser67 likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 11:18 PM

Congrats! Before getting the Colorado, I had a 2012 Hyundai Elantra that I traded in towards a 2014 and then traded towards the 2016 Colorado. I don't think that I would ever go back to a car after enjoying the Colorado. I do miss the almost 32-35 MPG that I would get saving me a ton in gas, but its well worth it. That is good to hear your positive experience.
kaiser67 likes this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:00 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CPTTango30 Send a message via MSN to CPTTango30
Yeah I came from a 2004 Toyota Matrix to the Colorado. God what a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode