Fender Flares - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 24Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 08:53 AM
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by lusid View Post
I'm sure this has already been asked but has anyone personally put these GM flares on their Canyon?
The GM flares fit Canyon and Colorado .. below is a pic of a canyon with them on
lusid likes this.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 03-28-2017 at 05:14 PM.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Member
 
Tank46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 37
I was VERY close to ordering a set and I was telling a friend from work about them who has a set on his 2014 Sierra. He told me I shouldn't get a set and he was thinking about taking them off his as his other truck had them and it caused rust.

Read this Fender flare questions and decided to pass...
Tank46 is offline  
post #43 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lusid View Post
I'm sure this has already been asked but has anyone personally put these GM flares on their Canyon?
IMG_20170205_135621477.jpg

I did. Snagged them for 125 bucks new in box from Craigslist.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
boombots is offline  
 
post #44 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
 
cire808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 322
Garage
So I cancelled my order today because they said the shipping cost to me was incorrect. When I placed my order through their website, it said $24.33 for shipping. I've inputted my zip code many times and that's the quote I received, until today when I received an email from them stating that they can't ship it to me at that price. The new shipping cost is $271.23. I feel that I should get my flares for the price that I was quoted online through their website. I guess sometimes when it's too good to be true, it usually isn't.

"While preparing your order for shipment I found my system will not allow me to ship an item this size to you. I was able to manually push through and get a quote through FedEx which was $271.23 at my discounted price through them. The only way I would be able to proceed would be to collect an additional $205.65 in shipping charges.

Let me know how you would like to proceed."

2016 Chevy Colorado LT/Silver Ice Metallic/3.6L DOHC V6/LT Convenience Package/Black Bowtie Emblems/AMP Research PowerSteps/Access TonnoSport Cover/Access Bed Mat/Spray Bedliner/Carbon Fiber Wrap Interior Trims/Stubby Jr/Z71 Grille Swap/BajaKits UCA/Kings 2.5 Coilover Shocks/ProComp 1" Rear Blocks/20x9 Fuel Off-Road Triton/275.55.20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2

cire808 is offline  
post #45 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 02:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 2,977
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cire808 View Post
So I cancelled my order today because they said the shipping cost to me was incorrect. When I placed my order through their website, it said $24.33 for shipping. I've inputted my zip code many times and that's the quote I received, until today when I received an email from them stating that they can't ship it to me at that price. The new shipping cost is $271.23. I feel that I should get my flares for the price that I was quoted online through their website. I guess sometimes when it's too good to be true, it usually isn't.

"While preparing your order for shipment I found my system will not allow me to ship an item this size to you. I was able to manually push through and get a quote through FedEx which was $271.23 at my discounted price through them. The only way I would be able to proceed would be to collect an additional $205.65 in shipping charges.

Let me know how you would like to proceed."

What a crock of shit!
I've sent 50lb bags of bean seed to Hawaii from FL for less than a $100.
cire808 likes this.
RatRacer is offline  
post #46 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank46 View Post
I was VERY close to ordering a set and I was telling a friend from work about them who has a set on his 2014 Sierra. He told me I shouldn't get a set and he was thinking about taking them off his as his other truck had them and it caused rust.

Read this Fender flare questions and decided to pass...

Then they were installed wrong and not prepped properly. I have a set of the GM flares on my Gen I 2005 Colorado my son still has. It is 11 going on 12 years old and there is no rust caused by loose and rubbing fender flares.

If the paint around the wheel openings is cleaned of all wax/polish and the flares are applied properly they will stick like iron. The other thing is, if they were applied in cooler weather when the 3M tape won't adhere properly, then there will be issues.

For anyone buying them, clean the paint thorougly, make sure there is no residue or film, and apply in a warm climate (+70 degrees) or a well heated garage.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #47 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 03:42 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Seattle
Posts: 14
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
Not what I got them for.

When I calculated it was $206 +$13.27 or about $220.

Here's shipping to your location:

Fender Flares < < Click on Link

Part Number: 84059964
$206.25 $206.25 Continue Shopping

Please Note: Our part fitment tool is used as an approximation. We will verify your order upon completion to insure correct fitment. Please provide the VIN during checkout so that we can verify the parts ordered. If you have any questions regarding part fitment please contact us at Parts@gmpartshouse1.com.
  • Subtotal Amount: $206.25
  • Estimated Shipping to Evansville, WI: $13.27
  • Promo codes and additional shipping options available at checkout.
Something is definitely wrong with their shipping calc engine. I show $280 just for shipping. I think they are sending it to me in an Uber Towncar for that rate.

Estimated Shipping to Puyallup, WA: $279.89
robotpedlr is offline  
post #48 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotpedlr View Post
Something is definitely wrong with their shipping calc engine. I show $280 just for shipping. I think they are sending it to me in an Uber Towncar for that rate.

Estimated Shipping to Puyallup, WA: $279.89
Yes , I noted that in several posts throughout this thread.

It isn't just one vendor. There are a number of these GM parts sites that all look almost the same except for the name. And they all come up with ridiculous shipping amount or a very low one like I received. I think you are right and their shipping calculator is wonky.

You can still find them on Ebay for $247 shipped I think. . or I just checked at GMpartsnow - - - -
Fender Flares Part Number: 84059964



$247.50 $247.50 Continue Shopping Empty Cart
Update
  • Subtotal Amount: $247.50
  • Estimated Shipping to Seattle, WA: $24.33

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #49 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Z71CYBER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Posts: 372
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cire808 View Post
So I cancelled my order today because they said the shipping cost to me was incorrect. When I placed my order through their website, it said $24.33 for shipping. I've inputted my zip code many times and that's the quote I received, until today when I received an email from them stating that they can't ship it to me at that price. The new shipping cost is $271.23. I feel that I should get my flares for the price that I was quoted online through their website. I guess sometimes when it's too good to be true, it usually isn't.

"While preparing your order for shipment I found my system will not allow me to ship an item this size to you. I was able to manually push through and get a quote through FedEx which was $271.23 at my discounted price through them. The only way I would be able to proceed would be to collect an additional $205.65 in shipping charges.

Let me know how you would like to proceed."

did you try the parts dept at Servco Waipahu, he is pretty reasonable, generally quotes the reg price and then offer the 10% discount. No need to pay the ship fees.

2015 Z71 V6 Cyber grey 2 Wheel Drive Crew Cab Long bed
Diablo Trinity T1000 Tuner | Trail Boss Wheels l Duratrac 265/65/17 l Eibach Fronts (2.0") / Rear Shocks l Swaybar reloc brckt l End links l Peragon Bed Cover | K&N Drop in Filter | 30% Ceramic Tint | AVS Hood Deflector / Visors | Weathertec Front /Rear Mud Flaps | OEM Fender Flares l Carbonfiber Bow Tie | OEM BedLiner | OEM Tow Hitch | N Fab Sidesteps | OEM Z71 Mats
Z71CYBER is offline  
post #50 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 01:48 AM
Senior Member
 
cire808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 322
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71CYBER View Post
did you try the parts dept at Servco Waipahu, he is pretty reasonable, generally quotes the reg price and then offer the 10% discount. No need to pay the ship fees.
I called them a couple months back and they quoted me $399+tax for the fenders lol. @Ronumhard said they charged him only $275.

2016 Chevy Colorado LT/Silver Ice Metallic/3.6L DOHC V6/LT Convenience Package/Black Bowtie Emblems/AMP Research PowerSteps/Access TonnoSport Cover/Access Bed Mat/Spray Bedliner/Carbon Fiber Wrap Interior Trims/Stubby Jr/Z71 Grille Swap/BajaKits UCA/Kings 2.5 Coilover Shocks/ProComp 1" Rear Blocks/20x9 Fuel Off-Road Triton/275.55.20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2

cire808 is offline  
post #51 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 02:07 AM
Member
 
Ronumhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by cire808 View Post
I called them a couple months back and they quoted me $399+tax for the fenders lol. @Ronumhard said they charged him only $275.
Yeah I got mines pretty cheap especially from servco. That's why I was surprised they charged you full pop! Let me see if I can contact the Person I ordered my flares from @ servco and I'll let you know.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Ronumhard is offline  
post #52 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 03:40 AM
Senior Member
 
cire808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 322
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronumhard View Post
Yeah I got mines pretty cheap especially from servco. That's why I was surprised they charged you full pop! Let me see if I can contact the Person I ordered my flares from @ servco and I'll let you know.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Thanks bro. Please let me know if you can get a hold of him. Or I'll try again myself. How's your truck going? Sometimes I see a lifted silver Colorado with flares heading west bound in the mornings while I'm in the zipper lane. Is that you?
cire808 is offline  
post #53 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:38 AM
Member
 
Ronumhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by cire808 View Post
Thanks bro. Please let me know if you can get a hold of him. Or I'll try again myself. How's your truck going? Sometimes I see a lifted silver Colorado with flares heading west bound in the mornings while I'm in the zipper lane. Is that you?
Np. Yups if its around 6:30-6:45am heading back west, that's me going home from work. My truck is going good. I just installed a hypertech tuner and that thing does wonders. I'll let you know asap when I get in contact with the guys @ servco.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Ronumhard is offline  
post #54 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 12:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 88
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhr900ss View Post
Bushwackers done today. Tiny amount of rubbing at low speed turning left from the left wheel only.
Nice truck man! They look great! I wish they sat flat so it'd work with factory wheels/tires....lol.

2016 Colorado LT, Crew Cab
LT Convenience Package
Chevy (factory) Drop-in Bedliner
Black - Westin Pro Traxx 4" Oval Nerf Bars
TonnoPro Tri-fold Tonneau
AVS In-Channel Window Visors

Last edited by beefymc; 03-11-2017 at 12:42 PM.
beefymc is offline  
post #55 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 02:05 PM
Senior Member
 
crabbcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 100
Send a message via AIM to crabbcat Send a message via MSN to crabbcat
Fed Ex has new shipping rates this year, any box over 48" long gets dinged now. Used to be 63" last year. Combine that with oversize and your screwed. Doesn't matter if it weighs 5 lbs...lol They started dinging me hard on shipping this year until i figured it out. If you really want them have them freight them. Around 100 bucks freight. I really want bushwackers but they are like 500 shipped..

2016 Colorado WT/3.6/ Ex cab/4x4/G80/Tow package/ Z71 wheels & tires/Zone1.25 /bowtie floor mats/Kenwood double din/ Westin oval step bars/GM bed mat&tailgate protector/tinted windows&eyebrow/aftermarket fogs/badges blacked out/partial air dam delete/AVS Aero skin hood protector, Trifold hard cover. Pedal Commander
crabbcat is offline  
post #56 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcat View Post
Fed Ex has new shipping rates this year, any box over 48" long gets dinged now. Used to be 63" last year. Combine that with oversize and your screwed. Doesn't matter if it weighs 5 lbs...lol They started dinging me hard on shipping this year until i figured it out. If you really want them have them freight them. Around 100 bucks freight. I really want bushwackers but they are like 500 shipped..
The carton my GM flares came in was actuall just under 48" - - about 46 1/4". I still think they goofed because I only paid $13.27 shipping. Now it comes up $231.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #57 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 05:00 PM
Senior Member
 
crabbcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 100
Send a message via AIM to crabbcat Send a message via MSN to crabbcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
The carton my GM flares came in was actuall just under 48" - - about 46 1/4". I still think they goofed because I only paid $13.27 shipping. Now it comes up $231.
Then they are just tacking on shipping to increase profit. I would never ever buy anything there....lol

2016 Colorado WT/3.6/ Ex cab/4x4/G80/Tow package/ Z71 wheels & tires/Zone1.25 /bowtie floor mats/Kenwood double din/ Westin oval step bars/GM bed mat&tailgate protector/tinted windows&eyebrow/aftermarket fogs/badges blacked out/partial air dam delete/AVS Aero skin hood protector, Trifold hard cover. Pedal Commander
crabbcat is offline  
post #58 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Nutley, NJ
Posts: 1,551
With all this talk about the insane shipping prices, has anyone gone to their dealer's parts dept and just asked what they charge to get them direct that way? They may price the flares a little higher but Ive never heard of a dealer charging extra to have it shipped directly to them.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
Toughsox is online now  
post #59 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Member
 
HusqyChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 32
Garage
Had mine shipped to and installed at dealer before I picked up the truck. I didn't have to pay any crazy shipping price. I think they look great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mycolorado.jpg (104.0 KB, 135 views)
Toughsox and Agfadoc like this.
HusqyChik is offline  
post #60 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
With all this talk about the insane shipping prices, has anyone gone to their dealer's parts dept and just asked what they charge to get them direct that way? They may price the flares a little higher but Ive never heard of a dealer charging extra to have it shipped directly to them.
Depends on the dealer. I got prices of $299 Plus installation and up to $399 for just the flares.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome