Door Sill Protection pics - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokanmikey View Post
Yes they are the Husky Liners which I am very pleased with. The original mat does slide around a bit and probably should not be used on top.
I use the truck for work, I try to keep my shoes clean and dry going into customers homes and the fabric will soak up the moisture and dirt on damp days. On muddy days I toss the stock one in back and keep my carpet clean, dry and protected with the Huskys.
Thanks! They seem to fit nice and provide a lot of coverage.

Ed Apelian
2015 Colorado Z-71 Crew Brownstone Metallic
All it takes is an open mind and an open road!

Short bed, Crew Cab, Fender Flares, Spray-in liner, Polished Exhaust, Tow Package, Black Side Steps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Update. Now that I have the boat home and I am parking the truck outside I might not be happy with the stick on pads anymore. I have been seeing water getting in the sill under the door in the rain. It appears the treads on the protectors are creating a tread pattern in my drivers door outer weather seal, and allowing moisture in. Not sure yet, but I might be trying Warpsters version off Amazon. Is that link still pointing to the right product Warpster? Nothing is perfect I guess. Be nice if GM would have just taken care of this issue from the get go. We should not be searching for ways to protect such a high wear area that is just painted.

2015 Black Canyon
Crew Cab Short Box All Terrain
post #43 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrphs View Post
Not sure yet, but I might be trying Warpsters version off Amazon. Is that link still pointing to the right product Warpster?
Yes, at least that is the part number I ordered. Like I said before you can not trust their photos, they are not the listed product. Refer back to page 3 of this thread for my photos, they are accurate for that part number. Sorry I can't comment on whether these cause issues with water getting in as I garage it day and night so it only sees rain while I'm driving in it.

post #44 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 12:03 AM

I installed the Auto Ventshade #88407 2 piece door sill protectors (from Amazon - $24.92) on my extended cab. They're 30.5"L X 3.5"W and I trimmed them to fit beneath the weatherstripping. They're not long enough to reach the rear seats as shown in the second photo, but since I don't plan to carry passengers back there, it's not a problem for me. After trimming, I added an additional strip of 3M double-sided tape. I'm really pleased with the appearance and added protection for the paint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020441.JPG (583.5 KB, 1384 views)
File Type: jpg P1020439.JPG (462.2 KB, 1208 views)

2015 Canyon SLT Ext Cab, V6, 2WD, Cyber Gray, nav, Bose, trailer pkg, spray-in bedliner
Installed additions: Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite tonneau; tint front windows, door sill protectors, OEM wheel flares, DeeZee NXT running boards, VLEDS interior & exterior LEDs, GMC chrome exhaust tip, HomeLink, OEM perimeter bed lights, Pop & Lock tailgate lock
post #45 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 12:13 AM

Garage
Looks good Bert!

I used to make mental notes but couldn't read my writing...
post #46 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 07:37 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to jimbarb23 Send a message via MSN to jimbarb23
Question Door sill plates

Anyone figured out anything for protecting the door sill area from the scratches that are sure to come?
post #47 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 08:22 AM

http://coloradofans.com/forums/177-i...tion-pics.html

"Brownstone Bumblebee" 2016 Diesel Colorado Z71 CCSB 4X4, Brownstone Metallic
HPD and Provent 200 Catch Cans, Amsoil Fluids, MetalMan Front Differential, Engine Oil Pan, & Steering Motor Skid Plate, Undercover Swing Cases
Say No! to Wheelers's Offroad!

"I respect everyone's opinion, no matter how wrong it may be."
post #48 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBert View Post
I installed the Auto Ventshade #88407 2 piece door sill protectors (from Amazon - $24.92) on my extended cab. They're 30.5"L X 3.5"W and I trimmed them to fit beneath the weatherstripping. They're not long enough to reach the rear seats as shown in the second photo, but since I don't plan to carry passengers back there, it's not a problem for me. After trimming, I added an additional strip of 3M double-sided tape. I'm really pleased with the appearance and added protection for the paint.
Any issues with water intrusion?
post #49 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbarb23 View Post
Anyone figured out anything for protecting the door sill area from the scratches that are sure to come?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgjurista View Post
Merged
post #50 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 01:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-colorado View Post
Mind sharing the type of mats in that picture? They look like they fit and protect well. I ordered the Z-71 mats with my truck and am very disappointed.
Yes they are the Husky weather beaters. I like them. Good coverage. Easy to clean. I use a damp cloth and just wipe them off. You don't even have to remove the mat to do so. I recommend them.
post #51 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 02:42 PM

Garage
I have a roll of clear adhesive film that i use for this purpose. cheap- effective- invisible when applied properly, easily replaced if damaged.
BillyM67 likes this.
post #52 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 03:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbster View Post
I have a roll of clear adhesive film that i use for this purpose. cheap- effective- invisible when applied properly, easily replaced if damaged.
I decided to do the same thing. XPEL markets some "Universal Door Sill Guard" in various widths, but I couldn't find anyone who sells it locally, so I just phoned around to some local shops that install the 3M/XPEL film on new cars & bought some in bulk & applied it myself.

I bought 12" of the 24" wide stuff for $20.00 & I found that the best width for me was 2.5" wide for each sill. It's not to hard to apply, but I would suggest buying a little extra in case you mess one up learning the install procedure.

I would post a photo, but it's basically invisible when applied.

They gave me about 13" & I had enough for 1 extra, but didn't need it, but you could apply it to other area prone to scratch's or stone chips. I notice the factory uses some of this clear film inside the tailgate & box to protect it where the tailgate cable would rub. They didn't stick it down very well on my truck & it looks like crap now because it collected dirt on the edges where it wasn't stuck good (white truck, easily noticeable).

Here are a few link that might help.

XPEL Clear Universal Door Sill Guard
XPEL Clear Universal Door Sill Guard (60" x 2.75") Paint Protection Film Kit: Amazon.ca: Automotive XPEL Clear Universal Door Sill Guard (60" x 2.75") Paint Protection Film Kit: Amazon.ca: Automotive

How to install - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXS_jX6B4tw

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
How to Search vBulletin.org effectively
post #53 of 146 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 12:00 PM

Garage
I like the idea of wrapping down over the edge to protect it. I did some checking and Autozone lists a set of these for the 2015 Canyon crew cab for $39.99 and they are the AVS ones. The part number is 91155.
post #54 of 146 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 02:20 PM

Garage
I think i'm going to plasti-dip my door sill. That should offer enough protection imo.
DiNoto and DiNoto like this.
post #55 of 146 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbarb23 View Post
I like the idea of wrapping down over the edge to protect it. I did some checking and Autozone lists a set of these for the 2015 Canyon crew cab for $39.99 and they are the AVS ones. The part number is 91155.
That part number looks to be for a Dodge Ram....better double check before ordering! On StylinTrucks I just did a search for a Canyon and they came up with that number but right at the top of the listing it says "This product does not fit your 2015 GMC Canyon SLT 6 Cyl 3.6L" so I'm confused.
onward likes this.
post #56 of 146 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 01:55 PM

Garage
On Autozone's web site it says the 91155 will fit the Canyon. Now I do have the 2015 Canyon as the truck selected under "my vehicle" on the site. Warpster, you are right on the ram if you look up the fit list for 91155. Mine should be in today so I will check them out and get back on here with the results. I will have to go to the dealer to try them since my truck is not being built till 5/11. What's the worst thing that would happen - we'd have to trim them. We'd have to do that with the one's in the beginning of this post anyway.
post #57 of 146 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac33 View Post
I think i'm going to plasti-dip my door sill. That should offer enough protection imo.
Just curious how you would plasti dip something like that. When I masked the emblems off with painters tape, it peeled the plasti dip off as well (in this case it's what I wanted to happen anyways) but on the door I would want an even square.
post #58 of 146 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 10:06 PM

Location: Adams County, Pa (Formerly Luzerne County, Pa NEPA)
Instead of the plasti dip what if you tried the spray bed liner that comes in a can....you can mask off the area as you wish to have covered and of course the interior and exterior areas to avoid over spray. I used this on my lawn tractor where my feet would rest so I had some traction and it worked out great. Just another thought possibly.
Engine12 and isaac33 like this.
post #59 of 146 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 09:36 PM

Skip the 91155 option.....not even close. I cut up a set of them, and they really didn't look that good installed. I removed, and will do something else.
post #60 of 146 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shs11588 View Post
Just curious how you would plasti dip something like that. When I masked the emblems off with painters tape, it peeled the plasti dip off as well (in this case it's what I wanted to happen anyways) but on the door I would want an even square.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kBWaSDmj0g
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode