Aftermarket Nerf Bars - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 439 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 07:00 PM

I'm picking up a set of N-Fab bars tomorrow. I ordered them today from a trailer company that installed my hitch today, they confirmed the bars would be in tomorrow morning, it looks like aftermarket companies may be catching up supplying products.

I had a set of N-Fabs nerf bars on my last truck and they were fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 439 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 08:12 AM

I just scored some factory side steps for $200 off of craigslist. They didn't come with the speed nuts (clips), but I'm going to try and get some today.
garymikey1982 likes this.
post #23 of 439 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfro View Post
I just scored some factory side steps for $200 off of craigslist. They didn't come with the speed nuts (clips), but I'm going to try and get some today.
That's excellent, and I thought I had done well at $386 + shipping......great score!

2015 Cyber Gray Z71 CC LB Navi Bose Trailer Pkg
Fold-A-Cover
3" Assist Steps
Cravenspeed Shorty Antenna
Dee-Zee Bed Mat
Interior LED's
Debadge & Plasti-Dip Bowties
Tinted Windows
McGard Anti Theft Tailgate Lock

post #24 of 439 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 01:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfro View Post
Not sure if these are the ones that you picked up. If not, it looks like there is a set in NW Houston area for $200.
Running Boards -2015 chevy colorado
post #25 of 439 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 02:17 PM

That's them. I just ordered some clips off of Ebay. People want a arm and leg for them around here.
post #26 of 439 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 05:03 PM

Never heard of a single bad set of Colorado. so not sure why or what PaulIbiker is saying. Come on...as a policy we go above and beyond because I am personally vested in the every product we build in the USA. I design every inch. As the principal I expect my customer service team to follow procedure and policy we put in place. Which if veritably bad is to replace. As a rule, I dont pay attention to this type negative address against the N-fab Brand its futile to debate in most cases. Internet is full of people who need and are looking for attention. But customers who bought N-fab Colorado steps have pointed it out to me. Just Know,,,, If you buy N-fab we are here to take care of our loyal customers. During and after the sale. Thomas Fichter CEO N-fab inc.
DHMag, bfleyva, PAR and 3 others like this.
post #27 of 439 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 10:46 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to WhiteShadowZ71 Send a message via MSN to WhiteShadowZ71
That's good to know, interested to see what other designs you might come up with.
orenjr likes this.
post #28 of 439 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 08:24 PM

Aftermarket nerf bars

Just installed a set of N-fab nerf bars on my truck this weekend! all in all fairly easy to install
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (167.8 KB, 968 views)
post #29 of 439 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 10:14 AM

Nfab Thomas, why none for extended cab?
RatRacer and Cara like this.
post #30 of 439 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb922 View Post
I purchased a set of Dee Zee 6" oval bars (black) from Auto Anything for $279 they currently are shipped and scheduled to be delivered to me tomorrow 3/25. Had no luck ordering any others other than the n-fab which I didn' t really like. Just need the truck.
Did you get your Dee Zee bars yet? If so, did they come with all the needed mounting brackets? (One of the reviewers said he did not get them.) Also, how are they for a taller person to step over without rubbing on them? Thanks!

--Dave
post #31 of 439 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinoh View Post
Did you get your Dee Zee bars yet? If so, did they come with all the needed mounting brackets? (One of the reviewers said he did not get them.) Also, how are they for a taller person to step over without rubbing on them? Thanks!

--Dave

I doubt he's gotten them yet. I've been trying to purchase the same ones and have the 6" bars but the brackets aren't released yet. I called the manufacturer directly and they told me that it won't be released until 4/14/2015. It will then take some time to get from their warehouse out to the customers. I ordered directly from DeeZee so hopefully I'll be one of the first to get the brackets. One thing that I will warn though, is make sure you get the right bars ordered.

Caution! Everywhere I looked at, including autoanything, it says that for crew cab you need bar DZ16121, but if you look at DeeZee's site, it says you need DZ16111 (black) or DZ16113 (stainless). I called the manufacturer to confirm. They said that what the other sites are doing is they have a place holder for "crew cab" which is meant for full sized pickups and those bars are 86" long. This would make it too long for the Colorado Crew cab. Both the extended cab and the crew cab use the same model of steps from DeeZee which are 73" long. The mounting bracket is the same for all of them which is DZ16319.

I hope this helps people. If you have any doubts, you can call DeeZee directly by getting the number off their website. They sell all the parts directly as well, although more expensive than other places. The minute I get them in the mail and have them installed I'll post some pictures.
formidablemulk likes this.
post #32 of 439 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfusion View Post
...Caution! Everywhere I looked at, including autoanything, it says that for crew cab you need bar DZ16121, but if you look at DeeZee's site, it says you need DZ16111 (black) or DZ16113 (stainless). I called the manufacturer to confirm. They said that what the other sites are doing is they have a place holder for "crew cab" which is meant for full sized pickups and those bars are 86" long. This would make it too long for the Colorado Crew cab. Both the extended cab and the crew cab use the same model of steps from DeeZee which are 73" long. The mounting bracket is the same for all of them which is DZ16319...
Yes, I do see the different part number on the DeeZee site. I just chatted with AutoAnything and he insisted the order is correct for the black bar for my short bed crew Colorado. He said the bracket shows shipping NLT 4/9. Good price thru tomorrow so I might take a chance on it. Thanks for the info.
post #33 of 439 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I doubt he's gotten them yet. I've been trying to purchase the same ones and have the 6" bars but the brackets aren't released yet. I called the manufacturer directly and they told me that it won't be released until 4/14/2015. It will then take some time to get from their warehouse out to the customers. I ordered directly from DeeZee so hopefully I'll be one of the first to get the brackets. One thing that I will warn though, is make sure you get the right bars ordered.

Caution! Everywhere I looked at, including autoanything, it says that for crew cab you need bar DZ16121, but if you look at DeeZee's site, it says you need DZ16111 (black) or DZ16113 (stainless). I called the manufacturer to confirm. They said that what the other sites are doing is they have a place holder for "crew cab" which is meant for full sized pickups and those bars are 86" long. This would make it too long for the Colorado Crew cab. Both the extended cab and the crew cab use the same model of steps from DeeZee which are 73" long. The mounting bracket is the same for all of them which is DZ16319.

I hope this helps people. If you have any doubts, you can call DeeZee directly by getting the number off their website. They sell all the parts directly as well, although more expensive than other places. The minute I get them in the mail and have them installed I'll post some pictures.

I also have the brackets ordered (DZ16319) direct from DeeZee. I have been waiting for them to arrive. I have the 6" black oval boards (DZ16111) ordered from JEGS. Boards are for the 15 Canyon Ext cab. Thanks for information when the brackets will be released. I was getting impatient.
post #34 of 439 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 01:51 PM

So, I just got the bar's out that I got which were the DZ16111. They fit perfectly where the last mount would go to the first mount. It would pretty much cut off the bar right at the end of the cab portion. You may be able to use the longer DZ16121 bars, but it would extend past the cab towards the actual bed. As long as it doesn't end up touching the tire and all the mounting points on the bars which really are rather flexible would line up with the mounts, it should be fine. However, I wouldn't step on that portion because I would be afraid it would bend since there's no place to mount or support it out at the bed area. If I had the longer ones I know that I would probably forget that detail and end up damaging it.

I was also disappointed when I took the bars out that all 4 plastic end caps were damaged and cracked. There was so little protection in the shipped box that there was no wonder there was damage. Definitely inadequate for such a heavy item. DeeZee should either package them better or not use plastic on the ends. I'm considering just sending these back and trying something a little less plastic.
post #35 of 439 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
So, I just got the bar's out that I got which were the DZ16111. They fit perfectly where the last mount would go to the first mount. It would pretty much cut off the bar right at the end of the cab portion. You may be able to use the longer DZ16121 bars, but it would extend past the cab towards the actual bed. As long as it doesn't end up touching the tire and all the mounting points on the bars which really are rather flexible would line up with the mounts, it should be fine. However, I wouldn't step on that portion because I would be afraid it would bend since there's no place to mount or support it out at the bed area. If I had the longer ones I know that I would probably forget that detail and end up damaging it.

I was also disappointed when I took the bars out that all 4 plastic end caps were damaged and cracked. There was so little protection in the shipped box that there was no wonder there was damage. Definitely inadequate for such a heavy item. DeeZee should either package them better or not use plastic on the ends. I'm considering just sending these back and trying something a little less plastic.
You have the crew cab, right? The cab portion of my crew cab measures about 80", right between the 2 sizes. On your 73" bar, do the step treads line up with the doors?
post #36 of 439 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
So, I just got the bar's out that I got which were the DZ16111. They fit perfectly where the last mount would go to the first mount. It would pretty much cut off the bar right at the end of the cab portion. You may be able to use the longer DZ16121 bars, but it would extend past the cab towards the actual bed. As long as it doesn't end up touching the tire and all the mounting points on the bars which really are rather flexible would line up with the mounts, it should be fine. However, I wouldn't step on that portion because I would be afraid it would bend since there's no place to mount or support it out at the bed area. If I had the longer ones I know that I would probably forget that detail and end up damaging it...
I measured again and I think you are correct. The 73" model will fit perfectly door to door. The 86" model would also fit but the extra length would not be useful. I'm going to order the DZ16111. Thanks again for the info.
post #37 of 439 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas42 View Post
I also have the brackets ordered (DZ16319) direct from DeeZee. I have been waiting for them to arrive. I have the 6" black oval boards (DZ16111) ordered from JEGS. Boards are for the 15 Canyon Ext cab. Thanks for information when the brackets will be released. I was getting impatient.
I just ordered the the DZ16111 for my crew cab from AutoAnything with the DZ16319 brackets. The shipping estimate came back 4/13-4/15. Not as good as I was told but not too bad.
post #38 of 439 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 06:43 AM

Garage
Westin just pushed to 4" pro traxx off to May.
post #39 of 439 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinoh View Post
I just ordered the the DZ16111 for my crew cab from AutoAnything with the DZ16319 brackets. The shipping estimate came back 4/13-4/15. Not as good as I was told but not too bad.
Already shipped yesterday. It shows both the bars and brackets shipped but I suspect it is just the bars for now. Due to be delivered Thursday; I'll let you know what I get.
post #40 of 439 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 02:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boborc View Post
Westin just pushed to 4" pro traxx off to May.
Boo!! I am NOT liking that news!!
cruzer5911 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode