Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Cleaning products

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  brobox 
#1 ·
So I'm coming up on two weeks with my truck now and it's filthy (this blue is never going to stay clean for long).

I was curious as to what you guys use to clean your trucks - both inside and out. Specific products that you find work very well?

#2 ·
I have used ALOT of stuff over the past 25 years being in the detail and touch-up business before and I just starting using the Chemical Guys stuff and WOW!!! its not the cheapest by any means but its a great product and I really like it. I just put the Chemical Guys JetSeal Sealant and Paint Protection on my truck and I cant even tell you now well it works I took a few pics I will try to upload them off my phone and on here. I used the Black light wax and the Jet Seal to finish it off and for the interior I use Inner Clean Interior Quick Detailer and Protectant its leaves the interior natural and NO sticky mess or shine its pretty good. Just my 2 cents and good luck on whatever you choose.

#3 ·
Hard to believe but that pic of me is actually my door panel lol If the Colorado wasn't there pretty sure no one would believe me lol. Also that 4 pack of MicroFiber towels is GREAT!!! Best ones I have used and big worked awesome with no residue both waxes come right off without all the white messy residue.

Mike

Attachments

#4 ·
Very nice!! Love the shine and the look of your truck!!

Reactions: Mgoodyke
#9 · (Edited)
Nice shines!!!

The true gauge will be the test of time.. How long will that shine and protection last.

I've been using Meguiars NXT Gen 2 polymer for about 1 year. It's just ok. Prior to NXT I used "High Tech Yellow"

IMO NXT doesn't last as long as their "High Tech Yellow" pure carnauba. Loved that stuff although it's a little harder to use.

Using Yellow (along with a clay bar) I've gotten 2-3 months of quality shine. Of course the elements have a lot to say about that!

Every wash prior to drying I spray a fine mist of Quik Detailer on the surface. Seems to maintain the wax finish longer.

I've been using CG tire dressing. A little to creamy for me. I like a more liquidy application. Probably go back to 303 when I finish this gallon.

I'm always open to new products based on recommendations

#10 ·
I use Optimum no rinse wash and wax (green bottle) and optimum opti seal.

#11 ·
On my car I've used autoglym clay, sealant, ultra shine and high definition wax. The car is now 7.5 years old with 190,***km and the paint (minus expected pits and scrapes) still looks better than when I picked it up from the dealership.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I havent really detailed the truck to its fullest since its my daily but I have detailed other vehicles.

Here is detail of a 2010 Camaro I did using Adams Polishes products. This was a full detail:

Wash
Dry
Clay bar
Paint correction
Sealant
Glaze
Wax

#16 ·
Ive been using Meguiars NXT Gen 2 polymer for my vehicles for the past few years. Easy to apply and buff with an electronic buffer. Don't have to worry about white residue on the hard plastic. But it doesn't last very long... Before this past winter (Im in Wisconsin...lots of salt on the roads!), I applied Nu-Finish in the orange bottle. So far it has been holding up very nice. The other day we got rain and it still beads up... I figure I will opt for longer protection throughout the winter vs a better shine. Next summer I will likely go back to Meguires...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.