Driver side carpet soaked - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Driver side carpet soaked

I was cleaning mah Treuk today and I pulled off my Weathertech floormat(All plastic rubber) to Vaccum around the edges of it, after I had washed it*_keep that in mind.

When I took the weathertech matt off I got sprayed with water from underneath it and noticed that I had a problem, I put my hand down on the carpet and it was soaked.

I'm not sure if I had a leak from washing it, I did not see any wet spots anywhere when I got in, I washed it at a hose and brush place, not automatic carwash.

Or...**This is what I really think, I have a leak on the AC, from the condensation that is dripping down someplace on the carpet and it has been collecting under the rubber mat.

The water did not smell like soap, (from the carwash) no other odors, just moistness, water. So I ran it to the dealership and I told the guy that I want this checked ASAP because mold will spread, Then he gave me an appointment first thing for tomorrow morning after he put his hand down on the carpet and I came home and dried it up best I could.

Has anyone experienced something like this? I had no water at all on top of the mat, and I have beeb running the AC non s

top whenever I get on, I had no evidence of water leaking trough the seals, unless it's at the windshield and tracing down the bottom part, ending up on my side of the cab.

602 miles on this baby and hopefully this is the only issue

I Added a video, I took off the plastic by the frame and squeezed the carpet, I hope the video works
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4f...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Brayan Rosales; 05-26-2016 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Video link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 07:24 PM

You are definitely not the first and you won't be the last. Its happened to quite a few.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 07:30 PM
CFI

Welcome to the world of GM where making a truck that doesn't leak is a challange after 100 years in the business.

2016 Canyon Ext Cab SLE
Red Rock
3.6L
Tow package / Locking rear
Single zone /slider
Bed Rug
Lear XL cap
Lear Ultimate tail gate seal
Weather Teck liners and splash guards.
Production date 10/15

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 07:36 PM

Some info here - Colorado leaking water - Interior Soaked

Custom Built : 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71, 3.6LV6 CC LB 4WD Black - Bose®, Trailering Pkg, 3" Off-Road Step Bars, Splash Guards, Spray-In Bedliner
Current Mods : G4 Elite Fold-a-Cover - AVS Hood Protector - EGR Black Matte Inchannel Window Deflectors - Front/Rear Dash Cam - Go Rhino Black Exhaust Tip/HitchStep - Red LED Map Lights - Air Dam Delete - Grille Guard - OPT7 Lows - Bull Rings - LED Upgrades - Bed Light - OPT7 Tailgate Light Bar
Future Mods : Carbon Fiber Bowties - other stuff
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

I guess not much to do, exept take it to the dealer.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 08:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayan Rosales View Post
I guess not much to do, exept take it to the dealer.
What year is it, 2016? Doubt it is AC if you just noticed it after a bath. Are you seeing any signs of water coming around the door seal, or the windshield and headliner?

2015 Colorado Z71 | Black | CC | SB | 2wd | 3.6 | Bose | Nav | Tow | Factory Spray On Bedliner | LED Bed Lighting | 30" Rigid LED Lightbar | G4 Fold-a-Cover & Caddy | Dash Cam/Rear Cam | Ready Lift 2" Front with Sway Bar Blocks | Auto Spring Add A Leaf | BFG KO2 265/70 17
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagebob View Post
What year is it, 2016? Doubt it is AC if you just noticed it after a bath. Are you seeing any signs of water coming around the door seal, or the windshield and headliner?
I closed the doors and poured water on all the seals for about 3 minutes, including window and door, not a single drop. Checked periodically as well

2016 with about 670 miles
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 08:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
I closed the doors and poured water on all the seals for about 3 minutes, including window and door, not a single drop. Checked periodically as well

2016 with about 670 miles
Hope the dealer can find it quickly. Make sure they replace your carpet after testing for a few weeks to make sure it is staying dry. Several people here have had their carpets replaced to prevent corrosion and stink, so insist if you must to convince them.
Old 96 and Brayan Rosales like this.

2015 Colorado Z71 | Black | CC | SB | 2wd | 3.6 | Bose | Nav | Tow | Factory Spray On Bedliner | LED Bed Lighting | 30" Rigid LED Lightbar | G4 Fold-a-Cover & Caddy | Dash Cam/Rear Cam | Ready Lift 2" Front with Sway Bar Blocks | Auto Spring Add A Leaf | BFG KO2 265/70 17
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagebob View Post
Hope the dealer can find it quickly. Make sure they replace your carpet after testing for a few weeks to make sure it is staying dry. Several people here have had their carpets replaced to prevent corrosion and stink, so insist if you must to convince them.
I was going to let them dry it, but I agree with you, it's better to have it done now than be dealing with it later on
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I was cleaning mah Treuk today and I pulled off my Weathertech floormat(All plastic rubber) to Vaccum around the edges of it, after I had washed it*_keep that in mind.

When I took the weathertech matt off I got sprayed with water from underneath it and noticed that I had a problem, I put my hand down on the carpet and it was soaked.

I'm not sure if I had a leak from washing it, I did not see any wet spots anywhere when I got in, I washed it at a hose and brush place, not automatic carwash.

Or...**This is what I really think, I have a leak on the AC, from the condensation that is dripping down someplace on the carpet and it has been collecting under the rubber mat.

The water did not smell like soap, (from the carwash) no other odors, just moistness, water. So I ran it to the dealership and I told the guy that I want this checked ASAP because mold will spread, Then he gave me an appointment first thing for tomorrow morning after he put his hand down on the carpet and I came home and dried it up best I could.

Has anyone experienced something like this? I had no water at all on top of the mat, and I have beeb running the AC non s

top whenever I get on, I had no evidence of water leaking trough the seals, unless it's at the windshield and tracing down the bottom part, ending up on my side of the cab.

602 miles on this baby and hopefully this is the only issue

I Added a video, I took off the plastic by the frame and squeezed the carpet, I hope the video works
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4f...ew?usp=sharing

Hi Brayan,

I am deeply sorry to hear that your driver side carpet is soaked with water and can understand that this unexpected situation is frustrating. If you would like me to contact the dealer to give you additional assistance, please let me know!

Best,

Anthony Z.
GM Customer Care

Check out the NEW Owner Center at: My.Chevrolet.com and My.GMC.com

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
Hi Brayan,

I am deeply sorry to hear that your driver side carpet is soaked with water and can understand that this unexpected situation is frustrating. If you would like me to contact the dealer to give you additional assistance, please let me know!

Best,

Anthony Z.
GM Customer Care

I appreciate it, Dealer said I should have it back by noon today, Seems kind of fast unless they have notes from previous issues and they know exactly what to go after, but if I get it back and the issue persists, I will let you know.

Glad to know GM is scouting the forums for customer service!
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 06:26 PM

I had the exact same problem. Only the drivers side front floor. My dealer said there is a TSB out for the leak, they performed it and checked again and discovered it leaking around the e-brake cable where it does thru the firewall. That was over a month ago and it hasn't been wet since so I'm happy
k7tnt and Brayan Rosales like this.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

I haven't had any issues as well
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I appreciate it, Dealer said I should have it back by noon today, Seems kind of fast unless they have notes from previous issues and they know exactly what to go after, but if I get it back and the issue persists, I will let you know.

Glad to know GM is scouting the forums for customer service!
Hi Brayan,

I am very glad to hear that the dealership is taking care of you. I hope everything works out, but please do not hesitate to reach out to me in the future. Have a great day!

Best,

Anthony Z.
GM Customer Care

Check out the NEW Owner Center at: My.Chevrolet.com and My.GMC.com

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 05:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
I haven't had any issues as well
What was the cause of the leak???

2016 Colorado Extended Cab 2wd Cyber Metallic Gray
It's almost as pretty as a Canyon
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 10:18 AM

Mine was the rear window seal.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
What was the cause of the leak???

No sorry, It was due to the AC drain being plugged
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 08:40 PM

Garage
Any way to check the AC drain?

Mine is doing the same thing, only it's the rear passenger side that is getting soaked.

We've also had a ton of rain here recently, so it's hard for me to tell if it's water penetrating from the outside or if it's something else like an AC drain issue.

Today was the third time now that I've noticed the floor being wet, and it's always in the same spot....rear passenger side floor.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 06:41 PM

Back in August, my driver-side front carpet got soaked after my trip home from the dealer. It had 83 miles at the time. After my trip back with the A/C running, I noticed that the water soaking the carpet was ice cold. Turns out, someone at Wentzville forgot to finish popping in the "Air Conditioning Evaporator Module Drain Hose." I demanded new carpet, though the dealer mentioned at the time that it could've been dried out. I found out later that these sections of carpet are bonded with some kind of foam as insulation, which does a great job of holding moisture. I'm not sure how much air-drying took place outside of the cabin, but that foam was still very damp after removal, though the carpet fibers on top felt dry to the touch.

If you're wondering where the drain hose is, refer to the figure below. You can easily see it at the end of the floor console extension panel.

(From a document preview on repairprocedures.com)

Last edited by SethG; 02-01-2017 at 06:45 PM.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 07:20 PM

Garage
I think I need to be worried. I bought a CPO 2016 Colorado with 19k miles on it. I have taken it to the dealership once for the driver's side door leak and, while better, it still leaks. I am about to take it to the dealer again.

My worry is that this vehicle has been leaking for its 19k/12+ month lifespan and that the carpet could be chalked full of mold and mildew.

For anyone that has demanded new carpet, how hard did you have to fight to get it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode