2015 seats suck - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 356 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 04:45 PM

I am 5'9 and weigh 170 lbs.
The All Terrain seat bolsters on the sides are uncomfortable for me. I have been working with it trying to find a decent position or maybe "break" them in. I am looking for anyone with any tips/tricks.

I am debating on getting a cushion and trying that out. Thought about maybe tilting the seat forward a little, but I am not much of a DIY person. I tend to wait for others to do it, before I attempt, lol.

I will say that I came from a car with zero support in the seats and maybe I am just not use to it. I don't have pain when I sit or anything, it is just uncomfortable and I notice that I am constantly moving my left leg. The dead petal is awkward IMO too. It seems like it is positioned too far to the left. Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 356 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzle View Post
Thought about maybe tilting the seat forward a little, but I am not much of a DIY person. I tend to wait for others to do it, before I attempt, lol.
i gotta get off my butt and measure the bolts and space under the seats and get this done this week. I want to make up a few size spacers for the back bolts on the drivers seat to tilt forward

2015 Canyon, crew cab, all terrain, 4x4, v6, BFG AT TA KO2 265/70/17 tires with a zone 1.25" kit
post #43 of 356 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 03:03 AM

I find that the seats in my z71 are very comfortable. Im 5'9 180lbs roughly. I just did a 650 mile round trip in 24hours stopping once there and once back and I was very comfortable. Maybe just take some time to get used to it? I know when I got my bike (Suzuki gsxr) I was very uncomfortable at first, but in time my body got used to it and eventually was comfortable.
post #44 of 356 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny45 View Post
Anyone else having issues with the seats in these new trucks? I'm 5'11, 210 lbs. But I'm not what you'd call obese by any means. Yet the side bolsters on these seats are causing pain in my upper legs unless I sit with my two knees almost touching. Couldn't they have added a couple inches to the seat width??? Must have gotten a Chinese dude for a test dummy for them.
I am 6'3", 200 lbs and I have absolutely no problem with the LT fabric seats. I drive 40 miles each way to work on the highway and have been on two 300+ (each way) mile road trips with the truck and have found the seats to be extremely comfortable.

Just my opinion.
post #45 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 08:30 AM

Quick question for you owners out there. Are the LT cloth seats (no luxury package) just plain cloth? That's what I'm hoping to get with an LT. Also, is it possible to get just plain cloth with the WT trim? I'm really not a fan of the cloth/leatherette combination so I've been hoping to avoid it.
post #46 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micpa27 View Post
Quick question for you owners out there. Are the LT cloth seats (no luxury package) just plain cloth? That's what I'm hoping to get with an LT. Also, is it possible to get just plain cloth with the WT trim? I'm really not a fan of the cloth/leatherette combination so I've been hoping to avoid it.
The LT has 100% cloth. I would imagine the WT is as well unless it is 100% vinyl for some reason.
post #47 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 02:41 PM

Vinyl is standard on the Base model, Cloth on the WT & LT, and Leather is optional on LT, leatherette/cloth on Z71.

FYI, Just discovered that the Colorado Brochure is on the Chevy website now under SHOPPING TOOLS/DOWNLOAD CATALOG.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up cover.
post #48 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 02:17 AM

Garage
I was only in it for just a short time, but the Canyon SLT driver seat was made for me. The best seat in any truck I have set in. I'm short 5'4" and I'm sold on the Canyon. :)
post #49 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 03:05 AM

That sucks I am the same build as original poster and have only test driven the all terrain but didn't notice anything.
post #50 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 04:33 PM

While I was checking on my Canyon order, wife discovered a Buick Encore and fell in love with it.

I was surprised to see that even on a "luxury" vehicle like a Buick, the seat recline is manual, not powered, with no option for 8-way power, just 6 way.

Is there a reason the powered recline on many vehicles is disappearing, not just the twins?

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up cover.
post #51 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:25 PM

I'm 5'10" and ... Stocky... The seats at 1st seemed small but then after a 9 hour drive and being in comfort the whole time.. I would say I really like the seats
post #52 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:41 PM

I'm 6'3'' 195lbs and had some concerns about the lack of a tilt feature in the seat bottom during my first few test drives but when I drove the Colorado I ended up buying the comfort level was good enough. So far so good in drives up to 3 hours.

I have noted a slight sqweek in the seat bottom when I shift my postion. It comes from the plastic trim that covers the front corner and left side of the drivers seat where the cotrols are, as you sit on the cushion it compresses the cushion against the trim making a faint noise occasionaly when I move. I do not consider this a problem just something that could be improved on and I have been trying a few different felt pads and weather stripping to stop the noise.

2015 Summit White Colorado Z71 Crewcab V6 SB 2WD Bose, SOLD after 9 months.
post #53 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
i gotta get off my butt and measure the bolts and space under the seats and get this done this week. I want to make up a few size spacers for the back bolts on the drivers seat to tilt forward
Just stack up some washers. I did it in my 2005 to get the lean that I liked. I was amazed at how different it felt after adding like 4 washers on each side.

2015 Black Canyon
Crew Cab Short Box All Terrain
post #54 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 06:24 PM

I'm 6'1" and my wife is 5'4". We both love the seats. In fact, I think these seats are the most comfortable seats I've ever had in a vehicle, and that includes my Volvo, which had orthopedic designed seats that were exceptionally comfortable.

I was disappointed that the seat did not have a power recline. Sometimes the optimal position is just between the adjustment steps on the manual recline. I also miss having a seat memory, so you can quickly find your ideal seat position after someone else drive the truck.
post #55 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 06:42 PM

Set in a new Canyon this morning and the front buckets are definitely not wide enough. I'm 6' and 200lbs. and both sides of my butt was sitting on the edge of the bolsters which would be very uncomfortable if driving for a long period of time.
post #56 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
While I was checking on my Canyon order, wife discovered a Buick Encore and fell in love with it.

I was surprised to see that even on a "luxury" vehicle like a Buick, the seat recline is manual, not powered, with no option for 8-way power, just 6 way.

Is there a reason the powered recline on many vehicles is disappearing, not just the twins?
Because probably 99% of people change the seat position a few times the entire time they own the vehicle so the extra electronics aren't worth it.
post #57 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 07:48 PM

i think the seats are very comfortable but if i was a little bigger my ass would not fit well.
the inserts on bottom and top are very scratchy and rough on my back through shirt
bareback would suck
post #58 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 08:10 PM

I have an issue where the driver's seat seems to put pressure on my left lower thigh (right above my knee), if I sit with my leg extended forward. I find myself placing my left shoe close to the seat in order to raise my lower left thigh off the seat.

Oddly enough, I don't have an issue with my right leg but I suspect it's because it's not fully extended as my foot is on the gas pedal.

I wish there was a floor foot step (dead pedal) on the left side for my foot to rest on. My VW Jetta has such a foot rest on the left side.

I also wish I could tilt the seat forward. I like the idea of using washers on the back seat bolts but I'm not sure if the existing bolts are long enough to accommodate additional washers or a spacer.

2015 GMC Canyon SLT, V6 Crew Cab Short Bed - Quicksilver Metallic, Driver Alert package, Navigation, Bose Audio, Trailering Package.

Last edited by Carlos31820; 01-26-2015 at 08:24 PM.
post #59 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 08:43 PM

I added spacers on a long ago traded Honda Pilot, still have the kit I bought for that. I may need to see if some of that kit (longer bolts, spacers) will work on the Colorado, although so far I'm ok with the seats they are not as good as our Outback but the rest of the Colorado makes up for it.

2015 Summit White Colorado Z71 Crewcab V6 SB 2WD Bose, SOLD after 9 months.
post #60 of 356 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos31820 View Post
I have an issue where the driver's seat seems to put pressure on my left lower thigh (right above my knee), if I sit with my leg extended forward. I find myself placing my left shoe close to the seat in order to raise my lower left thigh off the seat.

Oddly enough, I don't have an issue with my right leg but I suspect it's because it's not fully extended as my foot is on the gas pedal.

I wish there was a floor foot step (dead pedal) on the left side for my foot to rest on. My VW Jetta has such a foot rest on the left side.

I also wish I could tilt the seat forward. I like the idea of using washers on the back seat bolts but I'm not sure if the existing bolts are long enough to accommodate additional washers or a spacer.
Thanks for making that comment. I think people forget 2 things. First they are changing the leverage by changing the mounting point. Spacing up the seat makes it tilt like a lever and may be a weaker solution. And second, people forget that those 2 little nuts are what hold them in place during an accident. If you don't have enough thread engagement the nuts aren't going to be adequately secured. Remember, safety first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticmxman View Post
I added spacers on a long ago traded Honda Pilot, still have the kit I bought for that. I may need to see if some of that kit (longer bolts, spacers) will work on the Colorado, although so far I'm ok with the seats they are not as good as our Outback but the rest of the Colorado makes up for it.
For anybody considering replacing the factory bolts, ensure the bolts meet the same shear strength of factory hardware. Basically, the cheap $0.10 bolts from the miscellaneous bin at your hardware store may snap right off when you're in an accident.
savagebob likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode