Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Name One feature about your truck you didn't know about

499K views 1K replies 474 participants last post by  Mad German 
#1 ·
Name one feature about your truck you didn't know about.
Ill start... there is a little clip on fuel door to hang cap when refilling!

Attachments

See less See more
#1,177 ·
Did early 'rados come with gas caps? My 2018 does not.

#1,412 ·
The sad part is it seems that GM went cheap on the Colorado. I've seen the integrated trailer brake controller (switch) on the GMC Canyon in that very spot but not on a Colorado yet. The GM parts catalog list the switch that fits in that spot. I can't find the control module listed yet (it also works with the vehicle ABS system) I'm still researching to find out more though.

#18 ·
Having researched the bajesus out of this truck, not many things came as a surprise to me. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find the very convenient cargo storage bay under the rear seats (crew cab anyway). Not the storage compartment that you have to lift up the seats to get to, the one as you open the rear doors and it's right there under the seat edge. Perfect for a pair of gloves, a towel or whatever. Well I thought it was pretty neat.... lol

#25 ·
Similar thing with me, only I'd read on this board there were no map pockets behind the seats. Found there is one behind the passenger seat but not the driver seat.
Not that I really use maps anymore but it will hold papers, magazines and whatever else will fit. Don't think I have anything in there at the moment.
Figured out the gas cap holder first time I opened the fuel door, but had something similar in a rental car at one time.
Knew about the turn signal three flash thing from my buddy's 2015 Silverado and the steering wheel controls for audio and cruise.
Signed onto the site in August and everyone was posting everything they could find out about the truck so no real surprises. Some real sleuths here were finding tons of stuff that saved me from being surprised too much.

#19 ·
On mine (has auto-climate control, so not sure if it's on all of the twins), when the AC is going full-blast and you get on a call, it lowers the fan speed so you can hear the phone call. Then, as soon as you hang up, the fan speed goes back super high. Pretty cool feature.

#20 · (Edited)
In all seriousness, I didn't realize how much fun this truck would be as a daily driver in terms of versatility or basically offering so much of a little bit of everything. I knew I liked it but the more time I've had using the truck I didn't realize or know it would have offered this much satisfaction. Then the other thing I didn't know was how much fun I'd have doing stuff to personalize it or subtle mods (Pic attached). It's been cool to indulge in making it my own. None of my other vehicles did that to me so I had no idea this truck would offer a fun factor.

#21 ·
I gotta go with the toll card slot, too... I have e-zpass, so no "toll card", but fits my work ID for entry and parking perfectly!

Reactions: Ghost_Canyon
#27 ·
I'm with you on this one, didn't know what it was till I saw it in a video. I thought it was tech for analytics, like sliding in a RFID card and pull diagnostics. Who would've figured it was a simple card slot for my gas awards cards. :surprise:

Reactions: David Wilkes
#28 ·
The feature I did not know about was that that the child safety locks were electronic and that it is on the driver's door arm rest. I some how accidently hit it the other day and my 8yo daughter said she couldn't get out. I noticed when I was getting out that there was a button with a light lit up. Never had a vehicle with electronic child safety door locks.

I like to use the "toll card thingy" to hold my Dunkin Donuts gift card so I don't have to dig it out of my wallet when I go through the drive thru to get coffee.

#156 ·
The feature I did not know about was that that the child safety locks were electronic and that it is on the driver's door arm rest. I some how accidently hit it the other day and my 8yo daughter said she couldn't get out. I noticed when I was getting out that there was a button with a light lit up. Never had a vehicle with electronic child safety door locks.
When I went to pick up my truck, while waiting for the finance guy I decided to walk outside and check out my truck some more. I hopped in the back seat to check out the leg room and then couldn't get out. I called the sales guy on his cell to come let me out. lol. I didn't know the truck had child safety locks and didn't know they were electronic or I would have reached into the front seat and hit the button. :grin2:

#31 ·
Couple of things:
- headlights go on when I turn on the wipers
- how well this thing handles. Steering feel is terrific

And a bonus - lack of ac vents for the rear seat passengers.

#34 ·
#32 ·
I was working under my driver seat and discovered there is an air vent underneath the seat on my SLT. I haven't played around with seeing what AC settings result in air being blown through it, but I thought the consensus was there was no rear ac vents. It is pretty far to the front, if you put anything under your front seats I would think it would be blocked.

Also, during the same session of work, I was verifying some fuse numbers and learning the fuse block locations, etc. Discovered that FUSE F-45 is for the BRAKE VACUUM PUMP. There was some question about how the diesel creates vacuum, appears that there is a separate pump to create vacuum, I would assume on all trucks.

#35 ·
I'm ignoring the word "one" in the thread title....

- The grooves under the center console to allow your charging/data cable to pass through while the console is closed
- Hold down the voice command button for 3 seconds while connected to bluetooth to utilize OK Google feature on Android (one of my favorite features)
- The soft open tailgate
- The flick up on the 8" screen to bring up your favorites (flick up again to show more)
- As said before, the cool storage on the very side under the rear seats
- That the vehicle has a hill assist start (parked on a steep driveway one time and it showed on the DIC when I parked)
- How you can keep all of the doors open and not have any lights stay on (makes sense, but have never had that on any vehicle of mine before.

#37 ·
WELL............. it talks to me

Was driving down the fwy and it informed me, out of the blue that the lanes ahead were smaller than normal... I think I freaked out for a bit. WTF where did that come from? how did it know the lanes were smaller than normal? Was it OnStar? Was it the GPS/Navi? it was like someone from above said dont pass those cars.. LOL.... Who was watching me? I havent gone down that same road since.

WEIRD is all I can say, anybody else have this happen?

#38 ·
I think someone told me it's the XM NavTraffic that is sending the audible alerts. I had a similar experience a while ago. Whenever I drive down a street in the city I live in I get a warning message that says "Caution! I-95 On ramp is closed". The weird thing is the on ramp I am near is actually open and not closed.

Reactions: boat
#46 ·
I now know what I am doing in the morning.

#41 ·

Attachments

Reactions: aaronx2320