Interior lights - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iihuntyii View Post
Woot, just did mine. $20 bucks and maybe 10-15 minutes and done!! I actually used a credit card and gently pried the covers off. They really do just snap on and off, it was straight-forward. I actually took off the switch cover as well, accidently, but it enabled easier removal of the cover. My only take away, you'll need to make sure the lights are off (HOT BULB! LOL) and wiggle the bulbs out, unless you have very small fingers.

Some pictures... sorry, not adept at posting this stuff.

Truck Led Install Story by Don Rawson (iihuntyii) | Photobucket
A big thanks for the photobucket pic's, wasn't sure if I needed to remove just the lens or lens with the trim. Your photos cleared that up so I didn't break something.....Again Thank you!!
Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 01:49 AM

Got mine installed tonight! They look great. Gonna do the license plate lights tomorrow.
post #43 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 07:21 PM

Garage
Does anyone have any comments about how the Precision LED package compares to the ones listed in the thread that we can get off Amazon? Precision charges a bit of a premium which I'm OK with, but I want to make sure the quality is actually better for the price increase. My main objective in moving to LED lights is more brightness.

Here's the response I got from Precision when I asked, "We do not compare our products to our competitors so I cannot tell you what makes our superior because I do not know the competitors quality." although I did list the specific Amazon links for what I was considering.

post #44 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:55 PM

Installed mine tonight and they look great. I will have to try and tackle the Plate lights soon. I used the lights in the link below. Took 10 minutes to install them. Looks great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GZGW47U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GZGW47U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #45 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocol2001 View Post
Here's the response I got from Precision when I asked, "We do not compare our products to our competitors so I cannot tell you what makes our superior because I do not know the competitors quality." although I did list the specific Amazon links for what I was considering.
That is like the sketchiest answer I've ever heard!
post #46 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:24 PM

License plate lights are simple to replace. Come in from under bumper, turn fitting 90 degrees left, remove and replace and reverse process
post #47 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 04:42 PM

Just ordered a set for the visors. Hadn't even thought about those. I am pumped to hear about the license plate bulbs. I'll get those done tonight or tomorrow. Thank you to everyone for the input provided.
post #48 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 05:37 PM

Garage
I've done some further research and it seems the benefit to Precision LED's product is the type of bulb they use which also helps to explain the cost differential. They claim to use 5730 SMD whereas the ones from Cutequeen are either 5050 or 3528 SMD. The higher the SMD the more lumens or brightness (SMD LED Module - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

I think I'll wait until a Precision LED sale (based on their Facebook it happens pretty much every weekend, 15% off) and will place my order. Of course pics will follow by the time I get them and install (target mid-end April).
post #49 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Jnz

Garage
Just a word of warning on lumens - I think mine (from Amazon) look great, but they're BRIGHT! I would not want to get ones any brighter. So, if you're thinking Precision LED because of brightness, just make sure that's what you really want.

2015 Canyon SLT CC SB, Cyber Gray, Bose, Nav., Driver Alert, Line-X Spray-on liner, 3" Assist Steps, GM Splash Guards, LED Interior and Bed Lights, Retrx Pro MX Tonneau Cover
post #50 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I've done some further research and it seems the benefit to Precision LED's product is the type of bulb they use which also helps to explain the cost differential. They claim to use 5730 SMD whereas the ones from Cutequeen are either 5050 or 3528 SMD. The higher the SMD the more lumens or brightness (SMD LED Module - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

I think I'll wait until a Precision LED sale (based on their Facebook it happens pretty much every weekend, 15% off) and will place my order. Of course pics will follow by the time I get them and install (target mid-end April).
These are the ones I bought on Amazon.
Amazon Amazon

They are 5630 SMD and super bright. They are also only 14 dollars for a 10 pack with overnight shipping. It was about another 6 bucks for the mirror lights.
post #51 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 01:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFunAtAll View Post
These are the ones I bought on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are 5630 SMD and super bright. They are also only 14 dollars for a 10 pack with overnight shipping. It was about another 6 bucks for the mirror lights.
Did you also use these bulbs for your cargo lights? Or did you go with something brighter? Or did you leave them as is? Debating between some Cutequeen T10 and T15's for those bulbs...
post #52 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 01:35 AM

I ordered
these these
which are plenty bright for the cab and license plate holder imo. I couldn't see needing anymore light in the cab when domes and reading are turned on.

These These
are the ones I ordered for the vanity lights and I think they're too bright for me. The ladies seem to like it, but anything more and you'd blind yourself.lol.

I did some quick math between going the Precision LED kits or ordering them from Amazon.

Precision LED kits
6 LED (Dome/License) - 13.14 per LED
4 LED (Vanity) - 5.25 per LED
includes trim tool kit (similar to
this this
, but this includes an additional piece.)

Total cost: $112.97 "special price" ($131.98 regular price wtflol)

Amazon choices
6 LED (Dome/License) (4 extra)- 1.30 per LED
4 LED (Vanity) (6 extra) - .70 per LED
does not include
trim tool kit trim tool kit
, but I'll include it to make it comparable. (I used a credit card)

Total cost: $24.97

I'm not trying to knock Precision LEDs hustle, I just don't see any additional value outside of doing the research (owners manual) for a customer to be able to look up the correct lights by model/year.
post #53 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Did you also use these bulbs for your cargo lights? Or did you go with something brighter? Or did you leave them as is? Debating between some Cutequeen T10 and T15's for those bulbs...
I used these I used these
for the cargo lamps. Check my gallery for pics of them installed.
post #54 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 09:23 AM

I did the Amazon route. Much cheaper. Save the money for other toys.
post #55 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 02:19 PM

Somebody had a thread on how to remove the interior light covers.
Used the search and couldnt find it.
post #56 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 03:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie_90 View Post
Somebody had a thread on how to remove the interior light covers.
Used the search and couldnt find it.
Isn't that earlier in this thread?
post #57 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 03:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEELBURNS View Post
Isn't that earlier in this thread?
Lol! yep.
post #58 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 04:17 PM

Hey im a little slow today
post #59 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 04:25 PM

Garage
It's Friday. Thanks for the chuckle.
post #60 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 05:34 PM

Garage
Too many options, I just wish I lived in the USA so I could experiment and have a lower cost!

Has anyone tried these yet for the dome/reading/courtesy interior lights yet -
Amazon.com: Cutequeen 8pcs LED Car Lights Bulb White T10 3528 20-smd 194 168 (Pack of 8): Automotive Amazon.com: Cutequeen 8pcs LED Car Lights Bulb White T10 3528 20-smd 194 168 (Pack of 8): Automotive
? I'm not sure if they're too big (physically) to fit under the covers....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode