Poor Seat Heaters? - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 09:56 AM

Curious, do the cloth seats (Z71 & All Terrain) heat up faster than the leather seats?

My leather seats are in the same range as any of the other leather heated seats I have owned. I think they are quite adequate, but I also don't live in the frigid north.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
...My leather seats are in the same range as any of the other leather heated seats I have owned. I think they are quite adequate, but I also don't live in the frigid north.
I do (Michigan) and the leather seats in my Canyon heat up just fine. I'm sorry to hear they don't work well for everyone--they're a godsend for me this time of year...

...funny, I never even thought about having such a thing until we demo'd a CR-V for my sig oth a while back that had heated leather. Only had it for the weekend but we both decided we'd never own another vehicle without them! Now I find myself wishing I had the heated steering wheel, too...
JBT likes this.

Last edited by Stevef; 01-05-2016 at 02:26 PM.
post #43 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 02:23 PM

Garage
I used my seat heater this morning as it was 9 degrees and after about 10 minutes I had to drop it down to the lowest setting. 2015 Canyon CC here. I have no complaints with them.

post #44 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 02:42 PM
gdb

Have a 2015 Colorado with leather seats and they heat up super. gdb
post #45 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 07:21 PM

16 Canyon CC here, mine work perfectly, can't believe this thread is still alive, they either work properly or they don't and you take it back to dealer for correction.

2016 GMC Canyon 4WD SLT Crew Short Box, 3.6, Summit White, Cocoa Dune, Bose, Navigation, Apple Carplay, Collision Alert, Lane Departure, Molded Splash Guards, Exhaust Tip. Ionic Voyager Running Boards, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, BedRug Bedliner.
post #46 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 07:38 PM

Garage
Add me to the list of bad seats. I have a '15 Canyon All Terrain build date in June. From day 1 I have been disappointed with the heated seats. Lukewarm at best. I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. Thanks guys. I'm gonna have this rectified. Currently in a '16 Sierra SLT all terrain loaner and those seats get hot!

Black GMC Canyon All-Terrain
post #47 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 07:55 PM

Garage
Mine (16 Colorado) are definitely the fastest, hottest, and best heated seats I have owned (2010 Camaro SS, 2011 Silverado LTZ Z71, 2014 Silverado High Country, 2016 Camaro SS all had heated seats).
JBT likes this.

Owns/Drives:
2016 Colorado 4X4 Z71 Crew Cab
2016 Camaro SS
post #48 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGCFDC View Post
16 Canyon CC here, mine work perfectly, can't believe this thread is still alive, they either work properly or they don't and you take it back to dealer for correction.
That's why I started this thread. There are too many out there that have been given the run a round and just accepted it as "normal" like many dealers have told them.
JBT likes this.
post #49 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 09:21 PM

Garage
Count me as another owner where the heated seats don't work. I have only had it a couple of weeks and nothing - no heat that I can tell compared to my last vehicle. I am going to stop at the dealer Friday morning and have them look at it.
post #50 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 09:38 PM

I have 2016 canyon, the heated seats work great. Have to turn them done after about 10 min.
post #51 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 12:29 AM

Garage
You know, I do live in Phoenix, AZ which is known for it's 120 degree summer days. But, it does get down into the 30's in the winter here and I've got to tell you my heated seats in my 2016 will start cooking my butt after less than 10 minutes at which point I have to switch them down one setting and then down to the lowest setting a few mintues later. My wife has a little more cushion in her "seat" (good thing she doesn't read these forums) but she turns them down about 5 minutes after I do. So, anyone who has a dealer telling you they are working fine and you can't feel the heat needs to call BS.

-Curtiss
post #52 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 12:54 AM

Might as well get my vote in on a 2015 Z71.....couldn't ask for more, work perfectly!
JBT and savagebob like this.

2015 Cyber Gray Z71 CC LB Navi Bose Trailer Pkg
Fold-A-Cover
3" Assist Steps
Cravenspeed Shorty Antenna
Dee-Zee Bed Mat
Interior LED's
Debadge & Plasti-Dip Bowties
Tinted Windows
McGard Anti Theft Tailgate Lock
post #53 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 04:29 AM

I installed aftermarket CalTrend Dura Plus Canvas seat covers because honestly I dont like leather. I only got it to have heated seats.

With Cal Trend seat covers, I won't run my seats over Medium. And that's if it's I didn't layer up.

I can't run them on high or my arse burns. That's WITH covers.

If your seats don't burn on high, something is wrong.

2016 Cayon SLT Ext-Cab • 4X4 • V6 • Bronze Allow Metallic
Tuned
Caltrend Dura Plus Seat Covers
Red LED Dome Lights

post #54 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 07:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillaFunk View Post
I installed aftermarket CalTrend Dura Plus Canvas seat covers because honestly I dont like leather. I only got it to have heated seats.

With Cal Trend seat covers, I won't run my seats over Medium. And that's if it's I didn't layer up.

I can't run them on high or my arse burns. That's WITH covers.

If your seats don't burn on high, something is wrong.
No, some of us just don't like our buns toasted.

2015 Colorado Z71 | Black | CC | SB | 2wd | 3.6 | Bose | Nav | Tow | Factory Spray On Bedliner | LED Bed Lighting | 30" Rigid LED Lightbar | G4 Fold-a-Cover & Caddy | Dash Cam/Rear Cam | Ready Lift 2" Front with Sway Bar Blocks | Auto Spring Add A Leaf | BFG KO2 265/70 17
post #55 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 07:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki View Post
I have 2016 canyon, the heated seats work great. Have to turn them done after about 10 min.
My switch doesn't have a "done" position. Must be a 2016 feature!
garymikey1982 likes this.

2015 Colorado Z71 | Black | CC | SB | 2wd | 3.6 | Bose | Nav | Tow | Factory Spray On Bedliner | LED Bed Lighting | 30" Rigid LED Lightbar | G4 Fold-a-Cover & Caddy | Dash Cam/Rear Cam | Ready Lift 2" Front with Sway Bar Blocks | Auto Spring Add A Leaf | BFG KO2 265/70 17
post #56 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 05:08 PM

Garage
has anyone that has poor heated seats had them fixed at all? I plan on bringing mine in soon and want to know if the problem was fixed.

keep on keepin' on
post #57 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 05:17 PM

Garage
My heated seats worked fine until just a couple of weeks ago. Now, they don't even get warm at all. Neither does the passenger seat.
Going to have them address that as well when my next appt comes up in a couple weeks.

post #58 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagebob View Post
My switch doesn't have a "done" position. Must be a 2016 feature!
It is . Your butt is done if you leave them on high too long!
post #59 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 01:31 PM

Got into an argument with dealer over this issue today. Was already trying to convince me it was normal before he even looked at it. I drove the truck all last winter..i know how they are supposed to work and he is trying to tell me its fine. Waiting on call to see if they are actually going to fix or claim they are working but the service manager was a total d*ck and I have very low expectations. I would like to hear if anyone has gotten these fixed under warranty? Service manager also mention under his breath he would have to check if this was even covered by warranty!? Needless to say no matter the outcome I wont be going back to this dealer..same dealer denied the transmission update was available.
post #60 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 02:42 PM

Garage
Going to dealer this Sat for the door panel/speaker rattle and fluttering hood after the latch replacement. Going to have them check on the seat warmer issue. Hope I don't get into an argument about the seat warmer issue.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode