• 1 Post By kevin1
  • 1 Post By Browneye
  • 1 Post By Browneye

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
bbc

GM Floor Mats for Colorado

I got these for my birthday.
I highly recommend them for you Colorado (if you want to keep the bow-tie logo theme going in your truck)
I was originally going to get WeatherTech (I had them in my Equinox and they worked well)

The one thing I like about these over the WeatherTech is the back floor mats actually come apart in the middle (so you don't have to drag the whole back floor mat out as one piece!)

For 50 or 60 bucks more, you can buy front floor mats with a stainless steel logo. I opted to save my money. I took a silver sharpie and painted the bow-tie logo.
I'm sure it'll wear down over time (maybe put some nail polish on it or some sort of sealer)

These are built just as well (if not better than WeatherTech) - probably built by the same company lol.

I hated to step on them this morning and get them dirty (especially before taking the picture - but that's what they're made for!)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Floor Mat 1.jpg (180.9 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg Floor Mat 2.jpg (204.7 KB, 138 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 11:28 AM

Garage
Yep. I have them in my Canyon with the GMC logo. The floor liners are better than WeatherTech in my opinion, the cover more carpet. It is nice than they come apart in the rear liner. Makes removing to clean really easy. I normally just spray cleaner and use a waffle weave towel while in the car to clean them good under normal conditions. When they get really muddy because of rain and being out in the boonies its nice to take them out in the drive way, throw a little soap and take brush to them and hose em off.

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 12:17 PM

Mine came with them, but two years ago they had a gold-colored bow-tie emblem. :)

Chris Brown
2015 Colorado LT Ext-Cab 4X4 • I4 • Black/Black • Bose & Nav
Link for DIY: Cargo/Dog Platform Build For Ext-Cab

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 06:10 PM

I love mine too!! I wish they made them for the wife's equinox though. Until then the weathertechs will do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2016 Colorado 4X4 EXT Cab LT Midnight Edition
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 07:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc View Post
I got these for my birthday.
I highly recommend them for you Colorado (if you want to keep the bow-tie logo theme going in your truck)
I was originally going to get WeatherTech (I had them in my Equinox and they worked well)

The one thing I like about these over the WeatherTech is the back floor mats actually come apart in the middle (so you don't have to drag the whole back floor mat out as one piece!)

For 50 or 60 bucks more, you can buy front floor mats with a stainless steel logo. I opted to save my money. I took a silver sharpie and painted the bow-tie logo.
I'm sure it'll wear down over time (maybe put some nail polish on it or some sort of sealer)

These are built just as well (if not better than WeatherTech) - probably built by the same company lol.

I hated to step on them this morning and get them dirty (especially before taking the picture - but that's what they're made for!)

Those look great. I wish mine fit that well. I have big gaps near the tops. I brought them back to the dealer and they told me basically what others in the thread I posted this to before (Maxliners floor mats, impressions / help? ) said: leave them out in the sun and let them warm up or use a hair dryer to warm them up and bend them into shape. I don't own a hair dryer and it hasn't been above 70 here except maybe one time since I got them. I'm thinking about just returning them and getting another set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170411_182203_rotated_mat (1).jpg (589.4 KB, 90 views)

2017 Ice Silver Metallic Colorado CCSB 4x4 Z71 Duramax

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 08:01 PM

I've always been a Husky Liners guy and I'm impressed with the GM version. It was great they were "included", I didn't have to shell out $200 bucks after I left the dealership.

2016 Colorado Duramax
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 08:26 PM

I have the GMC version and I love them.

I have the weathertech in the Terrain and just never liked them.

The GM ones are a better version of the Husky model.

I would highly like to recommend them.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 10:59 AM

I like mine as well, softer rubber when compared to the Weathertech...and less expensive.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 11:54 AM

Garage
My '17 Z71 Midnight came with them and the gold emblem

2017 Colorado 3.6L CC SB 4X4 Midnight Edition, 3" Off Road Step Bars, Rev Folding Box cover, Weather Tech mud flaps
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 12:16 PM

Garage
I have the Huskys and I'm considering swapping them for the GM mats. There are way too many ridges in the new design to clean quickly, and they catch dirt way too easily, so you have to clean them more often. I don't know why they don't still do the diamondplate Husky liners, like they used to. Those were perfect.

vi et armis invictus maneo..
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 02:42 PM
KMW

Are these secured to the floor by hooks or anything so they don't slide around like some of the carpet ones are?

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 07:43 AM

Garage
My 17 Z71 came with them and they do fit well. My only concern is they seem a little thin compared to some generic ones I had gotten many years ago at SamsClub. I have moved them between several vehicles. The GM ones don't seem like they will capture much crud or liquids in a spill.

@KMW, the driver side has the 2 buttons(?) that snap into floor, the others are nicely shaped to ft right up to the edges so I haven't noticed them moving at all. In the rear the 2 pieces don't stay snapped together for me though. Probably need to try again.
KMW likes this.

2017 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z71 Midnight Edition
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 07:56 AM
24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawman View Post
Those look great. I wish mine fit that well. I have big gaps near the tops. I brought them back to the dealer and they told me basically what others in the thread I posted this to before (Maxliners floor mats, impressions / help? ) said: leave them out in the sun and let them warm up or use a hair dryer to warm them up and bend them into shape. I don't own a hair dryer and it hasn't been above 70 here except maybe one time since I got them. I'm thinking about just returning them and getting another set.
Run the truck with the heater on high on the floor vent setting for 10 minutes or so. That will likely warm them up so you can shape them a little.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 12:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
Run the truck with the heater on high on the floor vent setting for 10 minutes or so. That will likely warm them up so you can shape them a little.
Thanks, tried that. Didn't make any difference.

2017 Ice Silver Metallic Colorado CCSB 4x4 Z71 Duramax

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 11:55 PM
KMW

Does anyone know if these work with the vinyl flooring? Are there still the points the mat snaps to?

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:51 PM
KMW

Ok, I've found some videos that showed the floor enough to see there are no anchor hooks on the vinyl floor.

Has anyone run the GM floor liners, or any other; Husky, Weathertech,etc., with a vinyl floor? Anyone?

Last edited by KMW; 05-17-2017 at 09:54 PM.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
Ok, I've found some videos that showed the floor enough to see there are no anchor hooks on the vinyl floor.

Has anyone run the GM floor liners, or any other; Husky, Weathertech,etc., with a vinyl floor? Anyone?
Well, the natural question would be 'why', since you already have a waterproof vinyl floor covering. [shrug]
rynoman03 likes this.

Chris Brown
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:12 AM
KMW

Makes it easy to slip them out and dump the dirt/mud out. Also prevents wearing a heel hole by the throttle pedal.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:48 PM

I doubt they would move around easily on a vinyl floor. Maybe try them without the hold-posts? Passenger side doesn't have any anyway.
RatRacer likes this.

Chris Brown
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:30 PM

Garage
I have these exact Chevy floormats for my 17 z71. Overall they're nice but I do have some complaints about them.

My biggest complaint are the Chevy emblem accent piece on the mats. This was my own fault for not researching enough but pretty much all of the online vendors are using photos of the mats with the metal emblems. The mats I received have the grey plastic emblem pieces. The cheaper plastic look was definitely not the look I was going for. I wish I had seen this post before buying mine as I didnt know at the time that there were metal and plastic variants. If you're going for the higher end aesthetics, make sure you're doing your homework on that aspect.

My second complaint is the back row being two piece. I know some people listed this as a bonus but I feel the connection method between the 2 pieces (pegs/holes) is a little cheap looking. Also the structure underneath this area of the mat is enough to raise it off of the actual drive shaft tunnel/center hump but its not solid so if one were to step on it, it would have some give. This to me feels a little cheap.

My last complaint is minor and might go away in time. The fit around some of the edges is not perfect. The lip that rides up against the plastic trim pieces have some gaps but I'm hoping this will decrease once the warmer weather rolls in and the mats are given time to soften and settle. Havent tried the heater blasting method but I cant imagine it would get hot enough to do the trick.

With all that said, I had Maxpider Kagu 3d floormats in my Mazda 3 previously and the fit was flawless. I also liked the texture of the 3d's over these. Some vendors advertise it as being carbon fiber like in nature. Its not quite as nice as carbon fiber but it has that slight weave pattern to it so its a fair description. It also didnt have any of the underside structure that would lift it up off the actual floor so every part of the pad felt as solid as the foor itself. These mats are also lined with a velcro like bottom so they get tons of traction on the carpet and will not move from normal foot traffic. I'm not sure if this style would help on those with the vinyl floor but its def a nice feature on carpet. I didnt see them available before I bought my GM mats but it looks like they're available now. Just throwing that out there for those that find this post and might be looking for options. Hope to see some pics of people with those mats to see if the fit/finish is as good as they were for my last car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode