Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Name One feature about your truck you didn't know about

499K views 1K replies 474 participants last post by  Mad German 
#1 ·
Name one feature about your truck you didn't know about.
Ill start... there is a little clip on fuel door to hang cap when refilling!

Attachments

See less See more
#92 ·
I don't know if someone already mentioned it (I glanced thru this thread and didn't see any mention) or if its common knowledge but you can rewind and pause the radio. I was waiting for the wife one day and was like "whats this (<<) button? .... Oh ****, I can rewind the radio?"

I was able to rewind the radio to the beginning of the song that was playing. I've been waiting for a reason to use this function but I guess its not that useful.. Hah..b

#107 ·
Do you have the Bose? On my stock radio the << and >> buttons change the tuner.

#95 ·
One thing I'm noticing in the cooler weather is that it if I open windows when driving, I need to open the sliding rear window otherwise it's very noisy with a harmonic hum that is hard on the ears. With the back window open I get great airflow and a much quieter experience.

Reactions: Redliner04
#100 ·
Resetting the oil life indicator see Page 1-20 in the owners manual

Display the Oil Life indicator on the DIC
Press and hold SET/CLR several seconds or

(I really like this)

turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off, with the OIL/LIFE display up,
then depress the accelerator 3 times fully in 5 seconds

Slick

Reactions: mrte and ampoholic
#101 · (Edited)
GM has had that feature for at least a decade. Probably as long as the oil life indicator existed - 1988

#104 ·
Not exactly a feature.

Has anyone with the cyber gray paint noticed that where there is no clear coat, like under the hood the paint looks green?

Reactions: PAR
#105 ·
for you guys with the paint issues. i paint cars and motorcycles for a living so ill toss this out there. the dust thing.....yeah it happens. even in the paint facilities that gm would have its impossible to never have a dust speck in a car. if they do though it should be taken care of down the production line somewhere or at the final inspection. the specs dont have to be there for the life of your truck and nothing needs repainting. if your dealer has a autobody shop like many do then swing in and tell them. honestly its a 5 min fix. tear off little squares of masking tape and go over the truck and mark every spot you want them to fix. they can knock those down and polish out prob 20 spots in a few minutes. if they charge you then it should not be hardly anything. any bodyshop can do it and even if you know a good detailer.

cara, underhood hood colors are almost always a matte or semigloss finish. with certain colors like cyber grey the clearcoat is needed to make the pearls look right which is why it looks green. cyber grey has green and blue pearl in it. i painted an older vette in cyber grey. cool color.

as for my truck, i just made the deal the other day so i will be picking it up in a few days. if i find anything not in this thread ill be sure to post it up. got a 2016 white slt with the cocoa interior.

#116 ·
By george, I think you may be right. Never noticed those buttons underneath the screen, I was talking about the arrows on the screen itself.

#120 · (Edited)
I think you guys that are saying you can rewind the radio are on drugs. I have the 8" 2016 super fancy 20 color non bose display, and all it does is take you to the next station. I'm referring to the giant arrows on the touch screen face. My old XM reciever could pause and rewind audio, but even on XM, it still just forwards to the next station. Do you have a unicorn horn on the hood?

#123 ·
No unicorn horns, but I bet some fool here in Texas has mounted some longhorns on one of these trucks.

That was one of the first features the sales guy showed me before I ordered my truck. Wasn't the selling feature for me, but I have used it a lot.

There are two sets of arrows. The hard buttons I guess search for next station, etc. I never use those. The soft buttons on the touch screen will "rewind" the tape from the radio station. It even keeps track of the song title/artist. If you change radio stations, change to media (USB, Bluetooth) it will "erase" the tape and start all over.

Heck, I have been known to get a phone call during a traffic report on the radio, answer the phone call, and after the call ends, rewind back to the traffic report.

Reactions: cgc292
#121 ·
First time I saw this detail.....

Driving home last night at 430am from a charter flight into the Cincinnati airport. Weather forecast was for a chance of the light frost for the first time this fall. I noticed that the temperature was holding at 35 for about the first 30 minutes of the drive but after exiting the interstate and driving into the still county side, the temperature was falling slowly ...34...33...32. When it hit 32 an alert appeared on the DIC screen similar to "Caution-Roads made be icy - Drive with caution" (wording may not be exact as it only stay on for about 10 seconds...)

A nice detail to alert drivers of a possible road situation.

#122 ·
Lot of new cars with temperature readouts will have that warning. Even my 2009 Wrangler gives me an icy road warning, many of them will start giving warnings at 35 deg F or lower.

One vehicle I had only used a small display for the temp, and at a certain temp it was just read ICY. Nothing else, just ICY.

#132 ·
I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but there is a tiny led maplight in the overhead console that automatically turns on at night and allows limited lighting towards the cupholder area. To test it out, just place your hand in the right spot and it will shine on it. The closer your hand gets to the console the brighter it is.

#133 ·
I assumed that was for ambiance, but I did notice it. I only drive at night so that stuff catches my attention. BTW, the interior lights are too bright, I can't imagine how bright the leds are.

Some of us use lights to look cool, some of us use them to eat Wendy's chili at 2am, I don't need a sunburn.

#139 ·
Found another nifty feature.... in the vehicle settings on the touch screen, you can set the fob to unlock just the driver's door on the first push of the button and the other three on the second push, or all four doors with one touch. Comes in handy when you're trying to load the family into the truck

#143 ·
I noticed the protective coating on the 2014 Silverados and when I was checking out my Colorado before I bought it, I noticed that it too had the protective coating on the rocker panel! That's smart! Its a good effort on GMs part to do a little more to protect our investments.

Reactions: kruzan