Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Plastic trim cleaner/dressing reccomendation?

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  GEE-BEE 
#1 ·
Hello all,
My 2016 Colorado is the first vehicle I've owned with the black plastic trim. Can anyone recommend their favorite product for keeping it looking good?

Thanks,
Gene

#7 ·
Definitely 303. Protecting from UV degradation is the most important to longevity.

#11 ·
I hydrodipped all of mine in carbon fiber finish : 2300.00 later

foglights bezels
front spoiler
inner grill insert
bedrails
all rear bumper trim
all emblems
20x9.5 12 spoke forged wheels
mudflaps / oem gmc
lower fender protector trim, fits under the mudflaps
lower bumper painted white
tow hooks satin black

driven one time, now waiting for parts for SEMA build..

2016 DIESEL GMC SLE / LONG

#18 ·
GEE-BEE, you have any photos of what some of those items look like that you're willing to share?

#12 ·
I applied WipeNew to the rubber seals around the windows on my Focus ST nearly a year ago (well known for looking grey and ashy a week after you buy the car) , and they're still black and shiny today.

On the Canyon, I put it on the plastic sections in the side steps & rear bumper, the plastic around the back window, the roof strips, the antenna base, and on the black plastic cowl cover and they all look great & seem to really be resisting UV fade. However...do NOT put that stuff on the bed side caps or on the tailgate handle. It gets down inside the texture on that plastic and turns grey. I need to find something else to put on those items, but everything else looks great.

#16 ·
While listening to..

#15 ·

#19 ·
Ive become a fan of Turtle Wax Ice spray. You can use it on every surface, paint, glass and plastic. So with the huge mix of those on todays cars its nice not to have to worry about switching products or if the one you are using is ok to get on one of the others. You can also use it heavy on the plastic if you like the shiny look or wipe it off a second time if you just want protection and to keep it look in black.

#20 ·
I cant now, its a Corporate sponsored SEMA build

I will be selling all the new takeoff's thou

Iam really happy with the rear painted bumper ( white ) with the carbon fiber contrast and the tow/ trailer plug and spare tire cover were done also..

Its the details...

GB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.