Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Leer vs ARE

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JBT 
#1 ·
Ok simple question here. I may be getting a new top. Who do you guys feel have better build quality? Leer or ARE? I bought one from one of the companies and am not insanely happy with the quality BUT Im not sure about the grass on the other side of the fence. Who do you guys feel build better tops Leer or ARE.
Thanks

#3 ·
I've just got a bunch of little things like none of my edges are smooth. and heres a pic of one of my corners that has some dripping clear coat? So thats just why Im asking who is better quality?

Attachments

#4 ·
I had a Leer, Century and now have an A.R.E., all their top of the line models. The A.R.E. is much better quality, especially the hardware and the rear door. The Leer and Century brands the rear door hardware did not last one winter and it corroded badly, Replacement parts were expensive and hard to get, no dealers had them. Dealers were useless in this endeavor and I had to call the company multiple times to get what I needed. They are not in the habit of making replacement parts available.

#5 ·
I have an ARE, mine is about in the middle part of their product line regarding price and quality wise. If I would do it again, I would buy their most expensive line of truck bed topper, cap , truck bed camper , or what ever you want to call it.

So far, I'm happy with mine. The only problem I have had is with dust getting in the bed area while driving on dirt roads. I have installed a rubber seal around my tail gate and plugged the holes in the bed for water drainage, I'm still getting dust in the bed area when on dirt roads.

#6 · (Edited)
I have had ARE Caps for over 20 years and have been very happy with them. One thing that I learned is you want to use a good dealer who installs them correctly. I guess you can find minor imperfections in all of them. I like the build quality of the ARE. Here is a video from a dealer that you might want to check out. Also, this thread. http://coloradofans.com/forums/169-2nd-gen-appearance-body/201706-caps.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.