Driver side lean - lean to the left - Chevy Lean (combined threads) - Page 7 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:14 PM

Here are the factors you are going to find.

1 Many are not measuring properly.

2 Many vehicles lean and are not level. Most have axles not perfectly centered under the rear too.

3 It is not uncommon to run across a rear spring to lose it curve sometimes so it can happen and it happened to any leaf spring.

Finally the fuel tank is near the center inside the frame so it will have only a small effect. You also have the exhaust on the other side.

Now if you bought it used look for a secret panel and white powder before you get pulled over. Don't laugh I have seen it happen to second owners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:15 PM

GM specks that ride height measurements be taken with a full tank of gas, so that's not the problem.

My truck (2016 LT) was an inch lower on the driver's side than the passenger side. After driving it about 5000 miles the difference was down to about 5/8 inch. Seems it was adjusting itself. Before I installed the rear anti-sway bar two weeks ago I loosened all six of the rear spring mount bolts. I then measured ride height and found that left to right was equal to as close as I could measure (less than 1/8 inch difference). I bounced the suspension around a bit to settle everything, remeasured to make sure it was still level and retorqued the six spring mount bolts. The truck sets level now. It appears the problem was nothing more than binding spring bushings. I suspect that is the cause of most of these problems. It's an easy fix that can be done in about half an hour, even if you're an old codger like myself.
mexica likes this.
post #123 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:26 PM

Unless your leaning on the front as I am. I'm a half inch lower on the driver side front...and about the same on the driver side rear.

post #124 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 06:33 PM

Mine had a lean on the front as well. It was not as much as the rear but I don't remember the exact measurement though. That went away as well.
post #125 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:30 PM

This is crazy i checked my 2016 diesel 4x4 it is off 1/2'' down on the front drivers side 7/16 down on drivers side rear. Truck has 1000 miles on it. Perhaps GM was thinking of using this truck in stock car racing, turning left all day long. Sad I might have to try and put one of those 1970s rubber coil spring spacers in there.
post #126 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:24 PM

Garage
with a quarter tank im 3/8" lower on drivers front and rear.

I just got these in today CHEVROLET COLORADO & GMC CANYON ADJUSTABLE FRONT LIFT LEVELING KIT | Proryde liftkits

on my first gen colorado, when i lowered it i used 1 extra preload ring on the front driver strut and that actually helped with the rear lean as well.

Ill post an update after i get these on, im hoping that bringing the front driver to level will bring the rear closer to level as well.

might be a few days though as i threw out my back this morning, fingers crossed...
post #127 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:16 PM

I am going to put a 2'' rc lift on the front 1'' block on the back. This coming up week. I will drive it around then recheck. Doubt if there is any diff. right now 7/16'' low left rear 1/2'' low left front. I looked at the struts and the distance to the strut boot looks too close or I would put in rubber spacer in the spring on the left side. Prolly end up putting in washers in the body mounts on left side. Fuel in tank or no fuel does not make much diff.
post #128 of 128 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:08 AM

Did the lift it is the same or worse, leaning on the left side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode