Colorado leaking water - Interior Soaked - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 147Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 08:30 PM

Hi grovernat,

We're sorry to learn of your concern with water leaking in your new Colorado. I'm glad that you've already been in touch with your dealership and scheduled an appointment! We'd like to collect your information to further document this concern in our system. Could you please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, mileage and dealership name? We hope to hear from you!

Andraya
GM Customer Care

Check out the NEW Owner Center at: My.Chevrolet.com and My.GMC.com

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 08:49 PM

I had this same issue with my colorado after not even a week of owning it. The dealer ended up replacing the windshield because the glass and gasket are sealed as a unit. I made a post about this as soon as it happened and put up pictures.
post #23 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 09:43 PM

Never mind about the pictures. Looks like I deleted them off my phone.
njadventure likes this.

post #24 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Truck View Post
I had this same issue with my colorado after not even a week of owning it. The dealer ended up replacing the windshield because the glass and gasket are sealed as a unit. I made a post about this as soon as it happened and put up pictures.
Oh No!

Now GM is going to hold our trucks in Hazelwood for another 60 days to check the windshield sealant
post #25 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasondog3 View Post
I'm getting more nervous about this truck the more I hear about it. Also, if you go to New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews | Cars.com, you will notice a number of used 2015s already for sale, with less than 3,000 miles on them. Seems that the original owners didn't like them. I'd like to hear from them on why they got rid of their trucks so soon.

I'm keeping my mind open about getting this truck - even though I like my 2011 a hundred times better - but all these reports of problems are making me stay away from the truck. I wish GM would've just kept the original Colorado's going, and make some incremental modification to them instead of this reinventing-the-wheel 2015… :'(
Interesting - There is a used Z71 in Texas with only 8 miles.
Must have changed their minds before it was out of the dealer's lot.

Last edited by whitesys; 01-05-2015 at 10:21 PM.
post #26 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesys View Post
Interesting - There is a used Z71 in Texas with only 8 miles.
....And it has all of the options on my order.
Must have changed their minds before it was out of the dealer's lot.
8 miles? That's probably just a bad listing. If it really has 8 miles, it was probably listed incorrectly as used. Every dealer would consider that a new truck. Can't imagine a scenario where a truck is bought and driven less than 10 miles then returned.

2015 GMC Canyon SLT, V6 Crew Cab Short Bed - Quicksilver Metallic, Driver Alert package, Navigation, Bose Audio, Trailering Package.
post #27 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I'm getting more nervous about this truck the more I hear about it. Also, if you go to New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews | Cars.com, you will notice a number of used 2015s already for sale, with less than 3,000 miles on them. Seems that the original owners didn't like them. I'd like to hear from them on why they got rid of their trucks so soon.

I'm keeping my mind open about getting this truck - even though I like my 2011 a hundred times better - but all these reports of problems are making me stay away from the truck. I wish GM would've just kept the original Colorado's going, and make some incremental modification to them instead of this reinventing-the-wheel 2015… :'(
Did a quick check, there were 6 Canyon's listed in the USA, turned out two of them were the same, so really only 5. Two only had 5 miles on them. One had an available CarFax report, only service was pre-delivery service. Appeared to be a re-po perhaps?????

There were 15 Colorado listed. First one I suspect was a demo based on the CarFax report. Third one was just an attempt to drive traffic to the dealer. One of them shows as a "manufacturer vehicle" so sounds like a demo.

Carfax did show one of the trucks had a timing belt/chain replaced. Another had a vehicle speed sensor replaced.

Looks like some people bought a truck and decided it was not what they wanted and returned it to the dealer.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #28 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

Let's not get too off topic with "How many used 2015 twins are for sale" please.

If you all want you can start a "used 2015 for sale thread" LOL

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods
post #29 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 11:09 PM

By my browser configuration settings we are about ready to hit page 4. In reading through the previous page I forgot what we started with.

Just in case you also forgot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovernat View Post
Just purchased a new Crew Cab Colorado on 12/20. Opened the drivers side door on Christmas after some moderate rain the night before to find the entire drivers side floor soaked in water. Also, when I opened the door it seemed like a 1/2 gallon of water spilled out of the truck from the door and the rocker panel. I noticed all the weather striping was soaked. The rocker panels had puddles of water on them, and the bottom of the door seemed to be holding water....

Brought it to the dealer and they said it was missing part of the seal around the plastic shroud near the windshield wiper and the water was coming in through the fire wall? That didn't really make sense to me because I saw so much water come out when i opened the door. I thought the issue would be defective weather stripping.

I opened the drivers side door this morning after some light rain overnight and noticed water dump out from the rocker panel area again... This time the carpet doesn't seem wet though....Granted this was a light rain, I am concerned that the truck is still leaking.

I'm pissed that this brand new truck was basically filled with water. Who knows what kind of electrical issues this could lend itself to in the future if anything electrical was exposed to the moisture....
Well thanks to Greg beating me to this...the reminder is now stacked at the top of page 4 (for my browser).
post #30 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 11:09 PM

Make sure the drain hole in the bottom of the door is open too.
post #31 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 11:14 PM

Garage
I had a "lake" issue in a HHR SS after a month of ownership. They replaced the windshield & seal, plus dried it out proper so that 2 months later it didn't smell like the Glades.
post #32 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
We're sorry to learn of your concern with water leaking in your new Colorado. I'm glad that you've already been in touch with your dealership and scheduled an appointment! We'd like to collect your information to further document this concern in our system. Could you please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, mileage and dealership name? We hope to hear from you!
Good to see GM is following these sites. I think that bodes well for customer support/care. Glad I made the switch from Tacoma, which, incidentally had a similar leak on the passenger side floorboard. 2009 model.

Preach the gospel to all nations. If necessary, use words.
post #33 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:

Im glad they did change it instead of keeping the old tired kind of boring style of th old ones, and dosent sound like you have an open mind seeing how you love yours so much now. Sorry for everyone that has had problems but mine has been perfect so far,
post #34 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 01:32 AM
CFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by clfarms1 View Post
Im glad they did change it instead of keeping the old tired kind of boring style of th old ones, and dosent sound like you have an open mind seeing how you love yours so much now. Sorry for everyone that has had problems but mine has been perfect so far,
All pick up trucks turn into the old kind of boring style ones rather quickly.
post #35 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 07:14 AM

I bought my colorado in october, I did notice an excessive amount of water in the door jam after a heavy night of rain......I took note of it and think there might be a problem but have not seen it happen again. Upstate NY mostly snow this time of yr.
post #36 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 08:10 AM

No offense, but i would be pissed. no matter what they do, with that much moisture there will eventually be corrosion. since you just got it, i'd ask for new. they can use that as a dealer model
post #37 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 01:23 PM

Sorry some are having problems but this is why I am waiting and will probably buy a WT when I do
post #38 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovernat View Post
Just purchased a new Crew Cab Colorado on 12/20. Opened the drivers side door on Christmas after some moderate rain the night before to find the entire drivers side floor soaked in water. Also, when I opened the door it seemed like a 1/2 gallon of water spilled out of the truck from the door and the rocker panel. I noticed all the weather striping was soaked. The rocker panels had puddles of water on them, and the bottom of the door seemed to be holding water....

Brought it to the dealer and they said it was missing part of the seal around the plastic shroud near the windshield wiper and the water was coming in through the fire wall? That didn't really make sense to me because I saw so much water come out when i opened the door. I thought the issue would be defective weather stripping.

I opened the drivers side door this morning after some light rain overnight and noticed water dump out from the rocker panel area again... This time the carpet doesn't seem wet though....Granted this was a light rain, I am concerned that the truck is still leaking.

I'm pissed that this brand new truck was basically filled with water. Who knows what kind of electrical issues this could lend itself to in the future if anything electrical was exposed to the moisture....
I had the exact same thing happen with a 2003 Grand Am. Mine happen to be a bad drain tube for the sunroof. Finding a swimming pool on the passenger side floor of a 36 hour old vehicle was not fun. Their solution after the fix was to simply vacuum and shampoo my carpets. My dad, who worked in electrical and mechanical repair for GM at the time, said that they needed to pull all of the seats and replace every last piece of carpet and padding or it would smell horrible in the future. I demanded they do this and they finally brought the owner of the dealership out and he agreed with me that that was the necessary steps to take after a leak that bad. So, while it is not your sunroof, since that isn't an option, whatever it turns out to be I would make sure they don't simply vacuum your carpets.
post #39 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
Global Moderator

Gen 1 Colorados were famous for leaking at the third brake light location. So much so, sealing that fixture was the first real mod I ever did to it. So the first time we got a good hard rain with this truck, I went over it with a fine tooth comb. So far, good to go.

Danny

10,000 Posts Club Member #1
Conservative Club Member #2
Gun Toting American Club Member #3
post #40 of 436 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 01:35 AM

I actually noticed this too with my Colorado. Mostly the passenger side back door in my Crew Cab. A few times after a heavy rain or something I opened to the door and water comes out all over the bottom door panel and some on the carpet. Hasn't really happened again but I haven't really had to open the door much. Definitely will monitor it. Maybe I will wait till we get some snow, record on my phone and see if anything happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode