Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

AMP Research Power steps are coming...

64K views 284 replies 69 participants last post by  Iamscotticus 
#1 ·
I don't even have a Twin yet but I really dislike the look and function of all of the steps that are offered for the Twins currently and I'd want something on the truck as soon as I buy one next year. Especially with a lift you really need something to comfortably enter the truck to not place undo stress on the doors and the seat edges.

So anyways I emailed AMP Research about availability of their full length power steps for the Twins and this was their response:

"Hello,

Yes the step is currently indevelopment and should be released around December-or January.

Thanks, ..."

#78 ·
All….

We Still have a group buy in process for the AMP Power Boards. Not to late to join in.

Per AMP they are ready to ship but none of the authorized dealers I've contacted have them in stock yet.

PM me for further.

Please…… Serious inquires

#81 ·
These look great, but I would really have to think about whether they are 'twice as nice' (or more than 2x by the time you add in installation costs) than the Iron Cross or some of the others that I have seen in these forums. Would be nice to see them in action and on other truck colors.

#83 ·
I had the same question so did a little searching and came up with this thread on the "big boy" forum:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/184042-anyone-have-or-installed-auto-running-boards/

I read this as mostly positive experiences; one of the dudes posted an install/operations video that is very helpful.

I would be interested in these boards if there was a way to disable the auto-lower feature, as I don't need them but some of my passengers do. I can't help but think that turning them off during our -20F Chicago winter days will help long term...

#95 ·
For those in Canada who are interested in the group buy, like myself, they will not ship here at all. I will have to wait and see if another shop picks them up here.
Sevvy

#105 ·
That's awesome! I wish I didn't have to wait for shipping lol. Let us know how the install goes. I'm sure there will be instructions to help with install.

#104 ·
Just ordered mines this morning. Delivery Friday or Monday. With me being in Hawaii, I say Monday lol

Reactions: Vinolush
#107 ·
Video is coming and the steps do come with instructions as well.

There is some drilling required so have some touch up paint ready to take care of the bare metal. I also ended up covering the wiring harness with gold reflective foil where it drops down on the passenger side near my turbo (diesel). Probably not needed, but I had some in a drawer so why not. If you want to do the same go ahead and get you some :)

#117 ·
I ordered a set of the AMP power Steps and I have the Silver Ice Metallic Colorado. I figured that the 3" round step bars are black so the black AMP steps won't be an eye sore. Also, I like to have some contrast to my truck. That's why I'm looking for some OEM fender flares.

#116 ·
I had them on a green f150 if you want a picture of that? Lol they hide pretty well and tend to match the black trim pieces throughout the truck

#120 ·
Idk why I never thought about that, the step portions come separate from the brackets initially, would be really easy to have them powder coated. Anthracite might be a cool idea... Any idea what it would cost?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.