Sound Of Rushing Water in Dash - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sound Of Rushing Water in Dash

When I apply the accelerator i hear the sound of water flowing behind the passenger side dash. Like where the heater core is. I thought it may be air in the system so I burped the system. Has anyone else experience this?

2015 GMC Canyon
Space Gray
Crew Cab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgraczyk411 View Post
When I apply the accelerator i hear the sound of water flowing behind the passenger side dash. Like where the heater core is. I thought it may be air in the system so I burped the system. Has anyone else experience this?
Search feature is your friend. Hope this helps:

Am I the 1st
RatRacer likes this.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 08:11 PM

I'm having the same issue

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So far I opened the coolant overflow and started the truck and let it run with the heat on full blast for about 10 min. A lot of bubbles surfaced and so far it does not make this sound right now. Burp the system and it may work for you. That post you put up Scoops did not work for me. This is why I posted another thread, there was no help in adding fluid since I was full already.

2015 GMC Canyon
Space Gray
Crew Cab
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgraczyk411 View Post
So far I opened the coolant overflow and started the truck and let it run with the heat on full blast for about 10 min. A lot of bubbles surfaced and so far it does not make this sound right now. Burp the system and it may work for you. That post you put up Scoops did not work for me. This is why I posted another thread, there was no help in adding fluid since I was full already.
No worries. Hope the burp fixes your issue.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 08:32 PM

Good timing, I've just started to hear it over the past 2 days or so. Since it rained for short periods, I initially thought water was accumulating somewhere. Only hear after start up and taking off for the first time, seems to stop after 5 minutes or less.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 02:26 PM

Did burping the system work? If so, would you mind posting a photo of the coolant overflow so i know where to look for it when i try the same thing?
Thanks!
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 02:43 PM

Heater Core Water Gurgle Sound

2015 GMC Canyon SLT, V6 Crew Cab Short Bed - Quicksilver Metallic, Driver Alert package, Navigation, Bose Audio, Trailering Package.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 03:50 PM

Garage
My dealer easily fixed this issue. They stated that they evacuated system and refilled.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brl25 View Post
Did burping the system work? If so, would you mind posting a photo of the coolant overflow so i know where to look for it when i try the same thing?
Thanks!
Yes it did work, Just look at the semi clear container on the passenger side of the engine compartment. The level should be at the fill line (a plastic pinch that protrudes in the middle there is a fill line also) I am at work now and unable to get a pic up, sorry.

2015 GMC Canyon
Space Gray
Crew Cab
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 09:28 PM

Garage
Took my 15 in for the same noise and they performed PI #T5420 which burps the system. Noise is gone now.

2015 LT 4WD LASER BLUE EXTENDED CAB ORDERED 4/27/15, TPW 5/18/15 & ARRIVED 6/5/15--V6, Leather, 18 in. wheels, navigation, Bose audio, safety package, remote start, sliding back window, factory spray in bedliner, GM soft folding tonneau, running boards, window deflector & hood protector, Weathertech mud flaps, air-dam delete, pinstripe & everything chrome I could order, projection headlights & other "creature comforts" I JUST HAD TO HAVE!!
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 03:11 PM

New Colorado Rushing Water Sound

Hi
I just bought a new 4 cyl Colorado 2016. It is really odd, when i first start up in the morning and pull out of my garage, the first few turns i make sounds like this big rush of water going back and forth behind the dash more on the passenger side.
The coolant was filled in the resivor tank. The battery when i shake the car does make noise like that but the battery is on my side, and i cant image it would be as loud of a rushing sound as i am hearing.
My next trip to the dealer i was going to ask but you know how these first time cold start problems can be at the dealer.
Any other new Colorado people hear this in theirs?
Thanks!
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trckn View Post
Hi
I just bought a new 4 cyl Colorado 2016. It is really odd, when i first start up in the morning and pull out of my garage, the first few turns i make sounds like this big rush of water going back and forth behind the dash more on the passenger side.
The coolant was filled in the resivor tank. The battery when i shake the car does make noise like that but the battery is on my side, and i cant image it would be as loud of a rushing sound as i am hearing.
My next trip to the dealer i was going to ask but you know how these first time cold start problems can be at the dealer.
Any other new Colorado people hear this in theirs?
Thanks!
Hey there. Just letting you know I found a thread that is very similar to yours. You may not have found it was moved so I quoted you as a notification.

Read up to notice there has been a fix for the somewhat common instance of the water sound behind the dash.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 02:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Canyon View Post
...somewhat common instance of the water sound behind the dash.
My question is does this have any effect on the truck or system? I can hear the gurgle but it doesn't bother me at all. Is there any benefit to getting it burped out?
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 02:09 PM

My truck has been at the dealer. They did verify there was a service bulletin for air in the coolant lines. The first time did not eliminate it all the way so the service manager was having it done again.

He said in severe cases it can cause the engine temp to creep up, but more than likely, just an annoyance hearing the air pockets in the heater core i think he said.
protocol2001 likes this.

Last edited by trckn; 04-28-2016 at 02:26 PM.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:13 AM

So after the dealer having my car 5 business days and doing the tsb from chevy 4 times they said they solved the issue. This morning was my first cold start, and sure enough the sound was still there. Not as bad as before but i can hear it, then when i start turning out of the driveway and such i can still hear the swooshing around.
The service manager said the next step if i wanted to bring it back would be a dump of the fluid, pressurize the system and refill. So looks like i will be going down that road very soon.
Sounds like the electronic thermostats made it harder for them to purge the air. I just dont get how most people on here said yup brought it in and its fixed and on mine they did it 4x?!
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 09:38 PM

About 2 weeks ago I drove the truck up onto ramps and spent 20 minutes burping the system. I noticed a few air bubbles, but not many which is why I waited awhile to see if the noise was still present before responding. No more rushing water, but the AC system still sounds like it's taking a deep breath when first kicking in. Reminds me of Darth Vader in a way.

Last edited by Turbomx5; 05-11-2016 at 09:31 PM.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 10:57 PM

Tagged
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 11:02 PM

Hi I had my 4 cyl 2016 in twice for this in the first month of its life. Total of 7 business days of them burping the system, draining and refilling it and the noise is better but still there especially when you turn.

GM finally told the dealer they have several engineering notices open about the problem and there is no fix so they called it an acceptable noise for the time being.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbomx5 View Post
About 2 weeks ago I drove the truck up onto ramps and spent 20 minutes burping the system. I noticed a few air bubbles, but not many which is why I waited awhile to see if the noise was still present before responding. No more rushing water, but the AC system still sounds like it's taking a deep breath when first kicking in. Reminds me of Darth Vader in a way.
My AC sounds like that to for a while when it just comes in.

I had a couple of GMC loaners that did it too. I think it's normal.
k7tnt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode