Did you Settle for your Color? - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:05 AM

Haven't bought yet, first I wanted cyber gray.

Now I'm debating ordering a hot burning metallic when they become available.

But I'm also tempted by Laura's prices and this loaded CCSB 2wd slt in red quartz is starting to call my name.

Oh the decisions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg burning hot metallic.JPG (24.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg red slt.JPG (143.2 KB, 69 views)
Toughsox, RandyNC and Duken4evr like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Waldrop View Post
Haven't bought yet, first I wanted cyber gray.

Now I'm debating ordering a hot burning metallic when they become available.

But I'm also tempted by Laura's prices and this loaded CCSB 2wd slt in red quartz is starting to call my name.

Oh the decisions.
The MSRP on that truck is even pretty low...what is it missing? No BOSE/NAV? My MSRP on my All Terrain was over $41000. Never mind...that is the 2WD..that is why it is so low:)

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic

Last edited by BeastStarr68; 04-05-2017 at 11:12 AM.
post #23 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStarr68 View Post
The MSRP on that truck is even pretty low...what is it missing? No BOSE/NAV? My MSRP on my All Terrain was over $41000. Never mind...that is the 2WD..that is why it is so low:)
Yeah, 2wd v6 slt with trailering package, nav and bose.
Test Drive this 2017 Red Quartz Tintcoat GMC Canyon at Laura Buick GMC in Collinsville. Buick & GMC St Louis Dealer. 1GTG5DEN1H1212567

post #24 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Waldrop View Post
Thats a pretty truck at a nice price! If my dealer had that color in the All terrain i would have purchased it. 4WD is nice to have, but if it is bad enough to use it in Frisco you should probably stay home anyway. Those Dallas ICE storms are no fun. I have it but will rarely use it in 4x4 in Charlotte. We want to move to the Asheville area. I am originally from WV and I really miss the mountains.
Hal Waldrop likes this.

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
post #25 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:30 AM

Garage
I settled for my white WT - luckily it had z71 wheels so it looked nicer. Gonna add the fog lights next...but definitely settled. Stayed within my budget.

STILL LOVE IT THOUGH.

2016 Colorado WT Crew Cab 2.5L
post #26 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:36 AM

Garage
Wanted Pull me over Red, Wifey said nope.... settled for black, looks great clean but a bitch keeping it that way. Anyway, I LOVE the truck.

2016 Canyon CrewCab BabyDmax
2004 Canyon CrewCab 315000 miles
post #27 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:45 AM

I can gladly say that I did not have to settle. I've owned a ton of cars in my short life and have always settled. Wrong color, not 4wd, smaller engine, poor stock radio, cloth seats, etc... I really think this truck was meant for me. I've been looking for about 15 months and finally found one in my price range that fit all my criteria. 2016 Red Hot Z71, 3.6L, Crew Cab, Short bed, 5,000 miles, GM Spray in Bedliner, Bose, Tow Hitch, and Off Road step bars. All for $29,400. Drove 3 hours to get it and bought it on first sight. Didn't even sit in it. No test drive or anything. Bought it from a Ford dealer that didn't know what they had and can honestly saying this is my favorite car/truck I've ever owned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170401_215144.jpg (421.1 KB, 64 views)
JBT, RandyNC, Duken4evr and 1 others like this.
post #28 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:48 AM

I wanted the Red Hot when I was looking at Chevys.

I also had considered Cajun Red.

Then I went back to GMC and found a really good deal on Bronze Metallic but paid a little more for a Quartz Red [Cajun Red at Chevy] for a Denali because I wanted the color.

I love black but have two of them now and no more black.

Nothing wrong with Bronze Metallic but my wife's GMC is already a similar color. Also I wanted a Red.

To me I was willing to pay more for the color I wanted and no settling here.
post #29 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 02:48 PM

Nope, got the red I wanted (was pure luck)

Already looking for ideas
post #30 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 02:50 PM

I wouldn't say that I settled for a color, but I bought a color that I had never purchased before because it looked so good. I got white. IMO, the Canyon All Terrain looks great in white.
Two Door likes this.
post #31 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 03:47 PM

Garage
I went in wanting a Red CC SB 4x4 and walked out with a Laser Blue CC LB 4x4 LT with tow package and other little things. Didn't settle just changed my mind after seeing them in person.

2016 Chevy Colorado LT CC LB 4x4 Laser Blue(bought 2/22/16)
Bed Mat-Gator Tonneau Cover-Husky Floor Mats-Pink Camo Seat Covers-Colorado Trailer Hitch Cover-Dale Jr License Plate Frames-Tough Country 1.25 Level Kit
post #32 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 06:35 PM

I pulled the trigger as 2016 production was phasing out. Getting the Red Rock color was not non-negotiable, but it was a pretty high priority. There were a couple locally that were close in options, but dealers weren't bending over backward to deal. Fortunately one dealer was able to dealer trade and offer a good price on one two hundred miles away with the perfect configuration.
post #33 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 06:53 PM

I wanted a Cardinal Red Canyon with crew cab and long bed. Color was non-negotiable for me as well as all the options I have on the truck. I get compliments every where I go with my truck.

2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain 4 wheel drive crew cab with 6' bed in Cardinal Red. Mods, Pedal Commander and Elite E-2 catch can.
post #34 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 07:03 PM

Garage
I really like Brownstone and have gotten a lot of complements. I ordered it so you can't say I settled and is my favorite color of what is offered.
That said, I still feel like I somewhat settled on Brownstone. I really think these trucks would look good in green, but not the dark green they had for awhile. The ZR2 has a Deepwoods Green which I would have ordered if available (and we wouldn't be having this conversation either). I have seen some other vehicles out there where I said "THAT would look good on a Colorado!". One I remember for sure was on some sort of newer Mazda. I have also seen a Ford with a nice color green, I think it was a small SUV of some kind. Just kind of a medium green with a metallic in it.

2017 Crew Cab Long Box Z71 V6 4WD Brownstone
post #35 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamloco76 View Post
I park in very dirty, dusty locations and live where coal and flyash hauling trucks are every other vehicle on the road, so Silver Ice Metallic was my choice. Deep metallic reds and blues are my favorite truck colors, however after seeing how bad my 2013 Silverado in Deep Ruby Metallic looked all the time, back to silver I went. Found the truck in dealer stock with the exact package I wanted too.
Yep, settled, I do like that silver.....oh well gotta stick with white unless someone wants to trade me. lol

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block, diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil, black, warranty voiding catch can from the devil
post #36 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 08:10 PM

I settled, but very happy, it does look good. now I just need a new boat to match the truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
post #37 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 08:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
Our 2016 Colorado is rainforest green. A color that was unfortunately short lived. We love it! I don't know why Chevy got rid of it.
This is the color I wanted! Couldn't find it, and found the truck I wanted at the right price, except that color. Love my current truck, and the white Z71 does look really good, but still love the green.

1986 Ford F250 4x4 6.9 diesel banks turbo (built motor)
1997 Ford Crown Victoria (recently retired dd of 19yrs)
2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71
post #38 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 08:22 PM

No settling here. I have a Red Hot ZR2 on order to keep my 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS company. If the Red Hot had not been available on the ZR2, that would have been a deal breaker for me. I was willing to keep driving my full-size Z71 with 181,000 miles rather than order a ZR2 in another color. I have a thing for red vehicles: fire trucks, ambulances, etc.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends." - REK
"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." - PG
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - MT
"All bleeding stops eventually." - Z71 EMT
"Stay safe! Everyone goes home." - UNK

2017 Red Hot ZR2 V6 CC SWB
post #39 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 08:44 PM

I could shoot myself....the day I went to the dealership to order my Canyon it was going to be Cardinal Red/Cocodune. When I arrived at the dealership they had a black/black long box sitting out front all cleaned up......I swore I would never have another black vehicle.....go ahead and shoot me......I changed my mind after seeing the black Canyon! When I got home I told my wife what I had done and her only comment...."I don't want to hear you complaining that you can't keep it clean"! So I've bit my lip.....my black truck looks incredible.....but I've got no one to blame but me....I should have ordered what I went over there to order. This black truck owns me since I'm so darn fussy about how it looks. And to top it off the the dealer's wash boy scratched the living daylights out of the black paint washing it! I brought it home and spent over 40 hours on it with a 2-stage polish and a ceramic coating.....now I used Blackfire Black Ice on top of that. Its beautiful....but the work it takes to keep it that way has me questioning my sanity! Never again!
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Tractman; 04-05-2017 at 08:50 PM.
post #40 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 09:43 PM

Garage
Well, I thought I'd settled at first. Went in to the dealer to order a dark green crew long box. When we walked into the showroom there was a summit white with everything we wanted. Since then, I've fallen in love with my stormtrooper Colorado. White couldn't have been a better choice.

"Stormtrooper"
2016 Colorado Z71 - Crew Cab - Long Box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode