Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Installed Light Bar In Bumper

124K views 216 replies 85 participants last post by  ARCowboy 
#1 · (Edited)
Just installed a 32 inch light bar in the front bumper (stole the idea from BDS Colorado ill admit it!) But I put mine behind the front plastic column things instead of flush with the bumper. Its a tight fit but think it looks awesome. Unfortunately took us 4 hours total and we didn't even get to the wiring due to trial and error, welding, broken drill bits, etc. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions ill do my best to answer

Attachments

See less See more
#44 ·
Finished!

Wow, time flew on me and sorry i teased everyone with posting these without them being wired up and then not being able to come back for awhile! But my friend and I did install them Friday and 6k fog lights, unfortunately was sent the wrong headlight bulbs so that will be coming in a couple weeks. I didn't have a chance to take them with a garage in front but the picture i post with them being stopped on the road is with simply the bumper light on and it was pitch black with them off to give you an idea. It was 4am and headed to work and wanted to see them! let me know of any other questions, hopefully others can get this mod too! I love it, let me know if you have any questions or want to see different pictures! Oh and i took a picture of my new emblem on the tailgate if any one was wondering how it looked

Attachments

#46 ·
Looks good.

#49 ·
Reactions: TexazReece
#51 · (Edited)
I haven't ordered it yet but I don't plan on getting the safety package. That rough country looks pretty good and plan on ordering it. I already have parts for it when I plan to order in the next couple months. Just purchased a new home and trying to get things in order for the wife. She wants me to get it now but trying to holdout for maybe some added features they missed and the AT being offered in summit white.

#62 ·
i keep coming back to spam this thread, that light bar looks soooo f^&*ing good behind the bumper like that. i can't get over it...

#64 ·
I think that sensor is for crash warning. If you are travelling at 40 km/h/25 mph +/- And it senses that you are approaching a object to fast the system will flash a red light onto the windshield and it does something with the brakes. What i mean is if you tap the brakes while that light is flashing it seems the brake get a boost of stopping power. At least thats what my canyon seems to do. Its either that or a outside thermometer.

Cheers,

Josh

#66 ·
I need to call and see if it will fit the Canyon.

#67 ·
Just got off the phone with Rough Country, brackets are not out yet but will retail for $24.95. They do not know yet if it will fit a Canyon, they are looking for a test truck.

#69 ·
The front ends on the Canyon and the Colorado are not the same.

#71 ·
That bar is half the height of our double row bars. It will fit easilly. The problem will likely be getting it centered.

#72 ·
got mine installed the same way as OP

cant wait till night time to check it out

Attachments

#129 ·
Mounting question for you:

Did you mount your light bar to the plastic air dam? Is that ridged enough to support the light bar? If not, what did you use to mount to?

I was trying to see how the op mounted his but it looks like he removed the plastic air dam.

#75 ·
That is a temperature sensor.

Reactions: jeter33
#76 ·
The Rough Country brackets work on the Canyon.

Reactions: TexazReece
#79 ·
That's good for now. Wonder what it'll do once the ambient is 98F and pulling a load ? Point is, there might be times when this engine needs all the air it can get. GM engineers seemed to have thought so to have placed that channel where it is. This bottom channel is a 3" high "trough" sending cool air up from the bottom into the radiator core.

I like my mods too, but overheat that motor with damage as the result and I'll bet the warranty will suffer once they see that channel plugged up with leds.

I am going to try to keep it open for business the best I can.

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.