Aftermarket Nerf Bars - Page 22 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 173Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #421 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wells View Post
Tyger is selling their star armor on eBay. I am leaning towards these just to hide the factory pinch welds.
Welcome to C'Fans
Links are allowed for stuff like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Tyger is selling their star armor on eBay. I am leaning towards these just to hide the factory pinch welds.
they are oos, on ebay and amazon. Amazon was cheaper though.

'17 Crew V6, Build log of sound system / Build log of rest of truck modifications
post #423 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
Welcome to C'Fans
Links are allowed for stuff like that.
Thanks for the welcome. I'll keep any eye for them again and will post when they appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansonF View Post
they are oos, on ebay and amazon. Amazon was cheaper though.
Yes they were but I'll pick a pair up wherever they are in stock. They are still cheaper than some others models and much better looking.

post #424 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
When I checked eBay, Tyger is selling their products; but they are for jeeps and yotas. The GMC/Chevy version of the bars are still out of stock. :(

2016 GMC Canyon SLE, 4x4 (All-Terrain)
Cyber Grey, Navigation, Bose System
Trailering Package, Spray-in bedliner
Fold-a-cover, Air Dam REMOVED
post #425 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 01:41 PM

Since amazon is saying they don't know if or when they will be back in stock (for the Tyger units), it might be hard to determine when.

I'll snap some pics of my HDX after I'm done.

'17 Crew V6, Build log of sound system / Build log of rest of truck modifications
post #426 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Since amazon is saying they don't know if or when they will be back in stock (for the Tyger units), it might be hard to determine when.

I'll snap some pics of my HDX after I'm done.
I have HDX drop steps on my Canyon. I like them. I like the fact that the cover the pinch weld AND the main part of the "bar" is behind the actual step. So when my foot slides all the way thru the step it hits the bar, not my rocker under the door. Took me about 45 minutes to install them...super easy. Mine also came with a replacement set of hardware to fasten the step plates to the steps. Apparently the stock hardware rusts. I wasn't going to change mine, but after they got wet the first time I saw rust forming. Haven't had a problem since I replaced all the nuts and bolts.
LansonF likes this.
post #427 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegraham77 View Post
I have HDX drop steps on my Canyon. I like them. I like the fact that the cover the pinch weld AND the main part of the "bar" is behind the actual step. So when my foot slides all the way thru the step it hits the bar, not my rocker under the door. Took me about 45 minutes to install them...super easy. Mine also came with a replacement set of hardware to fasten the step plates to the steps. Apparently the stock hardware rusts. I wasn't going to change mine, but after they got wet the first time I saw rust forming. Haven't had a problem since I replaced all the nuts and bolts.
Sweet, was this the HDX or HDX Xtreme model?

post #428 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 07:51 PM

I've been searching for days for steps and my head is spinning. Maybe you guys can help. What I'm looking for is something like the OEM rectangular steps or the Westin R7. However, they all hang down really low. I want something that doesn't hang down too low, those all look like they ar about 2" too low. I would even do an oval shape if it tucked up nicely.

I've seen the like I'd like on Tacomas and I had them like I'm looking for on my old Xterra. I have include pd a pic below for reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Last edited by GANCanyon; 04-17-2017 at 07:59 PM.
post #429 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Sweet, was this the HDX or HDX Xtreme model?
HDX drop steps
post #430 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:21 PM

I received a reply back from Tyger about their star armor nerf bars and when they will be available on eBay and amazon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0642.JPG (94.3 KB, 78 views)
New Z71 likes this.

Last edited by Scott Wells; 04-18-2017 at 08:49 PM.
post #431 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I received a reply back from Tyger about their star armor nerf bars and when they will be available on eBay and amazon.
Well at least you got a response, lol

Weirdly, my HDX steps haven't shipped yet either.

post #432 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:13 PM

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on them when I did. It's good news that they are still planning on making more.
post #433 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 05:02 PM

Well, a wrench is definitely tossed in my plans. The HDX steps are also backordered till... about mid-May! Aaah, just like the Tygers then. So I guess its just the same to order the Tygers when they come back in stock.

edit: Oh, and sweeping my spam filter...Tyger responded very promptly and said they would be back in about 3 weeks...I just didn't get it because it hit my spam. So Tyger, sorry I blamed you for not responding. I'll cancel my HDX and get some of those slider bars as soon as they are available.

Last edited by LansonF; 04-19-2017 at 05:06 PM.
post #434 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Well, a wrench is definitely tossed in my plans. The HDX steps are also backordered till... about mid-May! Aaah, just like the Tygers then. So I guess its just the same to order the Tygers when they come back in stock.

edit: Oh, and sweeping my spam filter...Tyger responded very promptly and said they would be back in about 3 weeks...I just didn't get it because it hit my spam. So Tyger, sorry I blamed you for not responding. I'll cancel my HDX and get some of those slider bars as soon as they are available.
Maybe try a Westin retailer in your area for the drop steps. My local retailer was the same price as Amazon, but I didn't realize that til after I made the order online. Forgot I have to pay tax on Amazon now. So I actually could have had them faster form the local truck shop for the same price.
post #435 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegraham77 View Post
Maybe try a Westin retailer in your area for the drop steps. My local retailer was the same price as Amazon, but I didn't realize that til after I made the order online. Forgot I have to pay tax on Amazon now. So I actually could have had them faster form the local truck shop for the same price.
To be fair, Autoanything was selling them at almost exactly the same price as the Tyger units, with all the discounts I amassed. But availability is the killer. Simply put, I want something soon. I'll wait for the Tygers, now that I know they responded to my email afterall, I feel better about waiting. :)

post #436 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:24 PM

I put the NFab nerf steps in matte black on my 17 Canyon SLT and love them. Will keep an eye out for any rust problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
videopho likes this.
post #437 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GANCanyon View Post
I've been searching for days for steps and my head is spinning. Maybe you guys can help. What I'm looking for is something like the OEM rectangular steps or the Westin R7. However, they all hang down really low. I want something that doesn't hang down too low, those all look like they ar about 2" too low. I would even do an oval shape if it tucked up nicely.

I've seen the like I'd like on Tacomas and I had them like I'm looking for on my old Xterra. I have include pd a pic below for reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Most everything seems to hang too low for my liking too. The ones that don't are the n-fab w2w, oem off-road steps, and Tyger star armor. Tyger makes another one that's a 4" bar that looks real nice but I'm afraid it hangs too low. I've been looking at Aries rocker steps recently that don't look too bad. However, the rear mount is different than most so I'm not sure I want to try them. I haven't seen them on a Colorado/Canyon yet. It's strange to me that there isn't height adjustability on anything out ther. Don't need the steps just want door ding and stone chip protection. Good luck.

2016 Colorado Z71 4x4 CCSB Cyber Gray
Bak MX4

Last edited by New Z71; 04-23-2017 at 08:10 PM.
post #438 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Z71 View Post
Most everything seems to hang too low for my liking too. The ones that don't are the n-fab w2w, oem off-road steps, and Tyger star armor. Tyger makes another one that's a 4" bar that looks real nice but I'm afraid it hangs too low. I've been looking at Aries rocker steps recently that don't look too bad. However, the rear mount is different than most so I'm not sure I want to try them. I haven't seen them on a Colorado/Canyon yet. It's strange to me that there isn't height adjustability on anything out ther. Don't need the steps just want door ding and stone chip protection. Good luck.
Iron Cross makes one called the Patriot Board that I understand is adjustable. Don't quote me on that though... I like the rectangular ones.
post #439 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 11:24 PM

I purchased a set of rough country bars with steps and have had them on my truck since November... they are already rusting pretty bad.. I called RC about it and they asked me to send pics. So I did. Never heard back. Pretty lame. Guess I'm gonna have to blast em down and por15 them and rattle can them or something.

[/IMG]
post #440 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 10:24 PM

I just put on my nfab wheel to wheel. I like the looks, hopefully they won't rust for a while. Nice to cover that ugly weld. Nfab is also offering a $40 rebate right now.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode