Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

AMP Research Power steps are coming...

64K views 284 replies 69 participants last post by  Iamscotticus 
#1 ·
I don't even have a Twin yet but I really dislike the look and function of all of the steps that are offered for the Twins currently and I'd want something on the truck as soon as I buy one next year. Especially with a lift you really need something to comfortably enter the truck to not place undo stress on the doors and the seat edges.

So anyways I emailed AMP Research about availability of their full length power steps for the Twins and this was their response:

"Hello,

Yes the step is currently indevelopment and should be released around December-or January.

Thanks, ..."

#2 ·
So anyways I emailed AMP Research about availability of their full length power steps for the Twins
I talked to the owner 3 months ago and even suggested I drive down to Boulder to help template it. I got a lukewarm response but helpful.

Glad to see he kicked it up a notch.

#4 ·
This is the response I got from them a few months ago
Hello,
We are currently under R&D on this specific vehicle, we should have something closer to the end of the year.

Thanks,

Joe Ledezma | Technical Support
AMP RESEARCH | Innovation in MotionT Series | from Lund International
15651 Mosher Ave. | Tustin, CA 92780
(949) 221-0023 ext 75181 P | (949) 221-0043 F | amp-research.com

#5 ·
Received this today, after emailing AMP over the weekend. I also petitioned them for a group buy. But who knows how that will go.

Hello,
We are currently in development of working on this application and should have something by March -April time frame.

Thanks,

Joe Ledezma | Technical Support

#8 ·
I checked with them a few weeks ago and was told June/July.

#12 ·
The wiring for these things is going to be interesting. It will involve either tearing into each door panel, or tapping into the CAN bus.
Driver Door Ajar (With AXG)

The driver window motor will provide a 12V signal to the driver door ajar switch within the door latch to indicate the status of the door. When the driver door is open, the contract within the ajar switch closes providing a ground part for the signal circuit. The driver window motor will detect the voltage drop in the ajar signal circuit and will send a serial data message to the body control module. The body control module will then send a message to the instrument cluster which will illuminate the door ajar icon.

Passenger and Rear Doors Ajar (With AED and AEQ)

The passenger and rear window switches provide a 12V signal to the respective door ajar switch within the door latch to indicate the status of the door. When the door is open, the contract within the ajar switch closes providing a ground part for the signal circuit. The window switch will detect the voltage drop in the ajar signal circuit and will send a serial data message to the body control module. The body control module will then send a message to the instrument cluster which will illuminate the door ajar icon

#14 ·
I was wondering about this too, I didn't read the entire page, just what you posted but it seems that there would be a better way to do this. But I think that the wires that would need to be tapped could be found under the dash somewhere, hopefully some place reasonably accessible.

#20 ·
I can't wait to get my hands on a set of these.

#21 ·
Just received this response from AMP Research:

Thank you for your interest in the AMP Research Powersteps for the Chevy Colorado / GMC Canyon. At this time our engineers are in the final stages of development for this kit. We are anticipating the release of this kit anytime. But it could be anywhere from 30-90 days before we have it released. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

#22 ·
They sent me the exact same response last week too lol

#28 ·
I am also very interested in a GP for these. Hoping AMP surprises us with a product very soon. Subscribed.

#29 ·
I reached out to them last week and was told June/July?!?

Are they EVER going to do these up for us?

#31 ·
Got an email response yesterday from Larry… He advised June availability, no further details……. A man of few words…

I assume he is being bombarded with requests, maybe from us?

#38 ·
Maybe we could score a pre-order GP discount? Guaranteed shipment by June xx 2016? That would be nice.........

#40 ·
Right after I posted I found a good deal on the GM step tubes (like Trail Boss) so I ordered them up. No wiring and door ding guarding to boot. Count me outta here.

#50 ·
Right after I posted I found a good deal on the GM step tubes (like Trail Boss) so I ordered them up. No wiring and door ding guarding to boot.
Care to define what you are calling a 'good deal'?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.