Looking for seat covers - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 11:09 AM

Garage
What color is your center insert? Light grey or charcoal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorschevy15 View Post
This is what I have in my truck( Colorado and Volvo truck)Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevbz View Post
I like these

Carhartt® Seat Covers - Best Price on Carhartt® Duck Weave Seat Covers for Trucks, Cars & SUVs

and these

Coverking Tactical Ballistic Canvas Seat Covers

I'm a construction worker (I actually bring a complete change of clothes and change head to tow daily the keep it clean, pain in the butt) so I like idea of less fabric to hold dirt and more of nylon-ish non penetrable surface. Not as nice to look at but my last seat covers were Neoprene and I could slap the seat and get enough fine dust to send a person into an asthma attack, and that fine dust would work its way through the fabric/neoprene.

The only thing that scares me is our unique headrest, I've yet to buy anything because I haven't seen a definitive picture, even though they say they are for our truck.
I have the ballistic nylon from CoverCraft front and back in my Cruze. They are thinner than the Carhart but are heavier duty and more wear resistant.

Because they have almost no stretch or give to them they are very hard to install.

I went to an auto upholstery shop and paid him $150 cash to install them. Money well spent. After he was done he told me that he would charge more for install next time because of the effort required.
kevbz likes this.

Postpartum Aggression

Current Fleet:
2014 Cruze Diesel (daily grinder)
2008 DTS Lux III (pleasure craft)
1996 Impala SS (garage queen)

Retired Fleet:
1999 Tahoe PPV (14.5 years / 135,879 miles)
1988 Caprice 9C1 (first new car)
1984 6000 STE (first car)
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdawgfan View Post
www.seatcovers.net. They have everything you can think of.
Got my camo back seat covers for my crew cab from them and they are terrific.

2015 - born 12/3/14 (built on a Wednesday!);
picked up 1/3/15; CC SB 4x4 LT Green Lux pkg, Conv pkg, Ext Conv pkg, Tow pkg, Spray-in liner.

post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Pra

GMC has OEM rear seat covers. Considering ordering these for my Colorado as they should fit just fine.

2016 Canyon Protective Rear Fitted Seat Cover in Black w Armrest - 23438870 - Interior - Canyon

Protective Rear Fitted Seat Cover landing page
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 06:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pra View Post
GMC has OEM rear seat covers. Considering ordering these for my Colorado as they should fit just fine.

2016 Canyon Protective Rear Fitted Seat Cover in Black w Armrest - 23438870 - Interior - Canyon

Protective Rear Fitted Seat Cover landing page
Wow those are expensive! I wonder who makes them for GMC? I ended up ordering the Wet Okole's two weeks ago when they were on sale. I am just waiting for them to come in.
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 08:03 AM

Garage
I have a brand spanking new set of black OEM seat covers. $100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (155.9 KB, 165 views)
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Pra

Quote:
Originally Posted by UH-60M View Post
Wow those are expensive! I wonder who makes them for GMC? I ended up ordering the Wet Okole's two weeks ago when they were on sale. I am just waiting for them to come in.

Yeah, not a clue, hopefully a reputable company. I'm just wanting rears that fit perfectly in back. I hear the Okle's are great, maybe they'll have a sale again soon. Still haven't decided if I will order these yet.
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 08:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pra View Post
Yeah, not a clue, hopefully a reputable company. I'm just wanting rears that fit perfectly in back. I hear the Okle's are great, maybe they'll have a sale again soon. Still haven't decided if I will order these yet.
The sale I got was from Cabela's. They also worked with me on shipping ($5).

Wet Okole Custom-Fit Neoprene Seat Covers : Cabela's

Looks like the sale is still going on. Not that you need to make a purchase
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 12:44 PM

Garage
Autoanything has 20% off sale,worked for Carhartt covers,$152 shipped.

Last edited by Coldtest; 04-12-2016 at 06:32 AM.
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 08:12 PM
vw1

Garage
Still waiting for my Marathon cordura nylon seat covers so I can't rate them yet. All I can say is 6-8 weeks is a bit outrageous, even for a custom-fit product. Hard to believe it only took 4 weeks for my truck to be built and delivered, but the seat covers take 6-8 weeks! I knew going in but ended up liking these covers the most of everything I looked at. I was told when I ordered that the factory was weeks behind, thus the delay.

2016 Chevy Colorado Ext. Cab Z71 4x4 Red Hot
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 10:53 PM
Pra

Quote:
Originally Posted by UH-60M View Post
The sale I got was from Cabela's. They also worked with me on shipping ($5).

Wet Okole Custom-Fit Neoprene Seat Covers : Cabela's

Looks like the sale is still going on. Not that you need to make a purchase
Nice! Thanks for the heads up! I ended up ordering these GMC OEM ones for the Canyon (I'm almost positive they will fit my Colorado). If they fit perfectly and are of quality I'll definitely make a thread with a review so an OEM option is out there for people to buy.
post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 09:46 PM
Pra

Got the seat covers installed these are the OEM ones that GMC sells for the Canyon, fits the Colorado perfectly as well. The Vendor GMC uses for these covers is CoverKing. When I get sometime I may post a review and photos if anyone is interested. Note these are the rear seat covers only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 11:05 AM

What seat covers have you installed?

I am looking at buying and installing seat covers on my 15 Canyon. My shorthair pointer is shedding like crazy and I'm tired of the wife whining about dog hair. Any suggestions or experiences would be most welcome. Besides get rid of the wife. Thanks in advance.
post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 11:43 AM

@Marlin Mike,
You and your wife can scan through this thread I moved you into for your new favorite seat coverings. :)

Bring Fido in for the final selection so all involved parties are happy.
post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 01:18 PM

Mr 08Canyon thank you for moving my thread. I did not see it even though I did look. I'm not very comp knowledgeable so again thanks and sorry you had to move it.
post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin Mike View Post
I am looking at buying and installing seat covers on my 15 Canyon. My shorthair pointer is shedding like crazy and I'm tired of the wife whining about dog hair. Any suggestions or experiences would be most welcome. Besides get rid of the wife. Thanks in advance.
I have cordura ballistic nylon covers. No problem with dog hair.

As for your other problem, let me know when you find a fix. I suspect that many will want your advice.
PAR likes this.

Postpartum Aggression

Current Fleet:
2014 Cruze Diesel (daily grinder)
2008 DTS Lux III (pleasure craft)
1996 Impala SS (garage queen)

Retired Fleet:
1999 Tahoe PPV (14.5 years / 135,879 miles)
1988 Caprice 9C1 (first new car)
1984 6000 STE (first car)
post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin Mike View Post
Mr 08Canyon thank you for moving my thread. I did not see it even though I did look. I'm not very comp knowledgeable so again thanks and sorry you had to move it.
No worries. It's mostly that I remember the threads and have some idea of a key phrase to search by. Then I can recognize by the title if it's a thread I am looking for. If I couldn't remember the thread title of what is contained withing, I'd be useless.
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw1 View Post
Still waiting for my Marathon cordura nylon seat covers so I can't rate them yet. All I can say is 6-8 weeks is a bit outrageous, even for a custom-fit product. Hard to believe it only took 4 weeks for my truck to be built and delivered, but the seat covers take 6-8 weeks! I knew going in but ended up liking these covers the most of everything I looked at. I was told when I ordered that the factory was weeks behind, thus the delay.
Any update on the Marathon covers? Pictures (especially of the rear seats for me) would be really helpful as I decide between the OEM Chevy ones and the Marathons. Thanks

Also- can anyone with the OEM covers comment on what the material is? Hard to tell from the pictures and various website listings

Last edited by zorty; 01-24-2017 at 09:16 AM.
post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 09:52 AM

Garage
For my last 3 vehicles, I've ordered online from a smaller customer company in FL, and have always been happy with the experience. Custom Seat Covers - True Fit® Poly/Cotton Canvas
I chose Camo. You can ask for mailed cloth swatches in the colors/types that interest you.
Front-row for the '16 Colorado cost me about $160, I think. Includes console lid cover (I chose black for that piece) and headrest covers.
(No, I'm not a stockholder! Just happy to have a reliable company, these days)
sagbay likes this.
post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 11:28 AM
PAR

Garage
I got the Coverking cordura nylon ballistic seats and I like them a lot. If you use the supplied gear bags on the molle straps on the back of the seat, they will interfere with larger passengers... just a heads up.

2015 Colorado CC/SB LT 2WD 3.6L V6
Cyber Gray/Jet Black
Convenience Pkg
18" Wheels
Tow Pkg/Locking Diff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode