Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Name One feature about your truck you didn't know about

499K views 1K replies 474 participants last post by  Mad German 
#1 ·
Name one feature about your truck you didn't know about.
Ill start... there is a little clip on fuel door to hang cap when refilling!

Attachments

See less See more
#42 · (Edited)
Didn't know until I read through this forum that the raised "GMC" lettering on the front wall of my bed was applied (stuck on?) at the factory before the spray-on bed liner was applied. I understand this is an SLT and Z71 thing...but I have yet to see what the bow-tie looks like. I love it...a special touch on this trim level.

Attachments

#43 ·
When I turned it on the other night I got a message from onstar telling me that I could use it to help me plan my next trip. Didn't realize I'd get spam from onstar. :)

#45 ·
I knew it had a reverse camera, I did not know it would be active when I go from park straight to drive. It stays on for a few seconds as I pull away. I guess you can check if someone is sneaking up behind you, or dragging something as you take off.

#47 ·
If i set the vent to push all the air out the floor, i do get AC in the back, but it doesn't make the front seat passenger very happy.

#48 ·
In Auto A/C I notice the Air Divided with Floor and Front Vents. Small amounts of air does reach back to passengers in back seats via floor under seat vent. I assume on Auto, they are mixing front vents with floor vents which will feed air back under the the seat vents. So I have experienced so far with the Auto A/C System Activated.

Reactions: American Truck
#51 ·
Makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for the clarification. I was a bit bemused when I saw the vents under there.... they seemed almost pointless as rear vents. Foot warming makes sense.

#52 ·
Discovered today that when connected to the iphone via USB cable and playing music, the album art can be seen in the DIC if one wishes to use the main screen for Nav and switches the DIC to the audio tab.

Also discovered that when listening to music, using the phone "hang up button" on the steering wheel, mutes the audio.

#53 ·
Can also mute/unmute the audio by pressing the center of the radio's on/off button.

Reactions: glenn_silvasy
#54 ·
I already knew that when using the radio you can access additional favorites by swiping up and down. What I did not know is that it also works by going from right to left and vice versa. I prefer swiping from right to left because you don't lose any additional space on the screen.

Reactions: Twenrick32
#56 ·
If you press & release volume button, it mutes, as you describe.

If you press and hold, it turns the radio, oops, entertainment system, off, thus the screensaver with date & time.

#57 ·
A couple things I found ......

At first I was a little disapointed that the DIC didn't show more things like tranny temp etc...Then I found it did, you just have to go into the options & enable the things you want to see & disable the things you don't.

Also I found out you can play/watch certain videos on the infotainment screen via USB (although only while the truck is in park only).

#72 ·
Nice, but the truck in the Nav is not the correct color. It is white and my truck is black.:frown2:

#68 ·
A common issue I have noticed many times in the past getting out of other's vehicles, including my buddy's first gen Colorado, is that after the engine is shut off.. opening the passenger door shuts off the electronics including ability to put the windows up. The key has to then be reinserted and partially turned to finish putting up the windows. I noticed about a week ago that on my Canyon the electronics only shut off once the driver side door is opened, the passenger door being opened has no effect. A small simple thing but very smart.

#71 ·
A common issue I have noticed many times in the past getting out of other's vehicles, including my buddy's first gen Colorado, is that after the engine is shut off.. opening the passenger door shuts off the electronics including ability to put the windows up. The key has to then be reinserted and partially turned to finish putting up the windows. I noticed about a week ago that on my Canyon the electronics only shut off once the driver side door is opened, the passenger door being opened has no effect. A small simple thing but very smart.
Somewhat true. Some have learned the hard way that the passenger door is ineffective by walking away for well over 30 minutes and wondering why their radio is still playing.

Awareness is good as it could easily drain the battery if they walk away for extended periods of time unaware some features are still 'on'. Unless there is another fail-safe system enabled that shuts off electronics after a predetermined time period.

I remember one user stating he was in the house then later when the wife returned home she asked him why the radio was on.

#70 ·
My friend has a new Silverado LTZ crew cab, loaded, and even it doesn't have rear vents. I think GM could easily run a vent under the center console, especially if they went to a push button/dial shifter.

#78 ·
I knew my truck had bluetooth cuz the salesman helped me set my phone up. What I didn't know is that the truck itself has a built-in phone that you can buy minutes for and has its own phone number.

Reactions: 4x4x4doors
#79 ·
Ya, I bought a 60 min package for something like $5.00, but I don't think I will renew. I haven't tried to set up a contact list on the truck, it just seems easier to use the one you already have in your cell with voice command, cool feature though.

#83 ·
While playing a CD that I recorded on a USB thumb drive, I accidentally found out that by pushing the up/down selector on the left backside of the steering wheel, the CD recording moved forward or backward to the next track.

#84 ·
That it would come with so many boogers in the paint. I have never seen a new vehicle that had dust spots sticking out of the paint on every horizontal panel. Somebody needs to take control of maintenance of the spray booths.
GM Customer Service, be sure to report that to the plant managers. No excuse for that since my 2002 S10 and 2006 Trailblazer SS were flawless.

#86 ·
LOL I thought I was imagining things today when a call came in and the fan speed dropped then picked back up. I was about to freak out then I realized it was so the noise of the fan didn't interfere with the call. Nifty!

#89 ·
Just notice that if you hit the turn signal stalk a 2nd time for a lane change, it will cancel the signal. That's new to me. :)