Sound Of Rushing Water in Dash - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglf83 View Post
My AC sounds like that to for a while when it just comes in.

I had a couple of GMC loaners that did it too. I think it's normal.

Yes my 16 colorado makes that odd noise the first time i call for AC in the day. Haha, darth vador...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 07:05 AM

I took my truck back for the 3rd time for this sound. The mechanic came out to ask how it has been who is the one who always works on it. I asked him what exactly is the process in that tech bulletin. He said just what i have read online. Jack the truck like 1ft off the ground in the front only, let it run close to an hour with the overfill cap off. He said yes you will lose coolant since it will bubble out, not a lot but definitely some, so make sure you have some if you plan on doing this several times at home.

Yes said the tried it a different way which did not yield any better results. He said since the thermostat is electronic they drove around with their little computer plugged in and the thermostats only opens 60-70% of the way at normal operating temp since we are not towing etc.. They said they told the computer to open it at 100% so there was no restricted flow, but that really didn't help much either. He said it is just a bad design with the reservoir placement and the hoses going into the heater core which make it susceptible to air.

Lot of info but it is good that they have made some effort to fix. I just don't understand how some people have did this once in their garage and it is good and mine has been in several times!
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty_dog View Post
My dealer easily fixed this issue. They stated that they evacuated system and refilled.
Hoping this is the case with me haha.

2016 Colorado WT Crew Cab 2.5L

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 08:15 PM

Had mine in today. They burped system we'll see if it works. For what it's worth they said engineering is working on a solution.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye1! View Post
Had mine in today. They burped system we'll see if it works. For what it's worth they said engineering is working on a solution.
Ive been burping mine for months now. It's a lot less but I'm guessing you need to do this a bunch consistently until it's totally gone and not just "when I think about" like ive been doing, lol

2016 Brownstone Duramax Z71 View My Build

N00bs click here for free help

PS: All my posted photos are dead because PhotoBucket sucks. If you need a pic restored PM me a link to the post and Ill fix it.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 02:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Let me know if the noise goes away...

post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:45 PM

I have only driven once since getting back. Too early to tell.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 09:09 AM

It's doesn't bother me much. Do you think there is so much air it could cause issues down the road? If not it doesn't bother me and I'll burp it myself someday just to see if it goes away...

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 09:43 AM

Dealer claims it won't hurt anything. Had them look at it while doing first oil change.

Mine doesn't do it all the time.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 06:30 PM

Garage
I got hit with this. No work can be done until GM figures out what makes this rushing water sound. Meh - no biggie I've accepted it. Just blast music louder lol. Tech says the truck is fine, will drive fine, and no issue as of now. They will keep me/us posted on when they have a fix for it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t2.jpg (220.1 KB, 35 views)

post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:13 PM

My answer was similar.
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:40 AM

i have the same issue, took it in and got the same response as DemetrioGQ. They checked it and said GM is aware and that is all. Just a little annoyance of a sound, but they didnt do anything else. Mine happens quite often.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe View Post
i have the same issue, took it in and got the same response as DemetrioGQ. They checked it and said GM is aware and that is all. Just a little annoyance of a sound, but they didnt do anything else. Mine happens quite often.
My local dealer said the same to me.
Seems like the cabin wouldn't get warmed as quickly with the heater coil partially empty.
Not a performance issue, but certainly a comfort and convenience issue.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

'16 Base
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.guillory View Post
My local dealer said the same to me.
Seems like the cabin wouldn't get warmed as quickly with the heater coil partially empty.
Not a performance issue, but certainly a comfort and convenience issue.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
it is interesting, i have used my heater over the last week and has been fine, so this is indeed a very odd issue. The truck quickly warms up and when i turn the heat on its right there, and feels fine as far as heat. Im wondering if a design flaw or some other engineering situation is at play. I guess time will tell.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
My answer was similar.
Quote:
Quote:
it is interesting, i have used my heater over the last week and has been fine, so this is indeed a very odd issue. The truck quickly warms up and when i turn the heat on its right there, and feels fine as far as heat. Im wondering if a design flaw or some other engineering situation is at play. I guess time will tell.
Definitely just a little annoying sound but I get over it fast.

Let's hope they figure it out soon!
x.guillory likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode