Did you Settle for your Color? - Page 5 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf1958 View Post
I had a cyber grey All Terrain I "settled" for. Loved the truck and kept it a year but wanted red with a Duramax. They were scarce in these parts. Looked online and local dealer showed a red hot z71 in stock. Went to local dealer and they said it wasn't in stock but showed to be coming in. I put my name on it as it was ordered for stock. It showed up the next day. I attached the first pic I ever took of it. Not only was it the right drive train and color. It had just about all the OEM goodies I wanted ordered OEM with the truck. Even better the dealer was having a slow month and it was late in the month and they gave me a decent discount. Unheard of in Amarillo TX. Had it a year now and still loving it! Didn't settle this time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes the stars line up.

If I ever do order I do want to get a photo like this when it comes in.
papasmurf1958 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 06:59 PM

No. I ordered my color.

"Brownstone Bumblebee" 2016 Diesel Colorado Z71 CCSB 4X4, Brownstone Metallic
HPD and Provent 200 Catch Cans, Amsoil Fluids, MetalMan Front Differential, Engine Oil Pan, & Steering Motor Skid Plate, Undercover Swing Cases
Say No! to Wheelers's Offroad!

"I respect everyone's opinion, no matter how wrong it may be."
post #83 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 08:22 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CPTTango30 Send a message via MSN to CPTTango30
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post
I almost always do a search on the MFG web site and even auto trader to see who has what and then make the deal with the local dealer that normally gives me a good deal. I then tell them what I want and 9 times out of ten they find the same one I found and arrange a dealer trade.

Every time I expected to order I have always had my new vehicle in 3 days or less with the trade. My Malibu also came from NY to Ohio and we just happen to buy it here it was a prior dealer trade.

The only color I had to settle on was my HHR SS where it is black and I wanted red. The truth is I really wanted black but did not really want two black cars. But it was the end of the year and we went all over to get the SS and could not get a Red one with the red and black interior. I had to chose color or interior and I went to black as I loved the color and the duel tone interior made it look better than all black. So in a way I did have to change but really went back to my first love black. It was my third black car.

All others unless used were the colors I wanted or were more than happy with when I found them.

Kind of like my Denali. I originally wanted Red Hot ZR2 but after I found Red Hot was not on the list I discovered Cajun Red. Then I got fed up with the Chevy dealers lies and incompetence on trying to order that I went to GMC and the Denali was in Red Quartz the same as Cajun Red and I would not have picked another color for the truck.

Note in the end I did not settle for the Denali either as I had originally looked at it but they were not dealing. when the price came down to SLT range I was all in after the drive. Nothing wrong with the ZR2 but most of my miles are daily drive and it really is the truck I should have gone with in the first place. I just had to wait till the price came to me. They are a good deal when you take some off the sticker.

Wow you actually wanted an HHR? I drive one for work and that is the single worst car I've ever driven. I'm not tall I'm 5'11". But for the life of me I can't see out of that thing. I have to sit 4 cars back from a stop light to see it. If I don't I have to lean forward and lean my head over to the passenger side of the car. If I don't want to do either of those I have to cram my knees to the dash and lean the seat way back. And who's bright idea was to put the window buttons on the bottom center of the dash?

Fubar2016 likes this.

post #84 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 09:14 PM

I wanted Summit White to replace my 2011 Summit White Silverado. The Silverdo still looked new at 88,000 miles so I am sold on white.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3924_1492391610209.jpg (129.3 KB, 29 views)
post #85 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTTango30 View Post
Wow you actually wanted an HHR? I drive one for work and that is the single worst car I've ever driven. I'm not tall I'm 5'11". But for the life of me I can't see out of that thing. I have to sit 4 cars back from a stop light to see it. If I don't I have to lean forward and lean my head over to the passenger side of the car. If I don't want to do either of those I have to cram my knees to the dash and lean the seat way back. And who's bright idea was to put the window buttons on the bottom center of the dash?

First off don't knock an SS unless you have driven one.

Few were made but with the GM tune it was 300 HP and 315 torque with 23 psi of boost. Add to that the The GM Performance Divisons suspension tuning that provided a Nurburgring 8 min lap time. It is far from the normal HHR. Also if you were dumb enough it can reach 160 mph.

As for the window buttons mine were on the doors.

As for fitting I am 5/11 and had no issue. Sure it had a bunker feel but I am used to driving special an unique vehicles.

There is no need to be 4 cars back at a light and you only have issues if you are too stupied to pull to far under the light.

As for arms and legs unless you have alligator arms it is not much of an issue.

Adapting to it was no more difficult than it is for a Corvette it Hummer.

If you had that much trouble adapting you would never make it as a true Hot rodder you could never handle a chopped coupe.

Hey for the money it was a good buy and it has held its value. It got great mpg and could haul a lot of cargo.

The best part was when a guy in a Mustang tried to leave you and you keep with him. Then it making him ask how you did that made any minor issues worth it.
Jwzg likes this.

Last edited by hyperv6; 04-16-2017 at 10:29 PM.
post #86 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 10:41 PM

Sort of

Was looking at the Cajun color, but the Graphite Met. is pretty cool. Harder to keep clean though. And it just figures my dealers gets a Cajun in about a week after I bought mine, really... That did gripe me a bit. Oh well I like my color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clean.jpg (319.3 KB, 37 views)

2017 Graphite Metallic Z71 Colorado Crew Cab
3.6L 8sp auto 4x4 with Locking Rear Diff
American Tonneau Tri-Fold Tonno Cover
Bed Rug
Lund 5" Oval Stainless Side Steps
WeatherTech Splash Guards
Finish protected by Dodo Juice, Chemical Guys, McKee's 37, & Turtle Wax
post #87 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:22 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CPTTango30 Send a message via MSN to CPTTango30
Quote:
There is no need to be 4 cars back at a light and you only have issues if you are too stupid (Fixed your spelling) to pull too far under the light.
Where I drive you often have no choice but, to pull up under a light. I am far from a genius but I am not STUPID at all.

I have spent many hours behind the wheel of a Corvette and an HMMWV (Oh wait HUMMER). I have also spent many hours behind the wheel of many other vehicles.

I just don't like the HHR.

A true hot rodder. LOL. Spent over half my life working on Hot rods.
post #88 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTTango30 View Post
Where I drive you often have no choice but, to pull up under a light. I am far from a genius but I am not STUPID at all.

I have spent many hours behind the wheel of a Corvette and an HMMWV (Oh wait HUMMER). I have also spent many hours behind the wheel of many other vehicles.

I just don't like the HHR.

A true hot rodder. LOL. Spent over half my life working on Hot rods.

You are fine to hate if you like but you could work on your accuracy and delivery.
Many of the most satisfying or fun cars can hold many compromises.

Having lived with mine and enjoying it I first hand can not complain a bit. Yes there are a few things I would like to have changed but it is what it is.

It has hauled, run 13 sec 1/4 miles and gotten 32 highway, when I sell it I will see over half of what I paid come back and few cars today will do that over 10 years,

For the money it was a good deal and I just could bring myself to by a first gen Canyon. Just did not like them and needed to replace my Sonoma.

That experiment is over and went fine. The new Canyon has replaced it and we move on.
post #89 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 07:21 PM

Definitely did not settle. My dealer said they could get the exact truck I wanted on a trade, CCSB Z71 diesel 4x4 w/ Bose. Would have settled if they could've got one of three colors, Silver being my first choice. After 3 days and no response I found one at a dealer 80 miles away. Weren't willing to give me the 10% GM was offering but did do the costco discount, 3k off plus $700 Costco cash, so about the same anyway. Didn't want to let it get away or wait, especially since the diesel 4x4's are hard to come by in Socal. Paid 40k including TT&L. Not the best deal, but got exactly what I wanted, and don't regret it one bit.
post #90 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 08:50 AM

Garage
I went to the dealer after having settled on a GM site-configured cyber grey Colorado, but after seeing it in person, instead chose the graphite metallic. The grey just seemed too blah to me whereas I liked how the graphite changes colors, yet is still subdued.

I also like the laser blue and the forest green (unavailable) quite a bit. But the blue seems too flashy for a truck, and I can't help but think 'park ranger' when I see a green pickup. lol

"Ragnar": 2017 Duramax 4x4 Z71
-----------------------------------
04/20: Ordered at dealer
04/25: Accepted by GM (2000)
04/26: TPW 05/08 given (3000)
04/29: Vehicle ready to build (3300)
05/05: Order sent to production (3400)
05/13: 0946 AM, Ragnar is born
05/17: Delivered to dealership (5000)
05/24: Delivered to me (6000)
post #91 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 09:15 AM
JW

Garage
Wanted green and I ordered a Deepwood Green ZR2.

If your buying off the lot around me: 80% of the Colorado's are Black!

Don't know why GM or the local dealers are pushing black exterior and interiors?

John
post #92 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW View Post
Don't know why GM or the local dealers are pushing black exterior and interiors?
Because black is the best truck color I suppose...
post #93 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 04:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2016 View Post
Because black is the best truck color I suppose...
Perhaps for some, but not for me. Yesterday and today it was 90 degrees and when I got in the truck it felt surprisingly cool inside. Also I was putting something in the bed and noticed that up close the tailgate is really dirty and dusty. From a few steps away though, it's hardly noticeable. Compare that to my white VW and there's a huge difference. For me, Silver is the way to go :)
Fubar2016 likes this.

2017 Ice Silver Metallic Colorado CCSB 4x4 Z71 Duramax

post #94 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 04:40 PM

Garage
Lee Majors took my color scheme and hood sticker concept.
I had to settle for Graphite.

I hope he falls from a tall building.......
post #95 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 05:13 PM

While I do like the color of my Canyon I do wish that other colors were offered. I would have liked the blue that the Colorado comes in.

2017 Canyon Denali
4X4 V6
JBT likes this.
post #96 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawman View Post
Perhaps for some, but not for me. Yesterday and today it was 90 degrees and when I got in the truck it felt surprisingly cool inside. Also I was putting something in the bed and noticed that up close the tailgate is really dirty and dusty. From a few steps away though, it's hardly noticeable. Compare that to my white VW and there's a huge difference. For me, Silver is the way to go :)
My last car that I owned for 7 years was black and now my truck is too so I know all about dust. About every two or three days I need to dust it off. But I just like the way it looks when it's shined up. The car I had before that was silver. And I agree silver stays clean looking even when it's dirty. Never noticed my black car or truck being hot inside really - and I live in Florida. Wife's car is a silver CRV and I can't notice any real difference when it's parked in the sun. I should do a test with a thermometer and see if it's really true (could be). I think I like all of the Colorado/Canyon colors except one and I'm not saying which so that no one gets offended. Real happy with it at 2500 miles.
post #97 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 07:09 PM

Sort of.

I bought a Silver Canyon All-Terrain. I really like that wild orange that was available on the '16 Colorado but it wasn't an option on the GMC with the All-Terrain package...which is kinda lame but not that big a deal.
post #98 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 10:20 PM
JHP

Garage
Got my perfect color. Summit White on 2017 Canyon Crew Cab short box. LOVE IT!
post #99 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 10:32 PM
KMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewabbs View Post
Lee Majors took my color scheme and hood sticker concept.
I had to settle for Graphite.

I hope he falls from a tall building.......
Now THAT is a truck. That is a beautiful truck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
drewabbs likes this.
post #100 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 11:41 PM

Ordered Kinetic Blue Metallic for my 2018, however I can't show it as the truck is not here yet. The color is a little darker than the current Laser Blue Metallic and is the same dark blue as used on the newer Camaro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode