Interior lights - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 09:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrphs View Post
I did take off one of the covers in the visor lights. They appear to be the 42mm festoon style bulb that looks like a fuse.

Kind of like these

Amazon.com: Cutequeen White 42mm(1.72") 8-SMD 12V Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs 211-2 212-2 569 578 - White (pack of : Automotive

On another note, I changed my previous setup. I put all the flatter bluer ones in the 3 dome lights that operate with the door, and the whiter brighter ones in the two outside map lights in the front. This way I have the brighter ones on a switch if I need them. The 3 that come on with the door with the flat bluer one installed is a great look at night. Not too blue, but a very classy color. Reference the above links to amazon for what ones. I like them A LOT. They look just like the Silverado ones that I also loved. Shoot me any questions if you need any help guys. Big difference at night. Let me know if you do it and how you like them.
Just bought these! I will be getting these Thursday and installing to update you all! If only anyone knew the license plate bulbs, as well as the third brake light white lights...

“Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States cannot make it without Texas.” – Sam Houston

http://coloradofans.com/forums/79-sa...ide-steps.html

^^^2015 Canyon/Colorado Side Steps for sale!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 09:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
I did take off one of the covers in the visor lights. They appear to be the 42mm festoon style bulb that looks like a fuse.

Kind of like these

Amazon.com: Cutequeen White 42mm(1.72") 8-SMD 12V Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs 211-2 212-2 569 578 - White (pack of : Automotive

On another note, I changed my previous setup. I put all the flatter bluer ones in the 3 dome lights that operate with the door, and the whiter brighter ones in the two outside map lights in the front. This way I have the brighter ones on a switch if I need them. The 3 that come on with the door with the flat bluer one installed is a great look at night. Not too blue, but a very classy color. Reference the above links to amazon for what ones. I like them A LOT. They look just like the Silverado ones that I also loved. Shoot me any questions if you need any help guys. Big difference at night. Let me know if you do it and how you like them.
You are correct. They are a fuse, but I think the 42mm is too large. I ordered the ones you recommended, but they were extremely large. So I went ahead and ordered 30mm ones and they come in on Sunday. Apparently, Amazon Prime members now get Sunday delivery. Awesome!

“Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States cannot make it without Texas.” – Sam Houston

post #23 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfleyva View Post
You are correct. They are a fuse, but I think the 42mm is too large. I ordered the ones you recommended, but they were extremely large. So I went ahead and ordered 30mm ones and they come in on Sunday. Apparently, Amazon Prime members now get Sunday delivery. Awesome!
Once you get th correct size post it up. I'm looking for some that will match the color of the dome light LEDs posted earlier in this thread. I want the whiter, less blue color.

Yea if you see a mail truck running on Sunday they are delivering Amazon packages. My sister works for the USPS and says this is something new Amazon is trying.

post #24 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 09:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest t View Post
Once you get th correct size post it up. I'm looking for some that will match the color of the dome light LEDs posted earlier in this thread. I want the whiter, less blue color.

Yea if you see a mail truck running on Sunday they are delivering Amazon packages. My sister works for the USPS and says this is something new Amazon is trying.
Took a picture with the old bulb on the left, and the new on the right.
Amazon.com: Cutequeen Trading 10pcs LED Mirror Fuse Sun Visor 6641 White 30mm(1.23") 5050 3-SMD 12V Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs(pack of 10): Automotive Amazon.com: Cutequeen Trading 10pcs LED Mirror Fuse Sun Visor 6641 White 30mm(1.23") 5050 3-SMD 12V Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs(pack of 10): Automotive
I got these and they fit beautifully in the visor and look great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image2-2.jpg (186.5 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg image3.jpg (165.4 KB, 264 views)
Chris Chow likes this.

post #25 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 08:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Took a picture with the old bulb on the left, and the new on the right. Amazon.com: Cutequeen Trading 10pcs LED Mirror Fuse Sun Visor 6641 White 30mm(1.23") 5050 3-SMD 12V Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs(pack of 10): Automotive I got these and they fit beautifully in the visor and look great!
Great information from you guys in this thread. Thank you!

"Ideals are peaceful...History is violent"
2015 Cardinal Red Canyon SLT- All Options + Line-X Spray-In Bed Liner - 3M Full Front/Half Hood Clear Bra - ReTrax Pro Retractable Tonneau Cover - 5" Chrome Assist Steps
post #26 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Took a picture with the old bulb on the left, and the new on the right. Amazon.com: Cutequeen Trading 10pcs LED Mirror Fuse Sun Visor 6641 White 30mm(1.23") 5050 3-SMD 12V Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs(pack of 10): Automotive I got these and they fit beautifully in the visor and look great!
is it 2 bulbs per visor(4 total neded)?

2015 Red Rock Metallic CC Z71 SB with nav, bose, Spray in liner, Mud Guards, Trailering and Truxedo lopro QT cover ordered on Sept 12. Received truck on 12/19 and got the 3 inch off road bars comped for all the problems with GM.
post #27 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawki8624 View Post
is it 2 bulbs per visor(4 total neded)?
Yes

2015 Black Canyon
Crew Cab Short Box All Terrain
post #28 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 10:29 PM

Garage
Woot, just did mine. $20 bucks and maybe 10-15 minutes and done!! I actually used a credit card and gently pried the covers off. They really do just snap on and off, it was straight-forward. I actually took off the switch cover as well, accidently, but it enabled easier removal of the cover. My only take away, you'll need to make sure the lights are off (HOT BULB! LOL) and wiggle the bulbs out, unless you have very small fingers.

For the record I used
Amazon Amazon
and
Amazon Amazon

Some pictures... sorry, not adept at posting this stuff.

http://s96.photobucket.com/user/iihu...0Install/story

Last edited by iihuntyii; 01-14-2015 at 10:37 PM.
post #29 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
How did you remove the covers in each visor?
post #30 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 08:07 PM

Got mine installed tonight. Used:
Amazon Amazon
, and
Amazon.com: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb: Automotive Amazon.com: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb: Automotive

Wish I'd gone brighter for the overheads. The LEDs are a definite improvement, but I would have liked a little more output.

You can pop the visor covers off with a small putty knife, or a credit card if you don't have a trim tool. Just pry them at the corners and they will pop loose.
post #31 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
You can pop the visor covers off with a small putty knife, or a credit card if you don't have a trim tool. Just pry them at the corners and they will pop loose.
When you say "they will pop loose," do you mean the entire housing of the light or just the white/clear middle part? I ask because the middle white/clear section basically has zero give around the edges to pry it out and I do not want to break something.

I appreciate your help.
post #32 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzle View Post
When you say "they will pop loose," do you mean the entire housing of the light or just the white/clear middle part? I ask because the middle white/clear section basically has zero give around the edges to pry it out and I do not want to break something.

I appreciate your help.
the light housing where the white part and beige outline with come off.

15' Canyon All Terrain, 3.6L
post #33 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

I was able to pry off just the visor lenses when I got in there to find the type of bulb a few weeks ago. The tabs were on the flat parts of each lens, and I did it with a putty knife. Sounds like there are two ways to get it there.

2015 Black Canyon
post #34 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 06:02 PM

Garage
To add, I was able to remove the switch housing easier, which allowed for really easy removal of the clear light housing. I used the same method, but with a credit card to pry around the edges until it would 'pop'.
post #35 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:

I appreciate your help.
Yea the whole thing comes off. Put the edge of what ever tool you are using under the outside beige part for the visor lights.
post #36 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Yea the whole thing comes off. Put the edge of what ever tool you are using under the outside beige part for the visor lights.
Thanks, worked like a charm. I apologize for the purple edges, my phone's camera is a POS.

Chris Chow likes this.
post #37 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks, worked like a charm. I apologize for the purple edges, my phone's camera is a POS.

Looks just like mine! I like the white light, and the LEDs are a little brighter than the ones that come in the truck.
post #38 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Looks just like mine! I like the white light, and the LEDs are a little brighter than the ones that come in the truck.
WOW, you guys are using all the brighter white ones lol. We could have a **** football game in your cab . So awesome seeing so many others tackling these tasks.

On a side note. I was out grilling some burgers tonight in the 25 degree weather. While the grill was warming up I popped out the license plate bulbs. As someone else stated, they are the same bulbs as the domes. T10. I put some of the LEDs in real quick since I have a crap load now. Took like 5 minutes. Don't be fooled by what appears to be a couple plastic clips. It is not a bulb with a plastic end on it like a headlight bulb. It is a wedge style. Grab the glass just like the domes and wiggle em out.

2015 Black Canyon
post #39 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I ended up ordering two different kind of T10 LEDS from JTech on Amazon. I liked the price better, and you get 10 in a pack. I got two kinds. One is a flatter type, about the size of a nickel. The other is a little longer, closer to the shape of the stockers. Both fit. The flat ones are a little more blue, and not quite as bright. I like them both. I put the flatter ones in the 2 rear locations, and the outside map lights in the front. I installed the brighter whiter one in the center front. Overall, very happy. They do both dim out just like the stocks too. Each pack is only $8 shipped for 10 each!

Flat more blue ones
Amazon.com: Jtech 10x T10 8-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb W5W, 147, 152, 158, 159, 161, 168, 184, 192, 193, 194 2825: Automotive

Longer brighter more white ones
Amazon.com: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb: Automotive

This first 2 pics show stock on left, flat blueish led on right.

The last pic has the 2 flat on the left, one whiter led on right.
Question...on your second link for the brighter ones, do I want the Mode-1 or the Mode-2 bulbs? What's the difference?

Thanks for sharing the wealth....LED everything!!!

2015 Canyon All Terrain Crew
post #40 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicTree View Post
Question...on your second link for the brighter ones, do I want the Mode-1 or the Mode-2 bulbs? What's the difference?

Thanks for sharing the wealth....LED everything!!!
No prob! I cannot tell you, there was not a choice when I ordered. I would try mode one, but who knows. Wish I were more help.

2015 Black Canyon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode