Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

GM Accessory Bed Cover Compatible with Sport Bar

33K views 57 replies 19 participants last post by  GiovanniZL1 
#1 ·
GM now sells a GM Accessory soft bed cover that's compatible with the sport bar:

Help protect cargo stored in the bed of your vehicle with this Premier Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover by Advantage®. This cover is designed to be fully adjustable along the length of the bed and sits above the truck bed rails, creating a smooth, stylish look. It features industrial-grade, leather-grained fabric and is weather resistant. It rolls up easily and its Automatic Tension Control keeps the cover tight. It's compatible with and without the available GM Accessories Sport Bar and with both front and rear stake pockets. Available for 5-Foot, 2-Inch Short Box models. Associated Accessories, non-GM warranty. Advantage®, a division of THI, provides a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty. For details on the warranty provided by THI, please call (877) 878-9336.

Part Name: Tonneau Cover - Premier Soft Roll-Up (with or without GM Sport Bar), for trucks, Short box by Advantage®

Part Number: 19355365 (Short Box)

Part Number: 19355366 (Long Box)

See less See more
#6 ·
I ordered one for 477 shipped. I called advantage and they said that the listing is wrong by Gm. The Tonneau Cover is actually manufactured by their sister company, truxedo. The rails have a notch that go around the sports bar, hence the compatibility (similar to the notch people around these forums have made) . I haven't received mine yet, but truxedo told me that Weather strips are provided where the rails meet the sports bar to prevent water leaking into the bed.

#20 ·
So from this picture it just looks like it is narrower than the standard tonnoeu cover. A standard cover covers more of the bed rails, mine almost completely covers up the grab holes at the rear. This picture just looks like this cover is narrower to not have to deal with the bars.

#12 ·
This is great news, I've been hoping they would make a cover for my Trail Boss. I will finely be able to use my bed more :smile2:

#19 ·
#23 ·
I had really good luck with the lund genesis, part # 960180. It had double thick foam on the side rails, so all i had to do was cut half the thickness of one of the foam layers (no metal cutting), and it fit great around the bar. Got the suggestion off the 2nd gen colorado and canyon FB page. And, it was 233.78 on Amazon

#44 ·
Now under $200 if you act quickly!

This is an older thread but if others are still looking for a tonneau cover for fitting a 2015-2019 short bed Crew cab Colorado with a GM Sport Bar and Lights (or without), there is a sale at amazon right now on this Tonneau cover:

Lund 960180 Genesis Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
Was:$259.57
Price:$244.78
Prime FREE Delivery
You Save:$14.79 (6%)
Coupon$50.00 extra savings coupon applied at checkout. Details

Free shipping if you are prime member and coupon for $50 off so only.....
$244.78-$50= $194.78 plus your sales tax.

also may be eligible for 6% prime day purchased for the next 24 hours.

Technology
Text Line Technology Font Diagram

#24 ·
I received mine and haven't installed it yet. But can confirm that there is no notch in the rail. I'm upset at the folks at truxedo. The representative I spoke to directly told me that there was one built in to get around the sports bar. My mistake for the wrong information, but I figured truxedo knew what they were talking about.

#26 ·
It will fit, but IMO its not the solution I think we were all looking for. They include a heavy gauge weather stripping to fill the gap on the side rail, rather than properly design a cut out. I almost took mine back until I called Truxedo.

I was also looking for it just as a solution to keep snow out of the bed and keep my hunting stuff relatively dry. I still don't fully understand the bulkhead seal design either. I keep thinking I installed something wrong but there really is only one way to put it on.

Reactions: robbpoe
#25 ·
I'll post pics tomorrow..too dark now. Installed mine this afternoon...it fits completely between the bedrails and the cover does NOT overlap the bedrail at all...not sure how much water this will keep out...my goal was simply to keep the bed from filling with snow and then creating a pool in my garage when it melts.

#31 ·
You can see the weather stripping between the truck bed and the rail.
I found the lack of adequate directions disturbing.

Norm....how did you do the back end...does the flappy piece of rubber where it meets the tailgate...do you close the tailgate and close it down on top of your gate...or does it hang down on the inside and you close the tailgate to meet it?

Thanks

#30 ·
I wasnt looking to keep things bone dry, just keep snow out of the bed...but we had a fairly light rain here in Kansas City today and this thing leaked around pretty much all of the edges...definitely not worth the $.

Needs to actually overlap the weatherstripping so water will run off over the bedrail instead of collecting on weatherstripping it and seeping through. Going to try more clamps and see if that slows it down more, but shouldnt be necessary for what this damn thing cost.

Attachments

#50 ·
I wasnt looking to keep things bone dry, just keep snow out of the bed...but we had a fairly light rain here in Kansas City today and this thing leaked around pretty much all of the edges...definitely not worth the $.

Needs to actually overlap the weatherstripping so water will run off over the bedrail instead of collecting on weatherstripping it and seeping through. Going to try more clamps and see if that slows it down more, but shouldnt be necessary for what this damn thing cost.
I had the same type cover on a Dodge Ram and the cover did overlap the bed rail seals and it still leaked.

#39 ·
They never did respond to my email from 1/17 so I called them today. They say that it can be set up either way with the latching...they recommend closing the cover on top of the tailgate as you get a better seal, but it can be done the other way as well.

As for the leaks, her advice was to make sure that the side rails and weatherstripping are absolutely even with the top of the bed rail (which mine are and still leak some), and also make sure track rails do not tilt to the inside. Or else you get channels where the water collects and leaks in...so I may need to tighten mine down more or get some additional clamps.

I was hoping for better information...I did express my disapproval at the lack of instructions with regard to installing the cover itself. She had no response to that.

#42 ·
The 3/8 inch box bolt has a failure of approximately 10,000 pounds of tensile and compression. That is a load failure in excess of the weight of the truck. The truck could be lifted by one bolt.

The steel c bolt clamp on the truck is a design that has a failure mode at approximately 4000 pounds. It will deform when subjected to stresses in excess of that under both tension and sheer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.