2015 seats suck - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 114Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 382 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 12:04 AM

Can't please everybody. I'm 5'6" 150lbs and I think the seats in my 2014 Silverado don't have enough bolstering. I test drove a Colorado Z71 and I was in love with the seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 382 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 12:48 AM

Garage
My LT seats are very comfortable! However, I am comparing them to my '07 Colorado LS bench seat. Not too hard to improve on those!!!

‘16 Colorado LT CC LB Duramax - Brownstone, Bose, Luxury Pkg, Safety Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Trailering Pkg/Locking rear diff, Wheel flares, BORA 1.5" wheel spacers, Iron Cross Patriot Running Boards, Line-X. Planned mods: Zone 1.25" level. SOLD: '15 Colorado LT V6. Threw kitty litter on that turd....... and dumped it!
post #23 of 382 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Global Moderator

I think I've found the answer to my comfort. If I tilt the seat forward enough, raising the back of the seat, the front of the seat/bolsters doesn't put as much pressure on my hamstrings. Then I recline the back of the seat enough where I'm in a normal sitting position without my head in the headliner. Sits me up pretty tall, but I'm not so tall that I'd need a sunroof to stick my head out of.

Danny

10,000 Posts Club Member #1
Conservative Club Member #2
Gun Toting American Club Member #3

post #24 of 382 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 10:26 AM

This thread is now reminding me of the all too common MC seat threads.
One persons "best seat" is horrible to others and there are many aftermarket seat mfg's in that business to satisfy the issue.
Seems people in cars/PU's buy the vehicle based on many factors, yet the seat stays unchanged?
My experience is that some low on the food chain vehicles have bad seats & most better ones are decent or more...
post #25 of 382 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Going UP!

Send a message via AIM to blurred
Shoooooooot, I'll trade the front buckets out of my 07 for these uncomfortable seats...
Blev2922 likes this.
post #26 of 382 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 09:45 PM

Wife sat in z71 this afternoon and vetoed the seats. She has sat in a Canyon SLE with cloth seats and liked them. She also said heated seats are required. So we are now looking at either a Colorado LT with leather,a canyon SLT or the All Terrain. Can anyone tell me how the All Terrain seats compare to the Z71 seats?

Weather here was awful so we only looked at a Z71 that was in showroom. No LT around and we didn't go by the GMC dealer down the highway to see what they had.

Wife admitted today that she is having trouble getting in and out of Camaro and wants to traxe it for truck and she will take my wrangler. Will leave us with best of both worlds as will have a 4wd available when needed so 2wd truck is fine.
post #27 of 382 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 09:51 PM

I was able to get comfortable after a bit of fiddling with the seat controls in the truck I test drove today. I raised it up off the floor all the way (helps greatly with visibility when you're short), reclined it to a comfortable angle, then tilted the front down a bit.
post #28 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
Wife sat in z71 this afternoon and vetoed the seats. She has sat in a Canyon SLE with cloth seats and liked them. She also said heated seats are required. So we are now looking at either a Colorado LT with leather,a canyon SLT or the All Terrain. Can anyone tell me how the All Terrain seats compare to the Z71 seats?

Weather here was awful so we only looked at a Z71 that was in showroom. No LT around and we didn't go by the GMC dealer down the highway to see what they had.

Wife admitted today that she is having trouble getting in and out of Camaro and wants to traxe it for truck and she will take my wrangler. Will leave us with best of both worlds as will have a 4wd available when needed so 2wd truck is fine.
In each of my trucks my Wife has used a small plastic stoolto go under her feet. She is left sitting with her feet dangling above the floor in most PU trucks. Not the case in any car as it seems PU's have tall seat bottom cushions. She is not petite in size and 5' 6' tall with normal inseam for her height. This doesn't make a problem when she drives the truck-just passenger seat.
post #29 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantuckid View Post
In each of my trucks my Wife has used a small plastic stoolto go under her feet. She is left sitting with her feet dangling above the floor in most PU trucks. Not the case in any car as it seems PU's have tall seat bottom cushions. She is not petite in size and 5' 6' tall with normal inseam for her height. This doesn't make a problem when she drives the truck-just passenger seat.
Hmm, my wife is 5'5" but never noticed that issue. Most vehicles today at least have height adjustments for the driver, not so for the passenger always. Even with the Colorado, the entry level seats have driver height adjustments, but passenger adjustable seats require either Z71/LT with luxury, or All Terrain/SLT trim packages.

Since I wrote my "review" of the Z71 seats, we have sat in a Colorado LT with leather seats, a Canyon SLE/AT and a Canyon SLT with leather seats. Wife found all of those seats to be comfortable, will probably be going with a Canyon SLT it appears.

The seat comfort was one of the most critical things about the trucks that had me wondering how anyone could purchase a truck unseen, back months ago. Seems like, at least for me, it was a major concern that panned out to be true.
post #30 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 02:16 PM
amxguy1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post

I believe the seats are the same in both the Z71 and All-terrain just different colors but same materials?

What didn't she like about the Z71? Material? Seat shape/feeling?

The shape should be the same across all trim levels just different surfaces.

Tyler
post #31 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxguy1970 View Post
I believe the seats are the same in both the Z71 and All-terrain just different colors but same materials?

Tyler
They felt like they were shaped different - Z71 seemed to have harder/taller seat bolsters on the sides of the seat bottom. The other seats we have tried were more consistent: Canyon SLE cloth, AT hybrid, SLT Leather, and Colorado LT leather. I can't remember if I have sat in a Colorado cloth seat.

Materials on the AT seemed more comfortable/softer than the Z71.
post #32 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxguy1970 View Post

Tyler
From a USA Today review of the twins that I recalled seeing:

Test Drive: 2015 Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon
" Interior refinement, not so hot, except high-end models such as GMC Canyon SLT. Seats aren't the most comfy, but the SLT's are an exception. All the same under the upholstery, GM says, so should feel about the same. Not to us"
My wife is the seat connoisseur, and she blessed the SLT. No small accomplishment. She sat in a LOT of seats before selecting her Avalon a few years back. Very personal thing for her, not so much for me. My thought is that ANY seat beats riding in the bed! Seriously though, it IS important since this will be our vacation vehicle. The Power Lumbar was important, and I believe that it was ONLY available on the Canyon SLT (so we didn't try the others).

Canyon 4WD SLT Crew Cab, Short Bed, Cyber out, Jet Black In, Bose and Nav, Alert Package, Towing Package

11-20-2014 Ordered (San Jose, dealer with allocation): 11-22-2014 1100:12-02-2014 2000: 12-02-2014 3000 Got Build Sheet from GMC Chat: 12-19-2014 3300: 01-15-2015 3400 No TPW: 01-21-2015 4000 Got VIN: 01-23-2015 4200 In transit. ETA in CA 2/2:01-29-2015 4200 Seen in Elko Nevada, VDC 1/31: 02-07-2015 Picked up at dealer!
post #33 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe5442 View Post
From a USA Today review of the twins that I recalled seeing:

Test Drive: 2015 Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon
" Interior refinement, not so hot, except high-end models such as GMC Canyon SLT. Seats aren't the most comfy, but the SLT's are an exception. All the same under the upholstery, GM says, so should feel about the same. Not to us"
My wife is the seat connoisseur, and she blessed the SLT. No small accomplishment. She sat in a LOT of seats before selecting her Avalon a few years back. Very personal thing for her, not so much for me. My thought is that ANY seat beats riding in the bed! Seriously though, it IS important since this will be our vacation vehicle. The Power Lumbar was important, and I believe that it was ONLY available on the Canyon SLT (so we didn't try the others).
Power Lumbar only available with the leather seats in either twin and the Z71/All Terrain packages.

I do wonder if the Z71 we sat in was just not quite up to snuff, the more I look at it, the more I lean toward the Canyon. Just a hard decision between the AT and the SLT, but I think the SLT will be the route I go.
post #34 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 11:45 PM

Seat tilt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny45 View Post
I think I've found the answer to my comfort. If I tilt the seat forward enough, raising the back of the seat, the front of the seat/bolsters doesn't put as much pressure on my hamstrings. Then I recline the back of the seat enough where I'm in a normal sitting position without my head in the headliner. Sits me up pretty tall, but I'm not so tall that I'd need a sunroof to stick my head out of.
Can the seats be tilted? My understanding is that they are 4 way (forward, backward, up and down) not 6 way with tilt. Am I wrong?

Brownstone LT EC, V6 luxury & convenience pkgs.
Linex spray-in and Husky floor liners
'05 Green Colorado....GONE!
post #35 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 12:30 PM

SLE AT here. seats go up/down, forward/back and power lumbar. NO TILT unfortunately
gemdragon likes this.

2015 Canyon, crew cab, all terrain, 4x4, v6, BFG AT TA KO2 265/70/17 tires with a zone 1.25" kit
post #36 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 01:15 PM

Location: Manhattan, KS - all moved & seeing more Clolorados in KS.
Garage
It is just MANUAL tilt for the front seats.
post #37 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 01:46 PM

Toyotas Versus Gumballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe5442 View Post
My wife and I have been in Toyotas since 1990, and have never complained about a single one. She still wants me to go 2015 Tacoma, but I'm pushing for the Canyon. I finally have her starting to agree that the SLT I'm looking at is at least on par with her Prius (quality-wise), and the seats were actually MORE comfortable. Now she wants the IIHS reports...
post #38 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSURooter View Post
It is just MANUAL tilt for the front seats.
are you talking the back ? cause from what i can see, the bottom does not tilt at all

2015 Canyon, crew cab, all terrain, 4x4, v6, BFG AT TA KO2 265/70/17 tires with a zone 1.25" kit
post #39 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 06:33 PM

This is my biggest complaint of the truck and didn't notice it when I test drove a different one. I have had it about six weeks now and either its starting to break in or I am just getting use to it.
post #40 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 08:18 PM

Going in a different direction here, but the issue I have with the seats is this:

when sitting in the front seats there feels like two pressure points on the left and right side, almost like you are sitting on something that is inside the bottom cushion. When pressing with my hand I can feel something on either side just aft of the mid cushion seam pressing back. It's like that on both front seats. I'm guessing it has something to do with the heating elements, but haven't noticed that on other cars with seat heaters. It's not grossly uncomfortable, but very noticeable.

Anyone else experience this or have any insight?

2015 Z71, ~700 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode