Lets see your switch setups?? - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 103 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerado View Post
That is the whole window... what if you already have a sliding rear window, just want the power option?
Because of the way the window operates and latches, I don't think you can purchase just an actuator for it. It would be cool if you could thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 103 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 02:03 PM

Garage
Mine are pretty much out of sight to anyone who isn't directly looking for them.

2015 Rally Yellow Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab (14k) "Colly"

MODS: 2016 Trail Boss sport bar and lights, Backing plates on sport bar for "Colorado" badge painted Rally Yellow, Westin brush guard with winch tray, Trailmaster 6000 lb winch, Rough Country light bar, Window tint, soft tonneau cover
post #23 of 103 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 03:29 PM

I was thinking about making one like I had in my 2014 tacoma
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160412_145755_1460489376703.jpg (106.1 KB, 557 views)

post #24 of 103 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by team helotes View Post
Switch came in Saturday. I will not be installing it for a few weeks, but here are a couple of photos. Looks like it will fail perfect where I want to put it. Not it is not mounted, I will drill a hole and run the wires where they can not be seen.

You ever install it? I am doing the exact same thing and would be interested to see
post #25 of 103 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 08:06 PM

Here's my light bar switch. I'll use it for more off-road light bars as I install them other than the one I have now. I picked up the Duramax brake controller "holder" to replace the credit card holder near the steering column. I also picked up a 1/4 inch thick piece of abs plastic and glued it with e6000 to the "holder." I just soldered all of the wires and sleeved it with braided sleeving. Hopefully replace the stock Rough Country switch in the next couple of days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0148.jpg (166.9 KB, 465 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0149.jpg (160.1 KB, 435 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0151.jpg (137.2 KB, 369 views)

Last edited by tmillszero1; 05-01-2016 at 08:19 PM.
post #26 of 103 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 09:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejmack307 View Post
You ever install it? I am doing the exact same thing and would be interested to see
Not yet truck is in body shop getting hail damage fixed.

Ordered 4-23-15, built 5-21-15, sitting in my driveway 6-8-15. Canyon SLE, crew cab, long bed, 2wd, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa Dune.
Roll N Lock bed cover and cargo manager, custom made tool tray, OEM mud flaps, front windows tinted, running boards, 300 Watt Inverter with Sierra OEM plug, Warning Lights for fire dept, 6K HIDs lows and highs, LED fog light bulbs, 30" LED light bar, 2.5" front lift with 1" rear, Michelin AT/2 265/70/17, custom sports bar with 2 LED light bars, Rigid cargo lights.
post #27 of 103 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 06:22 PM

Garage
Installed in the truck today. I like it!! The center bottom switch is the power switch. The other 6 switches can be set as on/off or momentary. There is also labels that go in the center of each button.

Big_Bubba likes this.

Ordered 4-23-15, built 5-21-15, sitting in my driveway 6-8-15. Canyon SLE, crew cab, long bed, 2wd, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa Dune.
Roll N Lock bed cover and cargo manager, custom made tool tray, OEM mud flaps, front windows tinted, running boards, 300 Watt Inverter with Sierra OEM plug, Warning Lights for fire dept, 6K HIDs lows and highs, LED fog light bulbs, 30" LED light bar, 2.5" front lift with 1" rear, Michelin AT/2 265/70/17, custom sports bar with 2 LED light bars, Rigid cargo lights.
post #28 of 103 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 12:54 PM

Garage
Just another variation to share... That Feniex mini looks great and may have to change to that, however I already had the OTRATTW switches and parts, but finding a place to mount them within reach and without cutting big holes was the delay. I found some YouTube videos of making switch panels from ABS sheets and saw where you could bend the ABS with a heat gun. I bent a piece with 3-sides, cut and glued a top and bottom, angled the sides to match the angle of the USB/power socket panel, and mounted it to the bottom of the heated seats panel so it can be removed without visible scars. I also put a 6-pin quick connect in the wires going to the switches so it can be removed for easy access. It's deep enough for the switches and the terminal connector housings as well as the wiring loops joining the switches and it also brings the switches out for easier reach. I lose most of that storage hole but still have access to the USB and power outlets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1152a.JPG (87.9 KB, 416 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1158a.JPG (101.5 KB, 513 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1160a.JPG (74.9 KB, 420 views)
supermodulation and lqdchkn like this.

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4x4 Extended Cab | Red Rock Metallic | Additions and Modifications: Factory fender flares w/WeatherTech splash guards | black bowties | front spoiler removed | Pop-N-Lock power tailgate lock | factory heated mirrors | automatic under hood light | Bussmann auxiliary fuse/relay box | rear seats removed & replaced with carpeted platform & storage box | automatic glove box light | BrandMotion Homelink garage door opener in overhead console
post #29 of 103 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 10:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Installed in the truck today. I like it!! The center bottom switch is the power switch. The other 6 switches can be set as on/off or momentary. There is also labels that go in the center of each button.

My buddy did my upfitting on my truck yesterday for all my fire department lights and we installed on of these in the exact same spot...looks awesome. Fits my needs perfectly.

2016 Z71 CCSB Summit White 3.6L
Factory:Bose,Trailer,Spray-In
Add-Ons:Limo Tint, Lo-Pro QT Tonneau
Wishlist:HID's,LED Fogs,Switchbacks,Leveled,Trailboss Wheels/Tires
post #30 of 103 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:

Who makes that unit?
post #31 of 103 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 11:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsbarton View Post
Who makes that unit?
Already posted in this thread:

4200 Mini
kevin1 likes this.

The COLORAD
2016 Chevy Colorado in Laser Blue
post #32 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 08:36 PM

Garage
I would like to place my switches in the same place as Wolfman01 did, but the problem is I am leery about breaking the center console since I just got my truck. I have a tendency to snap stuff made of plastic. How did you get that center panel off to put the switches in Wolfman01? Thanks.

Last edited by Big_Bubba; 06-13-2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: To more clearly identify the specific information I am asking for.
post #33 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 04:35 PM

Garage
Team Helotes I see that you placed youe mini in the same place as Wolfman 01 placed his switches.. How did you get that small panel off of the console without breaking it?

Last edited by Big_Bubba; 06-14-2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: because I cannot type.
post #34 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 09:43 AM

Garage
Big_Bubba,

You need to remove the plastic panel that houses the heated seat switches above this recessed panel and then you will find that it is held in place by 2 screws. The panel above it is held on with snap clips and is very tight. In fact, one of the snap clips broke when I removed mine and I had to go get a replacement.

-Curtiss
Big_Bubba likes this.
post #35 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:13 PM

Garage
Tx phxdsrtrat for the info! I will be very careful as I am very familiar with breaking plastic clips.
post #36 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 02:24 PM

Garage
If you are mindful, you'll find the panel that holds the seat heater switches pulls directly away from the center stack. The dealer did mine as part of the hookup for the sport bar lights. When I went back to hook up the second switch to the light bar in the brush guard, it easily came out. If you are leery, let the dealer remove that panel for you. The plastic panel my switches are mounted to is the one that is held on by two screws.
Big_Bubba likes this.

2015 Rally Yellow Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab (14k) "Colly"

MODS: 2016 Trail Boss sport bar and lights, Backing plates on sport bar for "Colorado" badge painted Rally Yellow, Westin brush guard with winch tray, Trailmaster 6000 lb winch, Rough Country light bar, Window tint, soft tonneau cover
post #37 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 04:05 PM

Garage
Thanks Wolfman01, I am planning to buy one of those plastic interior tool sets so that I don't damage anything.
post #38 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 08:09 PM

Garage
It pulls straight off but it a beach to get off.

post #39 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 08:43 PM

I have a 2016 crew cab and I am adding footwell light front and rear, along with some underhood lighting. I was planning on mounting my switches in the center console between the usb slot and the power outlet. I wasn't overly pleased with this location because I had planned on keeping other items in that space. I took the side panels off the center console to get access to this area. Then I noticed a nice hollow area behind the panels. I mounted my 4 switches to the side panel and I like how well this worked out. Wiring the switches was very easy from there. I just need to tap into the fuse box in passenger side footwell (fuse F29). I took some pictures of the panel so others can see. There is plenty of room for additional switches if I decide to add others later.

post #40 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 12:06 PM

Garage
Light bar switch in steering column
Attached Images
File Type: jpg light bar switch.jpg (120.3 KB, 407 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode