2015 seats suck - Page 18 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 120Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #341 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPG View Post
That is the exact same thing I do. Raise the front lower the back and I have been comfortable in every vehicle except this one. Can not express the HATE I have for the seats in this truck.
Honestly, my old 1999 Honda CR-V had more comfortable seats, and it was only 3 way adjustable. I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate these seats, but I wouldn't take them on a road trip either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Duramax 2.8 LWN turbo-diesel 4x4
2in Rough Country leveling kit
Rough Country stainless steel bull bar
Smittybilt beaver hitch step
Engine Sound Insulation Delete
Intake Resonator Delete
OEM Bose Sound System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #342 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:06 PM

Are you guys having issues with the leather seats in the higher model trucks as well? I have a WT model truck and was thinking about swapping them for the leather ones... Unless all of the seats just suck...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #343 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 03:27 PM

Mine seem to be getting a lot better. Either they are breaking in or I'm getting used to them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
404 Not Found likes this.

post #344 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:52 PM

I have absolutely no complaints about the seats in my 2016 All Terrain, I was able to get them positioned front and rear where I wanted them using the power lumbar to get things just right for me. I understand the leg going numb or sore, I had that with my Ranger that had power nothing, you got what you got with it, with this truck I expected firm cushions, it is a truck, but it is not uncomfortable by no means to me, I am 5'10" tall weigh about 185lbs. My seat doesn't feel like I am leaning to the left at all and I do agree the seat belt buckling is a little tight when buckling up but it's no big deal. Even my wife was surprised at how comfortable it is to ride in after we got her seat adjusted for her liking. As for trading in a truck because of the seats, that's just a little crazy in my opinion, cheaper to have the seats redone completely or custom seats from any number of manufacturers done up for yourself.
Browneye and Camarolegend like this.

2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain 4 wheel drive crew cab with 6' bed in Cardinal Red. Mods, Pedal Commander and Elite E-2 catch can.
post #345 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:55 PM

Garage
My biggest gripe is the bolsters aren't heated, so I get a strip of warm down the crack of my butt and cold cheeks on the sides. At -10 this is really noticeable.

Other than that I love the seats that came in the Z71

2016 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss Red Rock Metallic
post #346 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 07:00 PM

Of course I can't compare them to the LTZ Silverado for that isn't a fair comparison.
But the seats in our '09 Trailblazer are better than my Colorados.
So are the seats in my wifes Equinox.
I find it disheartening that in the Colorado we get this chintzty tilt system where the tilt and height of the lower cushion are dependent upon each other since there is apparently only one pivot point on the seat mount.
And the beck, instead of being power with unlimited positioning, has got a ratchet lever with very coarse teeth.
I am thinking of getting some old Trailblazer seats, putting new leather on them, and have the seating the way it should be as described in Chevy's Brochure "top of the line Z-71 trim".
Two Door likes this.
post #347 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoxchaser View Post
But the seats in our '09 Trailblazer are better than my Colorados.
So are the seats in my wifes Equinox.
I find it disheartening that in the Colorado we get this chintzty tilt system where the tilt and height of the lower cushion are dependent upon each other since there is apparently only one pivot point on the seat mount.
And the beck, instead of being power with unlimited positioning, has got a ratchet lever with very coarse teeth.
Yeah, I was surprised that the power seats are only 4-way instead of 6-way like on the 2010 Colorado LT I still have.
We also have a 2015 Equinox and I agree those seats are more adjustable and comfortable.
post #348 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 05:23 PM

After almost 2 years I still can't sit comfortably in my Z71 even after cutting the seat cushion. Changing that truck will not come soon enough. I hope to get out of my lease
WPG likes this.
post #349 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 12:27 AM
WPG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetter'S Z View Post
I have absolutely no complaints about the seats in my 2016 All Terrain, I was able to get them positioned front and rear where I wanted them using the power lumbar to get things just right for me. I understand the leg going numb or sore, I had that with my Ranger that had power nothing, you got what you got with it, with this truck I expected firm cushions, it is a truck, but it is not uncomfortable by no means to me, I am 5'10" tall weigh about 185lbs. My seat doesn't feel like I am leaning to the left at all and I do agree the seat belt buckling is a little tight when buckling up but it's no big deal. Even my wife was surprised at how comfortable it is to ride in after we got her seat adjusted for her liking. As for trading in a truck because of the seats, that's just a little crazy in my opinion, cheaper to have the seats redone completely or custom seats from any number of manufacturers done up for yourself.
either the seats were produced on different lines, from several suppliers, different foam, or something. Mine suck, hard as a rock, they don't adjust in a way I can get comfortable. Yes it seems crazy to trade over seats, but I have one shop in town that does upholstery work and they do it for used car lots to get by 90 day warranty. So complete seat do over is not an option for me. A total swap yes, but no one has found any that work. Sad in my opinion so many think they are horrible and GM has done NOTHING about it. I get asked about my truck almost daily and tell everyone of them, Love the truck but the seats SUCK. Worse than anything I have ever owned.
jbc77 and Tractman like this.
post #350 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 05:55 AM

Marquart's Custom Creations Fort Wayne IN.

Note: Helped as I mentioned but they still suck.

Sorry GM but you did not get the seats right on this truck and you have to know that ...
WPG likes this.
post #351 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 05:57 AM

see next
post #352 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytote View Post
Where did you get the seat done? Thanks

Marquart's Custom Creations in Fort Wayne, IN

Helped quit a bit .. but the seats still sucked.
post #353 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 08:25 PM

Garage
My SLT Canyon has pretty good seats. No discomfort on long vacation last summer.

8/14/2015 Ordered 2016 Canyon diesel CCSB, SLT, Copper/Red, black interior, Bose, spray in liner, transfer case shield, bars package and block heater.
Built 1/20/2016
Dealer received 2/3/2016
I received 2/5/2016
post #354 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:41 PM

I have an LT2 Colorado with 4 way power and heated leather etc. it is the best they offer in the Chevy version.
That said I agree with many others, for a truck with a 40+ sticker, these seats do kind of suck.
It is defiantly not my favorite road trip vehicle.

There is not near enough foam padding in them for my liking, and the lack of a tilt feature to them (6 Way ) makes me crazy.

I was in hopes that the new 17 Denali would have a better 6 way power mechanism that I could buy and replace this 4 way version with it, but looks like you really don't get much for that Denali price bump, I have not seen anywhere listed that it has a better seat other then they have a cooled feature which I have seen in the past vehicles where it makes a the seat even firmer with less padding in order to let the air pass through it.

I am going to look into having my upholstery shop add some more foam padding to the seat and possibly attempt to shim up the back of it where it bolts to the floor to try and get the thing tilted into a better position for me.

I have got to where I can tolerate it shot trips around town, I just think its time to start looking for ways to improve it's comfort level.

Anyone else have any idea's or finding any good solutions.

2016 Colorado Dmax 4x4 White LT
Mods:
Icon Stage V Suspension
1" rear lift blocks
Fuel Black Anza 18x8 Rims
Toyo Open County AT 285/60/18 tires
Duramax Tuner tune and Trans tune
Drop in bed liner and rubber Chevy mat
Black bow ties
Black OEM fender flairs
Custom built lighted headache rack and rails
Westin Brute crossover tool box

Other vehicles:
2015 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 White Laramie
2011 Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 White
post #355 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 10:25 PM

If you want to complain about the seats, here is the company who made them.

Global leader in automotive equipment - Faurecia
RatRacer likes this.

2016 Canyon SLT Crew Cab Shortbox Duramax Diesel, Summit White/Jet Black.

Engine built 1/12/16
Placed order 2/20/16
Dealer ordered 2/25/16
Target Production Week 4/11/16
Built and shipped 4/12/16
Delivered to dealer 4/22/16
Drove it home 4/27/16
post #356 of 382 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 02:39 PM
MBB

Hey Guys,

I have not chimed in on this in a while. I too have found the seats to be very uncomfortable for my height in particular (6'4 205). It seems it depends on the person...

I have purchased a few cushions trying to see if one would give me a bigger footprint. Most of the cushions or pads are just too small and too thick.. I am very happy with it and have been using this one for a few months now and it has alleviated most of my issues with comfort and cramping. (20x20x14) and relatively thin... Be careful when clicking because there are two size options. I am going to buy a second one for the passenger seat now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just my two cents..maybe it will help some of you as well.

2016 Rainforest Green Colorado - 3.6L Crew Cab/Short Box - RWD - (Luxury, Safety, and Tow Packages)

Last edited by MBB; 01-21-2017 at 03:38 PM.
post #357 of 382 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:28 PM

Seats still not fixed

I have a 2017 Colorado and can report – unfortunately – that the seat issues have not ben addressed. I guess it is a small comfort to se the reviews on this forum and see that others have the same complaint. The base of the seat tilts too far back – which puts pressure on the back of my ham string – and after 100 miles it hurts. I can slide the seat forward so that my knees are more bent – and they touch the steering wheel – which is not safe

I need to raise the rear of the seat. I might end up making my own shims… Which is probably not the best idea.

I guess I am really surprised that the seat is only a four-way seat. My last 6 company cars all had six-way seats. Call me stupid for not noticing it before I bought the truck - It just never occurred to me that in a vehicle this expensive that the leather and heated seats would not be six-way.

I sincerely hope Chevy reads these posts and take notice. I think the truck is great in every other respect but if the seats are uncomfortable....
post #358 of 382 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB-PDX View Post
I guess I am really surprised that the seat is only a four-way seat. My last 6 company cars all had six-way seats. ...
I am surprised also. Although I did take 2 Canyons and 2 Colorados out for a test drive. Only about 10 minutes each so now I am not sure how they will be when we get the 2017 Colorado we ordered.

Our current 2010 Colorado Z71 LT2 has 6-way power drive and passenger seats. They are great. Nice and wide. . . great for traveling. Hope the new ones are. We did notice the 2017 seats are more narrow and somewhat more firm.
post #359 of 382 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 09:52 PM

I had my local auto upholstery shop order me in some memory foam, they are going to build up the padding in the front seats, also going to attempt to add a couple thick washers to the rear mounting points to tilt the seat forward a little to attempt to get rid of the setting in a hole feeling and the pressure I get on the back of my legs. I think theses minor changes should do the trick. I will post back the results after the seats are done.
Cost was quoted at $250.00 for both seats.

2016 Colorado Dmax 4x4 White LT
Mods:
Icon Stage V Suspension
1" rear lift blocks
Fuel Black Anza 18x8 Rims
Toyo Open County AT 285/60/18 tires
Duramax Tuner tune and Trans tune
Drop in bed liner and rubber Chevy mat
Black bow ties
Black OEM fender flairs
Custom built lighted headache rack and rails
Westin Brute crossover tool box

Other vehicles:
2015 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 White Laramie
2011 Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 White
post #360 of 382 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 10:52 AM

Garage
My AT seats are fine with one gripe. The outboard bolster cuts into my thigh. I know why it is uncomfortable. I used to build automotive seats. The pressure from the bolster that causes the discomfort is because of the plastic outboard trim. the top edge of the plastic trim pushes directly into the outboard side of the bolster compressing the foam which makes the foam firmer where it is compressed causing the localized pressure in the thigh and the discomfort. Normally the bolsters would just give outward when you sit on the seat and these do except for where that top edge of the trim presses into them. That trim piece is pretty strong an doesn't give. They made the seat a little to narrow widening the center panel by 1 or 2 inches would go a long way towards relieving the hard spot in the bolster. There is room on the outboard side to widen the seat by an inch or 2. They won't because they don't want to increase the cost of materials and it would do that. Pretty sure that seat sizing was probably based on the seating in the asian market where this truck platform was originally marketed. Haven't figured out any simple modification to relieve the hard spot yet but if I do I will share it.

2016 GMC Canyon EC All Terrain V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode