Windshield washer fluid warning or sensor - Page 6 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post
Most vehicles do not have it.

But if they did add it they would remove the price else where and you would either be missing another option or you would be missing added quality to another part.

Lets face it if they put in every option or item at the level some expect these trucks would be $60K.

Washer fluid is like oil and is a item that should be checked on a regular basis. Not a big deal.

GM did have washer fluid heaters in the full size trucks but they caught fire. Use care on what you wish for LOL!.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy with the truck. And this is definitely not a deal breaker.

In all honesty, I'd rather have power sliding rear window instead of a window washing fluid sensor. Oh well.
dave66rivi likes this.

2017 Chevy Colorado Z71, Crew Cab, Short Bed, LGZ 3.6L, 8L45 8 Spd.

How to Videos - Check out my YouTube Channel!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:05 AM

My "old" 2011 Frontier Pro-4X has a sensor and it tells me when it is low. (just saying)
post #103 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:21 AM

They just cheeped out on mirror defrost to. Who cares about the back window defrost on a truck. Now no warning on washer fluid. What else have they taken out. I don't think I will not buy it at the end of my lease. The truck is only good for warmer climate.

post #104 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaetan Losier View Post
They just cheeped out on mirror defrost to. Who cares about the back window defrost on a truck. Now no warning on washer fluid. What else have they taken out. I don't think I will not buy it at the end of my lease. The truck is only good for warmer climate.
Can't speak to "warmer" climate nature of trucks, but I have more issues with the back window needing defrosting than the mirrors around Texas.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #105 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 12:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
They didn't cheap out on the mirror defrost, they just force you to buy a particular model to get it (which still sucks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
Can't speak to "warmer" climate nature of trucks, but I have more issues with the back window needing defrosting than the mirrors around Texas.
Agreed.
I use my rear defogger/defrost just about every morning here from April thru September to get rid of the 80-100% humidity morning dew collection. I use a California water blade to squeegee them off on the exceptionally heavy mornings.
post #106 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondupot View Post
So this morning I ran the windshield washer fluid to get a particularly juicy bug off, and I ran out of fluid! No warning in the DIC or nothing.

Kinda of annoying....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondupot View Post
Thanks, the search on this site sucks and I didnt find that one.
I merged your thread with an existing. I'm curious, what did you search? I put in washer fluid and this came right up.

Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon - Search Results for wash fluid

2015 Colorado Red Rock Metallic CC Long Bed Z71 4x4
-Mods So Far: Rally Armor UR Plus Flaps, Yellow Tinted Fog Lights, Access Vanish Cover, Linex, EGR Matte Black Wind Deflectors, P3 Brake Controller, MBRP Stainless Steel Cat-Back, Anzo LED Tail-lights, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB w/3' Firestik, Falken ATw3 Wildpeak 265/65R17 tires

Self Diagnosed RC Car/Truck Addict

Site Rules
post #107 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT View Post
I merged your thread with an existing. I'm curious, what did you search? I put in washer fluid and this came right up.

Want to merge another one?

Low Windshield Fluid alert

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #108 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT View Post

My work computer displays search results funny on this site..... I also have an adblocker turned on and sometimes that blocks search results. idk its goofy

post #109 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 02:05 PM

I know this topic is not as traumatic as the deadly key fob hitting the steering column, or the dreaded hood flutter. If you mount the washer fluid jug next to the console hose thru fire wall you won't make hood flutter worse by opening hood, heaven forbid that you guys might adjust the latch and hood bumpers. I can't believe what is brought up on this forum as a problem! next you will want the truck manufacturers to supply a fur lined piss pot with every truck.
DRDANO likes this.
post #110 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 02:16 PM

The truth is especially this segment that they have only so much space to build the truck as they get over $40K they sales drop off fast.

You can add a lot of these little items like some vehicles do but it takes away from other areas and often leaves you with a well optioned recall trap.

Pricing and optioning a car or truck is a fine balance. It is not an easy process and unlike a full size truck that has little limits on moving up on pricing this one is limited by the market and the full size trucks.

I used to see on the HHR web site people complaining they wanted better interiors and AWD. Both would have been great but how much would you pay for an HHR SS? They already were $28K sticker and you get over $30 game over. Even as it was they only accounted for 8% of sales at best.

Chrysler has always tossed in many options to draw people in but they also suffer the greatest recalls and are the second worst for return buyers in the market. You can get a loaded crew V8 full size 4x4 crew for $33K but there is a reason they have it discounted $5K more than Ford or GM.

I know these things appear to look like small things but you add $25 to each vehicle and you have a limit on what you can spend on what you put in it adds up. Like a home budget you need to stick to it as automakers need to stick to theirs.

So a light would be nice but in the big picture only a few people notice and even less care.
CrashFix likes this.
post #111 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 07:25 PM
JBT

Garage
I have never seen or had this option on any vehicle I have ever owned. It might be nice. I would still probably let it run out and stop at the nearest gas station or convenience store and buy some more. It's not a big deal. The only time I got crappy washer fluid that froze in the winter was when my 2016 Colorado was brand new in 2015 winter and the manufacturers washer fluid froze. I had to go to the store and buy some cheap ass stuff to dump in there to get Chevy's washer fluid to unfreeze. I can't imagine what the hell my next truck is going to warn me about. I need a warning light in my truck to tell me when my beer supply is getting low at home. Come on Chevy!

2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6 4x4 Extended Cab

Last edited by JBT; 05-16-2017 at 07:34 PM.
post #112 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
They took out the low coolant level warning as well.

found this out the hard way, the truck overheats when you run out of coolant. even if it looks full (the reservoir is not even, there are pockets of coolant that never drain), you will be surprised.

why run out of coolant you say? from the cheap pos radiators they put in nowadays.

mine just got back from service. 9 months old and the radiator is blown. still stinks like antifreeze and it's been 2 weeks...starting to dislike this truck. first warranty work I've ever had done to any vehicle ever, well except the water pump on the enclave, but that had the 100k factory warranty and it went at 97k so I can't really complain...

the crappy 36k warranty will be up in about 7 more months and then I am doomed...
post #113 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 03:01 PM

Filled my washer reservoir last night. Took a full gallon of fluid. Guess I'll just have to keep an eye on the level.

while I was under the hood I also adjusted my hood bumpers about 1/2 turn each. In an attempt to reduce some hood flutter. Forgot to watch it on the way to work today tho.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode