Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Bug Removers

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  JRJalapeno 
#1 ·
Has anyone found a bug remover that you presoak, scrub a little, and then pressure rinse off, and it works? The presoak at our local car wash just doesn't cut it. I realize there are a lot of products offered, just curious what the brain trust here uses.

#3 · (Edited)
My dad owned 2 auto body shops before he passed away and he was awesome at his trade. His 2 tricks were using WD40-it's water based so it won't hurt paint- he used that stuff on everything just like the dad used windex on everything in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Lol. He also used dry ice to remove small dings. If the ding is in a door just remove the panel and hold a piece of dry ice on both sides of the metal and it should pop right out. I've seen him do it and it was cool.

#5 ·
Reactions: AirBender
#9 ·
Be careful when attempting to remove bugs and bird droppings as both contain abrasives and will scratch the paint or create swirl marks. Think sandpaper. Once a part of the towel has touched the offending item don't let it touch the paint again. Kind of rolling up the towel as you swipe across the paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.