Steering Wheel Replacement - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:50 PM

subbing, will be doing this in the future. Might just need to purchase some extra bits from GM when I do it, to handle the broken parts possibility.

'17 Crew V6, Build log of sound system / Build log of rest of truck modifications
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 07:16 PM

I've upgraded the HMI module in my WT to an I06 and the 8 inch screen, I now have the factory GPS. My question is, if I got a new steering wheel with the audio controls will it work? I've heard that the HMI module is the one that interfaces with the audio controls on the steering wheel. Has anybody have any experience with this?
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 07:21 PM

This is good for when I find a heated steering wheel from a Denali to swap into my ColoRAYdo

2017 Chevy Colorado Z71, Crew Cab, Short Bed, LGZ 3.6L, 8L45 8 Spd.

How to Videos - Check out my YouTube Channel!

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 12:02 AM
gdl

Hi Guys, new to forum and first post. I bought a 2017 Canyon SLT Diesel last weekend and am also waiting for the Denali wheel to become available. I also have a 2010 Avalanche and I recently installed a heated wheel into it so I'm hoping this will be similar or hopefully even easier. On the Avalanche I also had to replace the clockspring with one that supported the heated wheel but after that it was just a simple matter of hooking up a power and ground wire that came with the new clockspring. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe GM used a standard clockspring in 2017 but I'd actually be surprised if they did. My guess is we're going to have to replace the clockspring as well as the wheel.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 11:51 PM

What's the part number
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 11:41 PM
gdl

Don't know yet, still waiting for it to become available. I keep checking the online GM parts sites and none of them list anything for the 2017 Canyon yet.

2017 Canyon SLT Duramax
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 05:42 PM

Just a question on this (didn't want to start a new thread). I have a 2016 WT with Convenience package but NOT audio controls on the steering wheel. I am adding a Double DIN set up with Maestro ADS-MRR and appropriate harness (GM3) I am adding mostly to keep the Door chimes, Climate control through receiver and reverse camera.

A couple questions...
Is there already a Microphone in the headliner ? I can add aftermarket of course but wanted to use as much of the OEM stuff as I can.
If I add the module below do I need to do anything else ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (38.1 KB, 10 views)
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 05:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Demo View Post
Just a question on this (didn't want to start a new thread). I have a 2016 WT with Convenience package but NOT audio controls on the steering wheel. I am adding a Double DIN set up with Maestro ADS-MRR and appropriate harness (GM3) I am adding mostly to keep the Door chimes, Climate control through receiver and reverse camera.

A couple questions...
Is there already a Microphone in the headliner ? I can add aftermarket of course but wanted to use as much of the OEM stuff as I can.
If I add the module below do I need to do anything else ?
Adding that module will definitely require a BCM flash for functionality, if GM will allow it. They are becoming very anti-mod...

Welcome to C'Fans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode