Console Vault now made for the twins - Page 7 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 04:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidelophile View Post
I get the "smash and grab scenario" I just can't see the point in a $250 safe to lock a $400 item in, especially when it takes up my center console. I guess those with more expensive merchandise would realise the savings and insurance deductibles would come into play but not for me.

As far as there being an "accident" to prevent. There are no accidents after a theft. If some jerkass is going to rob me, I don't feel responsible for what he/she does with what he/she takes.
I don't want to take this thread and hijack it and go off topic. But to me, being a gun owner is a 7x24x365 responsibility. At the moment, there are forces actively working in the United States to ban and/or severely restrict guns and our right to self-defense (Obama, Clinton, Bloomberg, etc.). It is critical that law abiding gun owners do everything we can to make the clear distinction that Gun Criminals ARE CRIMINALS. Likewise, law abiding gun owners must be seen as responsible and trustworthy individuals. Most of the gun crimes in the United States are committed with illegal and stolen guns and they estimate over half of all stolen guns are stolen from cars. Therefore, knowing that the public's safety and our constitutional rights are at stake; I choose to do everything I can to prevent my firearm from being stolen and used in a crime. Also, in my state, I can be held responsible for any crime with my firearms unless I report it stolen. The liability far outweighs the $250 for the safe.
Janster and FlynJRacer like this.

2015 Chevy Colorado LT, 4x4, Short Bed, G80 Locking Dif, Towing PKG, Projector Beam Lamps, heated leather seats, heated mirrors, NAV, Bose, transfer case skid plate...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 133 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 07:48 AM

I just purchased this for my GMC Canyon. I went with the 3 combination as my main use is to secure my firearm in my truck and ensure my young children cannot access it.

The vault was shipped the day after ordering by FedEx and arrived in 2 days.

I went for the recommended install of just sliding the vault in and securing the two screws. It took less than 5 minutes. The foam I received was cut to size of the vault and I inserted it on the inside.

I did cover the bottom of the vault with 3M double sided tape for extra strength and stability, don't think It really needed it but no harm done.

Overall very pleased.
post #123 of 133 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:09 PM

Just got mine installed today. Added a gun magnet before installing to hold my firearm while at work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0479.jpg (76.8 KB, 156 views)
bsn64 likes this.

post #124 of 133 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:19 PM

I am about to pull the trigger :O on this vault. I am also considering placing two Safariland Quick Locking System receiver plates in the truck. One in the vault and one under the steering column. That way the weapon can ride safely in the holster and be transferred between the two mounting points. Does anyone think those those side bolts will interfere with my idea?

If you're unfamiliar with the holster.

Model 579 GLS? Pro-Fit? Holster - The Safariland Group

For custom mounts.

Quick Locking System Kit - The Safariland Group

Last edited by FlynJRacer; 04-19-2017 at 12:53 PM. Reason: unnecessary commentary removed
post #125 of 133 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:10 PM

Installed in my truck and now i have an annoying chirp when going over bumps. If I push down on the vault it doesnt happen so its definitely coming from the center console.
post #126 of 133 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 03:22 PM

Installed on my 2015 Colorado. Very impressed with the quality and how nicely it fit. I put that weird piece of foam inside the vault at the bottom, just to keep stuff from rattling around. Super easy install, the hardest part was picking a combination that I never used for anything.

I work in Reading PA, and anyone who knows Reading PA knows it's not the best area. I park my truck for 12 hour shifts, so I really felt the responsible decision was to get a vault for my CC Glock .40.
Tjdeerslayer37 likes this.
post #127 of 133 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 03:27 PM

Garage
I would love to find a way to lock my AR-15 and my M1 to my truck, but so far, can only find cables

2017 Colorado Z71 (2WD), Cajun Red, V6, Tow, GM Sportbar w/lights, Vinyl "Performance" striping, 4" Westin Nerf Bars, BAK Revolver X2 roll up bed cover (modified), Bed LED lights
post #128 of 133 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 04:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg Z71 View Post
I would love to find a way to lock my AR-15 and my M1 to my truck, but so far, can only find cables
I know Troy makes a steel box for under the rear seat:

CP-CHCO-RS-BX Colorado Electronics Box | Troy Products

However there is no lid and it doesn't lock. If you wanted I am sure you could come up with something creative. I hope in time they make a lockable under seat box like they do for the Silverado:

Chevy Silverado Under Seat Lockbox
ferg Z71 likes this.

" I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work." -C. Titus
post #129 of 133 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 08:56 PM

Garage
For those with the safes installed, how do you route the USB cable up and out from the console for plugging in your phone?

2017 GMC Canyon 4x4 Diesel
post #130 of 133 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 10:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTShipp View Post
For those with the safes installed, how do you route the USB cable up and out from the console for plugging in your phone?
I got one of those USB cables with a retractable attachment and a flat cable. There is just enough room on the right side of the console vault to run it out through the groove that is there before bolting in the vault.

2016 Canyon SLE diesel, Brownstone Metallic, Towing Package, etc.

Mods:
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
Factory GMC front Mud Flaps
BigBoi Headlight Switch Mod

In the garage: 2002 Z06

post #131 of 133 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 12:08 PM

My question is this: why is everyone not using the USB on the front for their phone, etc? Oh, and how much room is there under the console. Lid after installing the vault?
post #132 of 133 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 06:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfddenhugh View Post
My question is this: why is everyone not using the USB on the front for their phone, etc? Oh, and how much room is there under the console. Lid after installing the vault?
Using the Ampere app, some of us discovered about a year ago that the USB outlet in the console puts out the most charge...

2016 Canyon SLE diesel, Brownstone Metallic, Towing Package, etc.

Mods:
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
Factory GMC front Mud Flaps
BigBoi Headlight Switch Mod

In the garage: 2002 Z06

post #133 of 133 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfddenhugh View Post
If you look at some of the photos (search google Console Vault GMC Canyon or Colorado) and use images..... The locking knob and handle take up about an inch or so. You probably have about 1 inch of clearance between the top of the vault and the lid.

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode